Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

besides Kraus, are there any more recommendation when buy locally? Seem like Elkay is popular in SG... Not much reviews. How's the sound proof? I knock on the sink but don't feel the difference. Lol

Kohler, franke are expensive brands. Elkay I heard before also okay.

There are quite a lot of brand of sinks you might want to get a stainless steel 16 gauge sink. The hardness of the metal by thickness.

Kohler, franke are expensive brands. Elkay I heard before also okay.

There are quite a lot of brand of sinks you might want to get a stainless steel 16 gauge sink. The hardness of the metal by thickness.

think I will get locally. Local has 1.6mm thickness?

Bro 16 gauge is hardness. 16 is harder than 18. If you get 22 gauge then it is more prone to denting.

oic. Much to learn. First time buying a sink :)

Thanks for sharing.

No problem I also first time purchaser. Just that my wife works in the metal industry so I get some idea.

Okay :)

Got reply from Elkay distro, its grade 304 with 1.2mm thickness.

For thickness of stainless steel sheet 1.2mm convert is 18 guage steel.

There are also 316 and 304 stainless steel which are the difference in composition of metal. 316 ss are usually used for outdoor purposes as they are more resistant to rust. 304 more for household.

So we can learn that elkay is 18 guage which is relatively good already. Don't go for those 20 guage and above.

I saw the Elkay outer coating not as vast as Kraus, sound proof Kraus better. FYI the Elkay sinks found in local shops catalog are custom for SG use, unlike the ones I found at Elkay website.

actually IMHO, I can't tell the difference. One of the shop owner I ask about the thickness of the sink and sound proof, say that after fitting into the kitchen top and cabinet door installed. The noise will be minimized during turning on the sink tap.

Edit: BTW, already purchased the Elkay sink :)

Edited by wmayeo

*Sigh* Tried chatting with 3 Amazon CSO to waive off shipping fee but non of them bulge. How did you guys manage to sweet talk them?? :dunno:

Edited by Gvn