Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

congratz zihui, welcome to Jurong. Is it near MRT or the Expressway?

Thanks mark! Are you in Jurong too?

hmmm.... that's a good question. I don't know how to answer that hahahah

http://www.streetdirectory.com/sg/hdb-jurong/340-jurong-east-avenue-1-600340/3462_111360.html

when we drive on the PIE towards Tuas, we turn out at Jurong East Ave 1 and within 1 minute, we are at the block's carpark.

It's 900M away from Chinese Garden MRT (according to street directory) but takes about 10-15 minutes to walk there (my fiancee and I tried it out)

so in this case, is it considered to be near the MRT or the expressway? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, my house is at JW ST42, blk 5xx, thanks to Jurong Canal Drive, it make sense to ease the traffic around this area. Cheers

Hi guys,

my fiance and I just got our OTP for a resale EM at Jurong East Ave 1. We're going to exercise our option next week on the 16th.

So excited to finally join the maisonette owners' club! :yeah:

Hi guys,

my fiance and I just got our OTP for a resale EM at Jurong East Ave 1. We're going to exercise our option next week on the 16th.

A big and warm welcome to this EM owners' blog :))

Hi guys,

Congrats & welcome to the EM club. I'm into the 5th week of my Reno journey for my EM @ Bt Batok. So we're not too far from each other. Have you set up your T-blog yet? Look forward to your updates.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Everyone here is so friendly!

However, it turns out I've been silly... I told my hubby-to-be and he laughed at me, saying that what we bought isn't an EM. It's a '5 Room Maisonette Model A" *embarrassed*

Here's the floorplan of our upcoming place:

yf2u.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congrats & welcome to the EM club. I'm into the 5th week of my Reno journey for my EM @ Bt Batok. So we're not too far from each other. Have you set up your T-blog yet? Look forward to your updates.

Thanks 3Dyms!

Yup, we're really quite close to each other! *beam*

your place is the gorgeous one next to WestMall right?

No, I havn't set up the T-blog yet. Can't wait to start on it though! :sport-smiley-003:

Thanks 3Dyms!

Yup, we're really quite close to each other! *beam*

your place is the gorgeous one next to WestMall right?

No, I havn't set up the T-blog yet. Can't wait to start on it though! :sport-smiley-003:

I dunno about gorgeous.... But yes, I'm next to West Mall. Don't worry about yours being 5A maisonette. The floor plans looks good. I love that your dining area is kinda 'away' from the main entrance. Not like mine, if people look into my front door, can see my dining table. And your living room is BIG. Especially if you extend it out to the balcony. Swee leh. Look forward to your t-blog. :D

I dunno about gorgeous.... But yes, I'm next to West Mall. Don't worry about yours being 5A maisonette. The floor plans looks good. I love that your dining area is kinda 'away' from the main entrance. Not like mine, if people look into my front door, can see my dining table. And your living room is BIG. Especially if you extend it out to the balcony. Swee leh. Look forward to your t-blog. :D

hahahaha thanks for the kind words but please don't be so humble - i'm now an avid reader of your T-blog and it's GORGEOUS.

now i'm off to scheme and think of ways to 'psycho' my HTB into agreeing that your design scheme is timeless and classic :notti:

unfortunately, my HTB has already called dibs on the balcony. he intends to turn it into his private enclave where he can sit and relax after work. cheapo escapism hahahahaha

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Everyone here is so friendly!

However, it turns out I've been silly... I told my hubby-to-be and he laughed at me, saying that what we bought isn't an EM. It's a '5 Room Maisonette Model A" *embarrassed*

Here's the floorplan of our upcoming place:

yf2u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5rm maisonette? Maybe a little smaller but layout is still about the same. Do u intend to convert the wash area to a bathroom cum toilet? Do you intend to overhaul the whole place? I still remember this headache when I first start my reno....how I wish I wasn't limitedby my shallow pocket.....Now I have to think of phase 2....hiaz....

hahahaha thanks for the kind words but please don't be so humble - i'm now an avid reader of your T-blog and it's GORGEOUS.

now i'm off to scheme and think of ways to 'psycho' my HTB into agreeing that your design scheme is timeless and classic :notti:

unfortunately, my HTB has already called dibs on the balcony. he intends to turn it into his private enclave where he can sit and relax after work. cheapo escapism hahahahaha

Thanks for reading my simple t-blog and for your kind compliments. Paiseh already lah.

