Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Ah I know why! Because you have a bigger free standing space under the stairs for storage, so your drawers area is smaller. Soft closing is good! I like how I can just push the drawers back and they close on their own :P

Kitchen and bar area are coming along nicely! Almost there :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi happyang... can u please pm me where u got ur glass door for e toilet n how much... tanx

Today I brought the lightings for the electrician to install this week... Hmm...hope this week I can see my lights are up then I can post review of the lights which I bought from Taobao.. :sport-smiley-004:

photo25_zps4f93fae7.jpg

Hi HappyAng,

How the quality of the Philips LED light?

How much did you pay for the 10W(Model 45018) one? In Malaysia, it is selling for RM148.

If the cost saving is more and quality is good, can post out the taobao seller link? Thanks.

Wow, time really flies. Do post pics of your place when you have settled in. Congrats on completing your reno. :thumbs up:

Mind to take a bigger photo of common toilet glass door lock/latch?

Hi bb_1314, as per your request.. :yamseng:

photo66_zps3bb0c0d1.jpg

Ah I know why! Because you have a bigger free standing space under the stairs for storage, so your drawers area is smaller. Soft closing is good! I like how I can just push the drawers back and they close on their own :P

Kitchen and bar area are coming along nicely! Almost there :D

Thanx summersann. Really hope ID can handover to us on 10th Apr. Will expect another weeks for the sub-con to touch up the necessary..

Below is the look of the drawer storage. Yeah.. soft closing is good! :sport-smiley-004:

photo65_zps518fb9ac.jpg

Hi happyang... can u please pm me where u got ur glass door for e toilet n how much... tanx

Hi Ynas, ID quote me $500 for each glass door. Its from his sub-con, so I do not have the contact.. Paiseh..

Hi HappyAng,

How the quality of the Philips LED light?

How much did you pay for the 10W(Model 45018) one? In Malaysia, it is selling for RM148.

If the cost saving is more and quality is good, can post out the taobao seller link? Thanks.

Hi Bro EdmundOng,

U mean Philips LED selling RM148? Hmm.. SG selling $50 wor... (base on my last checked in early Mar 2013). I bought it at RMB178 exclude freight charges.

Below is the link. By the way, I a bit kiasi, I choose the seller that sell RMB10 higher than others.. U can decide to choose other seller which u are comfortable.. Happy shopping... :yamseng:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.2.ciDdwn&id=16686974497&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

photo5_zpsd020c0d7.jpg

photo63_zpscff35ef4.jpg

LED lights are up and tested good! :good:

Wow, time really flies. Do post pics of your place when you have settled in. Congrats on completing your reno. :thumbs up:

Hi adidaem, long time never hear from u. Err... not yet complete my renovation lah.. Target by this Wed, ID can handover the unit back to us. :dancingqueen:

After 75 days of renovation...

photo60_zpsec56e10b.jpg

Master bedroom wardrobe and dressing table. Special request carpenter to open the top of the wardrobe and another panel will cover the two holes. This will be an access panel incase there is sweating or leaking in the aircon trunking. Sliding door will be up by tomorrow.. :sport-smiley-004:

Almost all my aircon trunking his hidden by carpentry or partition, so can hardly see any trunking in all my bedrooms. :dancingqueen:

photo61_zps3a3534bf.jpg

TV console cum study table in our master bedroom. :dancingqueen:

photo59_zps2b574fcc.jpg

Shoe racks. I have request carpenter to leave some space behind the casement door for ventilation.

photo64_zps9c3350d4.jpg

Balcony lights. Hmm.. cannot locate the switch for balcony and living room, so lights have not tested. Will check with ID tomorrow.

photo62_zpsa8518bcc.jpg

Only 3x10W LED downlights in kitchen and our mini yard area and its bright enough.. In fact maybe 2x10W LED downlights will be also bright if spread slightly apart..

Edited by HappyAng

Hi Bro EdmundOng,

U mean Philips LED selling RM148? Hmm.. SG selling $50 wor... (base on my last checked in early Mar 2013). I bought it at RMB178 exclude freight charges.

Below is the link. By the way, I a bit kiasi, I choose the seller that sell RMB10 higher than others.. U can decide to choose other seller which u are comfortable.. Happy shopping... :yamseng:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.2.ciDdwn&id=16686974497&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

photo5_zpsd020c0d7.jpg

photo63_zpscff35ef4.jpg

LED lights are up and tested good! :good:

Hi HappyAng,

It seem Malaysia is selling expensive Philips products than Singapore.Even though this model(45018) the driver is inbuilt together, the brightness is excellent for just 10W when i compare side by side with another brand of 12W. For this, you have confirm it in your kitchen!

Thanks for the link.

Hi HappyAng, thanks for sharing and the link for your Philips downlights. What type of bulbs do they use - GU10, E14 or E27? Do their installation requires you to add in external transformers or drivers also?

