Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Thanks for the warm welcome aegis!!!

but like i said above, i made a mistake... we didn't buy an EM.

We got a 5 room maisonette

so are we still welcome in the maisonette owners' club? hahhhahahha

btw, what's your floor area?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

btw, what's your floor area?

Sorry for the late reply!

I can't really remember... but based on my memory, I think it's 149 sq m.

Sorry for the late reply!

I can't really remember... but based on my memory, I think it's 149 sq m.

149sq m for a 5rm maisonette? This is about the size of an EM. Mine is already 150sq m.

Hi potatoes, you're right. My mistake!

I'm now on my way to the HDB for our first appt and am looking at the valuation report. The size of the unit is 139 sq m. Thanks!

Hi there! Hubs and I have got our EM in toh yi. gonna start renovation likely in nov.

currently we are trying to decide on the id we are comfortable to start this reno project with. biggest challenge is to keep within our budget as there is so many things i wish to have in my new place. *excited*

Will upload our layout soon!

oh dear. i have no idea how to upload pics. anyone can share how to do it. have tried copy and paste but there is an error message that says this site does not support my image extension. the image is jpg. thanks in advance.

Hi there! Hubs and I have got our EM in toh yi. gonna start renovation likely in nov.

currently we are trying to decide on the id we are comfortable to start this reno project with. biggest challenge is to keep within our budget as there is so many things i wish to have in my new place. *excited*

Will upload our layout soon!

Welcome and congrats getting a EM, to upload photo, sign up with photobucket, upload your pictures. Once done, select the pictures you want to post in forum then copy the "link" and paste and you are done. Cheers

Hi all,

I got my keys to my EM at Jurong West on the 1 Aug...and started my renovation on 6 Aug. I only have a month to complete my renovation and planning to move in on the 1st week of Sept after the Chinese 7th month. I want to start my t-blog but really too busy with work...but I will try to start one soon. My unit is the type with odd shapes that some of you might say no no :no: but somehow we choosen it....hahaha :dunno: ....kinda fated (long story, will share in my T-blog)

This house condition is kinda Ok , renovated about 4 year plus ago but the previous owner never really take care of it so many area I need to spend money... :help:

Just to summarize the work to be done and my list of Contractor

1) plastering the whole house

2) laminated flooring for staircase and 2nd floor rooms

3) overlay balcony tiles

4) Change staircase railings

5) Main door

6) roller shutter

7) Carpentary work for TV cabinets (with features wall), Cabinets for MBR and 3rd room.

8) Changing all doors to kitchen Cabinets and full height oven cabinet

9) Aircon System 4

10) Plumbing work for toilets -changing toilet bowl, basin etc.

11) Spraying over toilet wall and floor (wall for 1st floor, wall and floor for common and floor for MBR)

12) Curtain and blinds

13) Ceiling Work

14) Electrical work - add/ relocate socket, Lan port, SCV point and lightings.

List of Contractor invloved

1) Main Contractor - My beloved Henry from ID note again :thumbs up:

2) Supreme Laminate floor - Kelvin

3) Faith Coat for tile spraying - Philip

4) Aron and Ah Boon for Air Con

5) Jia Xin Design - Sam for Curtain and Blinds.

So far, these contractors I met are really very nice people that give me very good support and service...but I will give a more details review of each of them after they completed their work...

Looking forward to hear from all of you soon. Cheers :jammin:

Said it before, will say again. 4 weeks from start to finish is quite optimistic.

Thanks for that... but I don't have a choice...will work towards th goal...so far progressing well.

Plastering of wall all done, tiling work done, electrical work done. Ceiling work tomorrow start, Firday Aircon Trucking work.

Cheers

Hi all

I hav a qns here regarding the installation of aircon. I went to gain city and the salesperson mentioned that for older EM, can only install 2 brands which is Hitachi and Mit electric. Is it true? And tat we are not allowed to install 2 compressors.

Then I went to courts, the salesperson didnt mention anything about these issues. I hav read fr older postings abt the electrical loading but still quite confused haha. Can someone giv some advice? Thks :D

Hi all

I hav a qns here regarding the installation of aircon. I went to gain city and the salesperson mentioned that for older EM, can only install 2 brands which is Hitachi and Mit electric. Is it true? And tat we are not allowed to install 2 compressors.

Then I went to courts, the salesperson didnt mention anything about these issues. I hav read fr older postings abt the electrical loading but still quite confused haha. Can someone giv some advice? Thks :D

Hi BitterBeemer, congrats in getting a EM, are you intend to have the whole house fully air con? Or just the rooms? You need to know the btu of each system, with your floor plan the salesman should be able to advise you. There are many brands in the market, I'm sure there will have one suit your need. For 2 compressors will have to depend on your house electric load, you can check with hdb on this. Cheers