Heheh... Hope you r able to convince your hub. Good luck. *thumbs up* For the balcony, aahhh... guess your hub wants to make it into an nice alfresco, chill-out zone? That will be a great place for entertaining friends & guests. Too bad, my living area is not big enough, so need to extend out to balcony area. :P

Edited by 3Dyms

5rm maisonette? Maybe a little smaller but layout is still about the same. Do u intend to convert the wash area to a bathroom cum toilet? Do you intend to overhaul the whole place? I still remember this headache when I first start my reno....how I wish I wasn't limitedby my shallow pocket.....Now I have to think of phase 2....hiaz....

now i know for a fact that you're being too humble

i've read your t-blog from start to finish and i'm amazed by what you've managed to do with your limited budget.

frankly speaking, if i'm able to achieve similar results (considering the fact that our budget is similar to yours) after the reno process is complete, i'll be very happy.

actually, the previous owner already converted the wash area into a small toilet on the ground floor. so we're going to keep it that way, just do up the tiles.

unfortunately, quite a major overhaul of the entire unit is required. the previous owner didn't really take good care of the unit so now it's up to us to try and work magic within the confines of the budget

Edited by zihui

Thanks for reading my simple t-blog and for your kind compliments. Paiseh already lah.

Heheh... Hope you r able to convince your hub. Good luck. *thumbs up* For the balcony, aahhh... guess your hub wants to make it into an nice alfresco, chill-out zone? That will be a great place for entertaining friends & guests. Too bad, my living area is not big enough, so need to extend out to balcony area. :P

:( Mission failed.

We went over to IMM to walk around to get price estimates, scout for appliances as well as to get inspiration for the house design yesterday.

everytime we came by designs / furniture that hints at the French cottage look, i would coo and drop obvious hints that these furniture pieces would look great in our new place. my HTB would then suddenly suffer from a case of temporary deafness 8|

actually, he's going to turn the balcony into his private smoking corner. i've banned him from smoking in the house, so the only place he can smoke at is the balcony (after closing the sliding door naturally).

therefore he's going to do it up nicely and spend as much time there as possible. last night, i think i heard him mumble, "Bar counter at balcony.... bar counter at balcony..." :bleah:

now i know for a fact that you're being too humble

i've read your t-blog from start to finish and i'm amazed by what you've managed to do with your limited budget.

frankly speaking, if i'm able to achieve similar results (considering the fact that our budget is similar to yours) after the reno process is complete, i'll be very happy.

actually, the previous owner already converted the wash area into a small toilet on the ground floor. so we're going to keep it that way, just do up the tiles.

unfortunately, quite a major overhaul of the entire unit is required. the previous owner didn't really take good care of the unit so now it's up to us to try and work magic within the confines of the budget

Thanks for reading my tblog. You may want to start one too as you journey thru' this renovation. You will be amazed the useful comments and help rendered by forumers. I am sure you and your htb can work within the budget constraints. Hacking, Tiling, piping and electrical are key features . Don't be too carried away by furnitures and accessories.

Happy reno :)

Hi guys,

Welcome to the club, I just passed my 2nd year living in an EM. I'm sure you will appreciate the space! Living not too far away from you, at toh guan road... :)

Welcome to the club, I just passed my 2nd year living in an EM. I'm sure you will appreciate the space! Living not too far away from you, at toh guan road... :)

Thanks for the warm welcome aegis!!!

but like i said above, i made a mistake... we didn't buy an EM.

We got a 5 room maisonette

so are we still welcome in the maisonette owners' club? hahhhahahha