Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

After 52 days of renovation...

No much progress this week. :bangwall: Carpenter keep changing and postpone on-site measurement date, ID and I wasted three days on-site

- 1st on-site, ID propose on-site discussion so that we can have some time to consider on some ergonomic design and don't waste carpenter precious time.

- 2nd on-site To discuss with carpenter, but he say ytd nite worked on a commercial project till too late, today need to sleep. Request chance to the next day. Wahlau eh.. Waste my time, ok never mind. I wait for another day since ID told me his workmanship is REALLY good.

- 3rd on-siteFinally the carpenter came to site-measurement and discussion.. BUT now carpenter told us our carpentry work too many and he need min ONE month to finish the job as he got many works on hand and no enough worker. :furious: Really time waste!! No choice, told ID to change carpenter..

Plastering work completed.

Measurement of glass door and railing done, installation of glass door this week.

Painting will be doing this week too.

Some Taobao's purchase...

photo6_zpsc05e6b7e.jpg

16" clock and 12" clock. Quality are good. :thumbs up:

photo7_zps0ab90be3.jpg

Aluminum towel racks. Good quality and packaging too. :thumbs up:

photo8_zpsc85cba85.jpg

Balcony light. Initially thought is made of acrylic material, but its not. It make of sheet metal, quite heavy.

photo9_zps21a52120.jpg

Dining lamp. Saw this in SG selling $899 net. :jawdrop: We are getting at approx. 60% lower from Taobao.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Woah good buys from Taobao!

We may also face some delay in carpentry.. The carpenters have already done site measurements etc.. But due to shortage of skilled workers ( read that some forumers also encounter) and also they have many projects on hand, our carpentry works may not be ready on time though the carpentry said he will try his best.

The rest are progressing quite fast actually

Edited by spikedoll

ID inform me that another group of carpenter will come for site measurements next week. We have also decide to purchase TV console and coffee table instead of customise as the design that we wanted will have to top-up quite a lot on top of our quote. :dunno:

Looking forward to coming week and counting down to ID handover back the house.. :sport-smiley-004:

We also not doing customized TV console .. No feature wall coz confirm will get tired of the design after sometime.. Think buy outside cheaper and can change anytime after that.. But the best part is until now we haven't go and look around for TV console hahahahaa ... Super nua

HappyAng, check with you.. How long it takes for the shipment to arrive Singapore after your items have been received at china warehouse ? And which forwarder are you using? Kum sia!

HappyAng, check with you.. How long it takes for the shipment to arrive Singapore after your items have been received at china warehouse ? And which forwarder are you using? Kum sia!

I ordered via 65daigou. Sea shipment took about 2 weeks to arrive, economy air shipment about 5-7 days. But sometimes the seller takes a longer time to reach china warehouse. We also ordered some chairs via Amcon, still don't have the ETA date yet.

U plan to buy stuff from Taobao? :sport-smiley-004:

Is the difference in savings really significant as compared to overseas buying and local shops? Of late I've been reading about this "Taobao" thing and people are buying LED lights...

So far so good?

For lights, I have seen alot in local lighting shops which are available on Taobao as well, which are at a fraction of the price. Taobao also has more varieties. Hehehe

Is the difference in savings really significant as compared to overseas buying and local shops? Of late I've been reading about this "Taobao" thing and people are buying LED lights...

So far so good?

For LED downlight, my saving is about 25% as I choose the seller with many good review. :dancingqueen: Their price is RMB$10 higher than other seller, but the finishing and packaging really good. I have not tested the light, so cannot comment on the light quality yet. Will post review when the lights are tested.

If u don't mind other MIC LED light, the price can be much lower than Philips.. :sport-smiley-004:

My dining light Philips Ledino, saving approx 60% :dribble:

Balcony & master toilet light, at least a 50% saving if we bought it locally. If u have enough time, go via sea shipment. Some items we go via economy air shipment, the freight charges + daigou's agent fee is more than the item price. :jawdrop:

For lights, I have seen alot in local lighting shops which are available on Taobao as well, which are at a fraction of the price. Taobao also has more varieties. Hehehe

Not only that.. Realise that many stools or chairs u seen in SG, especially IMM level 3, u able to find in Taobao. But u need time to find a good seller. The risk u gonna take is the quality of the goods since u can only see photos and read review nia..

