Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Okay, let's have a sneak preview of the kitchen cabinet.

DSC01071.jpg

:good: , the centre part is for the hood? mine one don't have laminate backing like yours..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

End of Week 5 19/05/2012

This morning when we made a trip up, I heard running water sound in the house. To my horror, the common toilet pipe was broken and the water leaking out from the pipe behind the sewage pipe! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

IMG303a.jpg

Hubby tried to connect back the pipe that has fallen down, but he was not able to, so he quickly turned off the main water pipe downstairs. We informed our contractor about the leakage. To our surprise, he immediately came to our house to investigate the issue.

I think the water has been running like that since yesterday. Heartache so much water was wasted. :(

Luckily it happened during reno, if not donno whether the contractor will come so fast or not. It is common, we got leakage also inside the MBR sanitary cabinet which is made of wood :o

Edited by Hoo8899

Hahaha.. thanks for the compliment. I think my mom will be very happy to do the cooking in the kitchen too. :D

Well, I don't know how to cook.. but now I have my own kitchen i think i will have the motivation to learn. :P

i know some ppl cook more once they started to use happycall. so maybe you can start using that and maybe will learn to cook from your mum too. :thumbs up:

i know some ppl cook more once they started to use happycall. so maybe you can start using that and maybe will learn to cook from your mum too. :thumbs up:

yah. i made lots of french toast. lol

Week 6 22/05/2012

Took half day today to discuss the kitchen cabinet issue with the carpenter.

I wanted to have handles for our kitchen cabinet.

Carpenter told me it has been a year plus nobody requested for handles for kitchen cabinet except me. :P

Anyway, he gave me a catalogue and we started choosing handles. Now the problem arise, if we install handles for the cabinet doors,

two doors at the L-corner will have problem opening as the handle will block the other door from opening and vice versa.

Carpenter said the only solution is to trim the edge of the door.

This is the photo of the handle we have chosen.

IMG326.jpg

Carpenter fixing the corner cabinet issue. Please ignore the ugly track light bulb. I think it is really ugly with the bulb sticking out like that. We need to change to a cone shape bulb.

IMG322.jpg

The laundry area.

IMG323.jpg

We will have this rack to cover the washer and it also serves as a place to iron the clothes. (Hubby doubts I will use that place to iron clothes.)

DSC00829.jpg

Edited by ValerieLow

:good: , the centre part is for the hood? mine one don't have laminate backing like yours..

Yah, it's for the hood. Yours don't have laminate backing? I didn't ask for it, the carpenter just do what they think is right.

I think it will be easier to clean if there is laminate backing. :unsure:

Luckily it happened during reno, if not donno whether the contractor will come so fast or not. It is common, we got leakage also inside the MBR sanitary cabinet which is made of wood :o

Yalor, luckily it happens during reno. So far my contractor has been a very responsive and responsible person. We like him. It's ok if there is mistake, as long as he fix it before handover, we are ok.

So is the leakage fixed already? If got wood, better make sure the water don't sip into the wood, will rot.

Yaya, I saw this happycall advertisement too. Very tempted to get it. I showed this to my mom too.. she is also very impressed! May want to get it after we settle down.

yah. i made lots of french toast. lol

Lol, so you eat french toast every morning with the happy call pan? :P

if that carpenter is ah hock, say hello to him for me!

I think one of the carpenters is Goh. He has a boss, but i don't know the boss' name. The boss is also a very nice person.

Edited by ValerieLow

Good progress, Valerie! Your kitchen looks so bright with the white cabinet. I wanted to choose white, but I am afraid of maintaining the whiteness, but definitely white is the best choice. Your hubby is right, you won't want to iron in front of the rubbish chute. So smelly.

Yaya, I saw this happycall advertisement too. Very tempted to get it. I showed this to my mom too.. she is also very impressed! May want to get it after we settle down.

john little also selling happycall now. only $65 leh.. which i find quite good price loh. from the pic, it seem like the deeper pan where gmarket selling ard $70. today last day of the sales.... too bad i got no time to go. haiz....

Good progress, Valerie! Your kitchen looks so bright with the white cabinet. I wanted to choose white, but I am afraid of maintaining the whiteness, but definitely white is the best choice. Your hubby is right, you won't want to iron in front of the rubbish chute. So smelly.

no lah, the rubbish chute area not smelly lah.... new type of rubbish chute door quite good. won't smell anything at all. :sport-smiley-018:

no lah, the rubbish chute area not smelly lah.... new type of rubbish chute door quite good. won't smell anything at all. :sport-smiley-018:

Haha... this is psychological factor.

But I like the idea of having a table/portable counter top at the laundry area. Maybe I should visit IKEA and get the table too. I have no idea where to place the floor mats, so I chuck them under the sink cabinet.

Haha... this is psychological factor.

But I like the idea of having a table/portable counter top at the laundry area. Maybe I should visit IKEA and get the table too. I have no idea where to place the floor mats, so I chuck them under the sink cabinet.

hhahaha.. i think so too.... most of the time, rubbish area we think of smelly. :sport-smiley-018:

i just use the top of my washing machine as extra worktop to place all the pots and pans that i just washed. or else no extra space to put them to dry before keeping in drawers.

Hi Aya, your kitchen is bright enough.. no need to use white cabinet to make it brighter. You can use more interesting laminate like wood, which I can't.

Hahaha actually the main reason I won't iron my clothes there is because I have the habit of watching TV and doing the ironing at the same time. It is impossible for me to just do ironing without any entertainment. I hate ironing, it's a boring task.

john little also selling happycall now. only $65 leh.. which i find quite good price loh. from the pic, it seem like the deeper pan where gmarket selling ard $70. today last day of the sales.... too bad i got no time to go. haiz....

The sales will come again I believe. GSS is coming soon! More things to buy. That's the reason I havn't bought or shortlisted any furniture til now. I'm still waiting for good deals.

Very nice kitchen cabinet!

wah.. ur special tile backsplash is looking GOOD!

looks like your reno is coming along.

like your grey doors too.. very interesting and "ang moh" style.

Thank you kungfupanda and thedottyness. We are also happy with the end result.