Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice TV console!How much is your TV featured wall and TV console? Why did you choose to go for ready made TV console instead of tailor-made TV console with TV feature wall?

Initially, we wanted to custom-make TV console to match the altar. But ID say if we want to do round edge, must top up addition $240 wor.. With the top-up, to custom-make a similar TV console will cost us $1200!!

So we give up the idea to custom-make and buy a ready made TV console and a matching coffee table at $1300 after a long nego with the salesperson. ID help us to sit the TV console inside the feature wall & make it looked like custom-make. :dancingqueen:

Very nice n neat wall feature and bar counter.....give a relax feeling :)

Thanx potatoes.

We keep the feature wall simple as it is 1st.. When boring le.. Can paint another colour or put wallpaper for a fresh look. :sport-smiley-004:

The wait is over!

The Montella finally deliver KUKA sofa to us today... :rofl:

No doubt the quality of KUKA sofa is good. But my 2 cents worth of advice if any bro or sis wanna RISK to order from The Montella.. :deal:

1) Give urself at least 10-12 weeks lead time for the delivery.

2) Never pay full deposit. :no: Sales person initially request us to pay full upon confirmation of order, but we nego for 50% deposit.

3) To have a strong heart. Expect "Murphy' law to happen". :jawdrop:

4) Be patient and keep chasing for ur sofa. :bow::bow::bow:

photo0605131_zpse624c168.jpg

KUKA sofa :good:

photo0605132_zpsccc33ace.jpg

Our matching TV console and coffee table.. :dribble:

photo0605133_zpsd0539ae7.jpg

Another view of our living hall.

photo0605134_zps00d2fc0c.jpg

Lady owner enjoying the sofa. We have been busy cleaning up the place and bring bags and bags of stuff to our place since last week. This week we will official move-in le.. :dancingqueen:

After that, we will be busying unpack the items and waiting for our young master to arrive in Jun. :sport-smiley-004:

photo0605135_zps12bb398a.jpg

Our young master's wardrobe.

Thanx neighbour Makanlogy.. :) By the way, B.Batok got any nice food can recommend? Can share share? :P Thanx in advance..

Finally manage to pack 90% of the stuff. Remaining 10% will pack tomorrow and Fri 10th May (四月初一) will official move into our new place le.. Yahoo!! :sport-smiley-004:

Kooky, u also move-in on 10th May, correct? Congrats! :)

OMG, we are moving in on the same day! Congrats to both of us!

I am glad that reno is coming to an end though there will still be minor touch-up here and there but we are really thrilled that we can finally move into our 'own' place! :sport-smiley-018:

Congrats on your move-in and the soon-to arrival of your precious little one. So nice to see your wife enjoying herself in her new home. She must be very proud of you for doing a great job overseeing the whole Reno. Happy moving in HappyAng. :)

OMG, we are moving in on the same day! Congrats to both of us!

I am glad that reno is coming to an end though there will still be minor touch-up here and there but we are really thrilled that we can finally move into our 'own' place! :sport-smiley-018:

Yeah!! Finally can move into our new home le.. :sport-smiley-004: Next headache will be the unpacking.. Btw, I am using Soon Seng Transport for helping us relocate. Price quite reasonable. :)

Congrats on your move-in and the soon-to arrival of your precious little one. So nice to see your wife enjoying herself in her new home. She must be very proud of you for doing a great job overseeing the whole Reno. Happy moving in HappyAng. :)

Thanx neighbour 3Dyms.. Yes! Wifey is very happy with the renovation work. Especially the Tiffany blue kitchen & master toilet. When is ur turn to start ur renovation? Wish u a smooth renovation journey. Cheers! :sport-smiley-018:

Thanx neighbour Makanlogy.. :) By the way, B.Batok got any nice food can recommend? Can share share? :P Thanx in advance..

Hi here is what we know so far:

Blk 155 West Ave 6 hawker centre - fantastic hokkien mee!

Blk 109 West Ave 6 - roast meat not bad (stall has hanging red lanterns outside)

Blk 132 West Ave 6 - known for the fish porridge, duck meat & Kway chap (open night till morning)

Blk 374 St 31 - Alif Restaurant (opens till wee hours on weekend mornings) - heard nasi lemak not bad but Malay-style one

Blk 347 St 34 - 24hour teochew muay (Ding Xiang teochew muay with a huge variety of dishes and nice white fish cake and bak chor)

Also Blk 347 St 34 - same coffee shop as teochew muay with good value western food stall (decent portion). The carrot cake stall there is quite decent which allows yin-yang orders.

That's all Mr E can think about it so far as he used to live in BB during his childhood-youth days.

Enjoy discovering & feasting :D

Hi Happy Ang,

Are you able to advise us on your air con trunking?

We also engage Hong Tar and faces many issue.

How do you run yours trunking?

They say beam cannot hack through, below beam also cannot as trunking too thick door cannot close.

Say need water pump for my other 2 rooms, for water to flow even back to back for these two?

I saw your bedroom 2 and 3 back to back why no trunking?

Headache as we sent them off last wk for another appointment

2nd day after moving into the new house. Still busy unpacking the stuff. Have been climbing up and walking down the stairs many times. Wifey and I have been telling the other party.. "Dear ah, later when u go down (level one), can bring this down and bring XX up when u later come up, ok?" Lol.. realize that if we dun plan well.. We may end up walking up & down many times..

Today is Mother's Day, HappyAng gonna wish all mummy (including my mum) & mummy to be (my wifey) a Happy Mother's Day, 母亲节快乐!

Wow! Thanx neighbour Makanology for ur recommendation. Will go try it.. :)

Hi myrick88, I am not sure how is ur trunking been lay.

If I understand correctly, u intend to locate the fan coil above the door? Hmm.. Then it might be a bit tricky as the height may not be sufficient for fan coil & trunking. My fan coil for bedroom TWO & bedroom THREE are back to back, but no need water pump for water to flow leh. Was it that the location of ur fan coil is not ideal in water flow? Anyway, below is how the construction of the piping. I have trunking (below the beam and was plaster up) at bedroom THREE, u can see from the photo. Hope it helps. Cheers! Njoy ur weekend.

photo101_zps851cf8d8.jpg

Bedroom TWO during aircon piping installation...

photoComplete_E3_zps792b4172.jpg

Bedroom TWO after renovation...

photo99_zpsf2e43948.jpg

Pipe from bedroom 3 going to bedroom 2. Thus bedroom 2 do not see any trunking.

photo100_zpsec1b214a.jpg

Bedroom THREE during aircon piping installation...

photoComplete_E2_zpsc796b3be.jpg

Bedroom THREE after renovation

Hi here is what we know so far:

Blk 155 West Ave 6 hawker centre - fantastic hokkien mee!

Blk 109 West Ave 6 - roast meat not bad (stall has hanging red lanterns outside)

Blk 132 West Ave 6 - known for the fish porridge, duck meat & Kway chap (open night till morning)

Blk 374 St 31 - Alif Restaurant (opens till wee hours on weekend mornings) - heard nasi lemak not bad but Malay-style one

Blk 347 St 34 - 24hour teochew muay (Ding Xiang teochew muay with a huge variety of dishes and nice white fish cake and bak chor)

Also Blk 347 St 34 - same coffee shop as teochew muay with good value western food stall (decent portion). The carrot cake stall there is quite decent which allows yin-yang orders.

That's all Mr E can think about it so far as he used to live in BB during his childhood-youth days.

Enjoy discovering & feasting :D

wah nice list, i also eyeing the 347 western food!