I will post my review of the chairs that we have purchased via Amcon when it arrives..

The bar stool that we purchased from Taobao is RMB$150 (before freight, Gst, admin charges), we saw a similar one in SG, selling SGD$148.. :jawdrop:

I really must thanx those forummers here who have share their knowledge of ordering from Taobao and other website. :good:

For LED downlight, my saving is about 25% as I choose the seller with many good review. :dancingqueen: Their price is RMB$10 higher than other seller, but the finishing and packaging really good. I have not tested the light, so cannot comment on the light quality yet. Will post review when the lights are tested.

If u don't mind other MIC LED light, the price can be much lower than Philips.. :sport-smiley-004:

My dining light Philips Ledino, saving approx 60% :dribble:

Balcony & master toilet light, at least a 50% saving if we bought it locally. If u have enough time, go via sea shipment. Some items we go via economy air shipment, the freight charges + daigou's agent fee is more than the item price. :jawdrop:

Not only that.. Realise that many stools or chairs u seen in SG, especially IMM level 3, u able to find in Taobao. But u need time to find a good seller. The risk u gonna take is the quality of the goods since u can only see photos and read review nia..

I will post my review of the chairs that we have purchased via Amcon when it arrives..

The bar stool that we purchased from Taobao is RMB$150 (before freight, Gst, admin charges), we saw a similar one in SG, selling SGD$148.. :jawdrop:

I really must thanx those forummers here who have share their knowledge of ordering from Taobao and other website. :good:

Hi, HappyAng,

Good to see your reno progress and stuff you bought from taobao.

How is your plastering? you do the whole flat including ceiling too? may share your cost of that and plus painting?

thanks

Hi, HappyAng,

Good to see your reno progress and stuff you bought from taobao.

How is your plastering? you do the whole flat including ceiling too? may share your cost of that and plus painting?

thanks

Thanx jetlee724. We do false ceiling to cover the rock stone ceiling which previously the owner did. We do minor plastering to wall, not the whole house. Painting is $2.2K

HappyAng , Taobao is really addictive hor! I can spend a long time looking at the items lol

If u got time to search Taobao, we can find many stuff at a friction of SG price.

Sigh.. Today call my ID to check on the development and ID told me that the carpenter will only come to take measurement on Thur. :jawdrop: Not much things done since last week. :bangwall:

I am looking forward to see more complete jobs and hope no more delays to the handover date. Keep my finger cross!!

Loved the look of the silver clock!

After 52 days of renovation...

No much progress this week. :bangwall: Carpenter keep changing and postpone on-site measurement date, ID and I wasted three days on-site

- 1st on-site, ID propose on-site discussion so that we can have some time to consider on some ergonomic design and don't waste carpenter precious time.

- 2nd on-site To discuss with carpenter, but he say ytd nite worked on a commercial project till too late, today need to sleep. Request chance to the next day. Wahlau eh.. Waste my time, ok never mind. I wait for another day since ID told me his workmanship is REALLY good.

- 3rd on-siteFinally the carpenter came to site-measurement and discussion.. BUT now carpenter told us our carpentry work too many and he need min ONE month to finish the job as he got many works on hand and no enough worker. :furious: Really time waste!! No choice, told ID to change carpenter..

Plastering work completed.

Measurement of glass door and railing done, installation of glass door this week.

Painting will be doing this week too.

Some Taobao's purchase...

photo6_zpsc05e6b7e.jpg

16" clock and 12" clock. Quality are good. :thumbs up:

photo7_zps0ab90be3.jpg

Aluminum towel racks. Good quality and packaging too. :thumbs up:

photo8_zpsc85cba85.jpg

Balcony light. Initially thought is made of acrylic material, but its not. It make of sheet metal, quite heavy.

photo9_zps21a52120.jpg

Dining lamp. Saw this in SG selling $899 net. :jawdrop: We are getting at approx. 60% lower from Taobao.