Hi HappyAng, thanks for sharing and the link for your Philips downlights. What type of bulbs do they use - GU10, E14 or E27? Do their installation requires you to add in external transformers or drivers also?

Err.. Hmm.. Philips is LED downlight wor.. with built-in driver.. Hope it helps.. :yamseng:

Hi adidaem, long time never hear from u. Err... not yet complete my renovation lah.. Target by this Wed, ID can handover the unit back to us. :dancingqueen:

Oops Paiseh, saw the carpentry and thought almost done. Once the carpentry is in it all moves pretty fast.

Yeah, been super busy at work, and suddenly one quarter has passed. Sigh. :bleah:

Thanx kooky. It will look more complete when the granite top is up. :yamseng:

Thanx summersann. Hope my wifey with love the tiffany blue glass backing. :sport-smiley-004: I love ur kitchen too, big and spacious! :dribble:

Bro Berlinbear, I hope so that the sub-con can have more time to the details too.. Well... I am counting down to the handover next week. 10th Apr.. :dancingqueen: Jiayou everyone... Xin Ku le.. :good:

After 71 days of renovation...

photo45_zps840305b6.jpg

Aluminum grills are up. We keep the brick wall white, painter is doing an undercoat..

photo42_zpsc1565f12.jpg

Small toilet in level one. Glass sliding door will slot between the wall on the left and the basin. I decide to use sliding door instead of swing door because the space too small. If use swing door, very limited space for user to close the swing door.

photo43_zps8db05d8a.jpg

Entrance view of our mini toilet. Change the Elmark standard shower head to Grohe... Hide the toilet paper holder in one small corner to minimise water splashing during bathing since the toilet is so small lor. :bath:

photo37_zps7734b7c4.jpg

Drawer under staircase... Idea origin from summersann... :dancingqueen: We modify a little to suit our usage. Thanx summersann. :yamseng:

Hope your Joven water heater can tahan... Mine's cranky liao...

Hi HappyAng, looks like everything is slowly falling into place. We have almost the same kitchen layout. These EM kitchens are really small, got to squeeze all the cabinetry, electricals and washing into one small area. Even my current 4-Room unit has a bigger kitchen.

Hope your Joven water heater can tahan... Mine's cranky liao...

Hi typhoonz, u mean ur current Joven heater having problems ah? Anything that we need to take note?

Hi HappyAng, looks like everything is slowly falling into place. We have almost the same kitchen layout. These EM kitchens are really small, got to squeeze all the cabinetry, electricals and washing into one small area. Even my current 4-Room unit has a bigger kitchen.

Hi benauhc, ha..ha.. I think if we compare to those new HDB flats, our kitchen consider quite a good size liao.. :notti:

Hullo happyang.

Dropping in to check if everything is ok here! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi ment0s, thanx for dropping by.. below are the updates..

After 77 days of renovation...

Have been there from morning till evening to see the progress..

photo70_zps56fb8eac.jpg

Wardrobes for both bedrooms.

There are two groups of carpenter (but from the same company) to do the carpentry work. Kitchen cabinet and breakfast cum bar counter is by one carpenter with a worker, the rest is a senior carpenter with three workers.. So far, the workmanship of the senior carpenter is not bad.. but for the other carpenter.. so so nia... workmanship a bit rough..

photo72_zps4c3bdbfc.jpg

photo76_zps6a015896.jpg

Master bedroom wardrobe and TV console cum study table. This photo was taken yesterday.. notice the corrugated paper just place it on the floor without properly cover the laminated flooring??

photo71_zps475b1d15.jpg

This is the result for not properly cover the laminated flooring... both master bedroom and bedroom 2 have scratches.. 8|

Kronotex salesperson says they need to take out many pieces and might need to remove the wardrobe if they need to access. He recommend using patch method, as shown on the right side of the photo... I asked him, if this is ur house, can u accept? :furious: I will leave it to my ID to solve this problem...

photo73_zpsbadb2e5b.jpg

Custom-make altar.

photo74_zpsc49676b3.jpg

Feature wall with ready-make TV console. Initially we wanted to do round edge for TV console, but ID told us have to top-up for doing round edge. So we buy ready-make TV console and incorporate into the feature wall.. :sport-smiley-004:

photo67_zps0cd0e935.jpg

Granite is here today. But do a shorter width for the master vanity. So they have to redo another piece..

photo68_zps298ee41e.jpg

Parquet guys came this afternoon to sand, stained the steps... Will vanished the steps tomorrow together with the wooden handgrip. Notice the laminated tempered glass railing? Still not here yet.. 8| 8| 8|

photo69_zpsac52f000.jpg

Tiffany blue glass backing finally here. Again... the glass backing on the left was measured wrongly and need to rework again... :bow:

Yahoo! tomorrow is the handover day... :dancingqueen: But I am worried that it may not happen.. :jawdrop: