Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got my sideboard customized in oak wood, as my dining and sideboard was oak.. =p

Yes! I love 3M, they must have earned so much $$ from us..and amazingly those things stay for years unlike other brands..we used the Velcro ones..so u can actually take the frames down to change photos wo damaging it..

My coffee table is teak, already bought it. Just nice, match the teak TV console I am eyeing! :dribble: Do you find your tiles a bit on the yellowish brown side? I will be getting wood-like tiles also, but not sure what colour tone to get yet.

I got my sideboard customized in oak wood, as my dining and sideboard was oak.. =p

Yes! I love 3M, they must have earned so much $$ from us..and amazingly those things stay for years unlike other brands..we used the Velcro ones..so u can actually take the frames down to change photos wo damaging it..

Hi itsybits

Do you know if for plastered walls of old houses, ok to use 3m? I wanted to use that cos I dunno how to drill holes into the walls, but a few people told me it will fall out as mine is old walls.

cheers

originalbread

Home now looks like this:

8235513204_b6de59d316_z.jpg

8244801158_fc657c2317_z.jpg

the sideboard from Lorgan's finally came after 2.5 months..the papa bear chair and smile coffee table will arrive this week.. :unsure: our bed will also arrive this weekend! :sport-smiley-004:

8203342456_d249e5bdd3_z.jpg

the 3ft mini xmas tree we got for our bay-window..doesn't take up extra space and keeps our dog from getting into trouble..

8243729903_ac72be4232_z.jpg

the bed we chose..

8243730781_9f60b81d23_z.jpg

we changed the fabric..hopefully it goes well with the room.. :sport-smiley-018:

Nice! I like the first shot, looks so cozy. and lovely tv console too, it looks like a lighter shade than the usual ones I see.

My coffee table is teak, already bought it. Just nice, match the teak TV console I am eyeing! :dribble: Do you find your tiles a bit on the yellowish brown side? I will be getting wood-like tiles also, but not sure what colour tone to get yet.

hmm i like it 'blond'..i don't like red (may look old) nor pale tones (look cold) and find yellowish brown more cosy..all along my idea of scandinavian style was 'blond' wood with white walls with colorful deco, pencil legs furniture..

go visit some showrooms, soon bee huat and hafary has quite a good collection..for me, the choice was obvious.. :P

Hi itsybits

Do you know if for plastered walls of old houses, ok to use 3m? I wanted to use that cos I dunno how to drill holes into the walls, but a few people told me it will fall out as mine is old walls.

cheers

originalbread

hmm i would say yes, no problem la! i hang all sorts of things, even 1000 pieces puzzle with wood/glass frames (using 2 2,2kg hooks)..

3M sticks well to flat surfaces..so if your plastering was done well (to level/flatten the wall), it should not be an issue..plastering is supposed to level your wall anyway!

unless your plaster drop down from the wall? :o

Nice! I like the first shot, looks so cozy. and lovely tv console too, it looks like a lighter shade than the usual ones I see.

yea, we customized it using oak wood instead of the usual teak to compliment the scandinavian feel.. :D

hmm i like it 'blond'..i don't like red (may look old) nor pale tones (look cold) and find yellowish brown more cosy..all along my idea of scandinavian style was 'blond' wood with white walls with colorful deco, pencil legs furniture..

go visit some showrooms, soon bee huat and hafary has quite a good collection..for me, the choice was obvious.. :P

hmm i would say yes, no problem la! i hang all sorts of things, even 1000 pieces puzzle with wood/glass frames (using 2 2,2kg hooks)..

3M sticks well to flat surfaces..so if your plastering was done well (to level/flatten the wall), it should not be an issue..plastering is supposed to level your wall anyway!

unless your plaster drop down from the wall? :o

thanks for the info. did you use the hook type or the tape type (think they have those where you tape the back of the frame against the wall)?

not sure how good the plaster work of my contractor is, though it looks pretty flat and level. before I bought this place, i saw a house where the plaster fell out and the surface feels hollow, not sure what the owner did. anyway, I think I would use 3m for places where I want to do photo collage, and still do the screwing/nailing for larger/heavier photos.

thanks for the info. did you use the hook type or the tape type (think they have those where you tape the back of the frame against the wall)?

not sure how good the plaster work of my contractor is, though it looks pretty flat and level. before I bought this place, i saw a house where the plaster fell out and the surface feels hollow, not sure what the owner did. anyway, I think I would use 3m for places where I want to do photo collage, and still do the screwing/nailing for larger/heavier photos.

You can use 3M for plaster walls, just that when u take it out, the plaster will come off together since plaster is weak. I would personally prefer to drill.

You can use 3M for plaster walls, just that when u take it out, the plaster will come off together since plaster is weak. I would personally prefer to drill.

i have plastered walls and i use 3M Command Picture hanging strips. I have taken down some of my pictures before. It doesn't make the wall come off together nor the paint. Everything still intact..... :sport-smiley-004:

The right wall in this pictures shows the amount of pictures i had... and i took down 3 of it before and then hang them up again (due to mediacorp shooting). No problem at all! :yamseng:

2cfbb5ac.jpg

Hi Itsybits,

My boyfriend and I really love your flat and your cute dachshund! The xmas tree really made your house look extra cosy.

We have a dog of our own too and would be renovating our flat next yr. We would really appreciate it if you could give us the contacts of Mr K and the total cost of your renovation.

Thank you so much!

i have plastered walls and i use 3M Command Picture hanging strips. I have taken down some of my pictures before. It doesn't make the wall come off together nor the paint. Everything still intact..... :sport-smiley-004:

The right wall in this pictures shows the amount of pictures i had... and i took down 3 of it before and then hang them up again (due to mediacorp shooting). No problem at all! :yamseng:

2cfbb5ac.jpg

Nice! Wow, ur house featured in magazine.