Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Yah, the process is mostly enjoyable! I can foresee I'll have withdrawal syndrome after reno ends. bleah :P

Oh you still have 2 bathrooms to renovate later so withdrawal syndrome will be temporary ya?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Vanessa, thanks for sharing! Nothing beats feedback from a chef n instructor! Wow, 10 years and still going strong? Do you use your kitchenaid for mixing pie/tart dough? I heard a food processor is better for this purpose as it can cut the cold butter into the flour well... If kitchenaid is good in doing this too, i may just buy one! then get a smaller food processor for making hummus, pesto etc instead.

Hi Bluecheeze...for pie and tart dough...the mixer isn't gonna "cut" it...it will overwork the dough and your pastry will be touch....the best way to do it is by hand...second option..food processor...a good food processor comes in handy too...i swear by a cuisinart :)

Hi Bluecheeze...for pie and tart dough...the mixer isn't gonna "cut" it...it will overwork the dough and your pastry will be touch....the best way to do it is by hand...second option..food processor...a good food processor comes in handy too...i swear by a cuisinart :)

Thanks for sharing :) Yes, I heard Cusineart is good! Unfortunately, the bigger models are not avail in spore (i heard from Tangs salesperson that stocks are coming in only in Nov!), not to mention they are quite pricey. I am thinking of getting one from Amazon and get a convertor to use with it. Which cusineart model are u using? Do you think 7 cups model is good or do I need a bigger capacity? I plan to use it for making tart dough, hummus etc.

Thanks for sharing :) Yes, I heard Cusineart is good! Unfortunately, the bigger models are not avail in spore (i heard from Tangs salesperson that stocks are coming in only in Nov!), not to mention they are quite pricey. I am thinking of getting one from Amazon and get a convertor to use with it. Which cusineart model are u using? Do you think 7 cups model is good or do I need a bigger capacity? I plan to use it for making tart dough, hummus etc.

How many pie doughs you plan to make at one go and what dimension pies? I am using this http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-2011CHB-Processor-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B0014172J6/ref=pd_sbs_k_7

And i have no complains...mine was a gift a long time ago...heh

How many pie doughs you plan to make at one go and what dimension pies? I am using this http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-2011CHB-Processor-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B0014172J6/ref=pd_sbs_k_7

And i have no complains...mine was a gift a long time ago...heh

Er, I haven't thought about it. But I reckon not alot as there are only two of us. I suppose its better to buy a bigger capacity one yah? Since the mixing bowl needs some space for the ingredients to "move" around.

I like this discussion! Can we volunteer to be guinea pigs?

Haha! Actually I haven't make any tarts or pies before! I used to bake quite abit when I have more time on hand... made simple things like cookies and muffins :)

Thanks for sharing! Hmm... do you use it to mix tart/pie dough?

No, I use my hands to do the "cutting", so not sure how KA performs in this aspect. Probably experts like Vanessa can enlighten you, sorry :(

Oh, I guess she already did!

Edited by wangmow

Yah, the process is mostly enjoyable! I can foresee I'll have withdrawal syndrome after reno ends. bleah :P

well, you could do what I did and moved 3 times in 3 years... and reno each time.

And this time, as we got the biggest ID firm from **** to do up our house, we're doing reno again (1.5 years on!!)

Hooray! Very happy for you :dancingqueen:

Thankew! :sport-smiley-004:

well, you could do what I did and moved 3 times in 3 years... and reno each time.

And this time, as we got the biggest ID firm from **** to do up our house, we're doing reno again (1.5 years on!!)

Haha. Don't dare to think about packing stuff and moving house now :ph34r:

YAY, confirmed those two pillars can be hacked! Hurray to my open kitchen! :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

:good:

Edited by jus4fun