Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kon

Buy Aircon From....?

Hi guys,

i went to hongtar too to enquire about price too , but they quoted me 3.8k for the toshiba.... cannot discount best price.... eventually went to buy from GC as they quoted me among the cheapest on par with allbest....but the read the forum that all best and best tech recently have some issues with installation.

Recommendated my boss to buy too from GC who already installed this week and he gives the thumb up for GC too ...the workmanship everything .... mine is installing this weekend ....cheers!

best tech recently got issues ???? where where where ??

is best tech price par with GC ?? i find GC quite ex wor ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
in the end, i got my set from AB.. cos the uncle seems to be more honest, set cheaper, 5 years warranty at no xtra charge and the convenience.. they go 2 trips... also means i can pay by 2 times instalments... :yamseng:

zacey, care to share how the installation went and is the air con working fine??

Is ya panasonic non-inverter system3?

I just signed with Natural Cool for Panasonic non-inverter system3 CU-3C20GKH and CS-C9GKZW*3 for $1729 including stainless steel bracket, plus '"trade-in of existing a/c" (which I think is a marketing gimmick).

Initially I call their hot-line, and they say only 1 trip, extra trip need to pay. But i was recommended to a guy call Gary by my ID, and he ok with as many trips as my ID needs, now at 3 trips.

Not sure if this is a good buy, but seems much cheaper than the quotes i got from IMM AB and GC, $1849 and $1949 respectively.

Hopefully they do a good job..

tootee, can you give me the contact of Gary? I went down, and served by a young Gary...

and he quoted me $1799, and need to pay for bracket $130, and also $50 for upgrade to 1/2 inch insulation for each fan.

your package is $100 cheaper !

tootee, can you give me the contact of Gary? I went down, and served by a young Gary...

and he quoted me $1799, and need to pay for bracket $130, and also $50 for upgrade to 1/2 inch insulation for each fan.

your package is $100 cheaper !

Just pm u ekardo. But I advise u to wait for our feedback on the installation, if you can are not in a hurry.

hi tootee,

a bit too late..

went to IMM, and bought sharp from All best instead..

$1699 + 150 blacket.

realised Harvey Normal also same price!

feel angry. due to my MBR FCU sometime got leaking sometime no n also the other BR that got aircon trunking there also got leaking.

so i called nature cool for a checkup, they replied me that we did not do servicing for every 3mths.

wah lau, my aircon only used less than 6mths so fast need servicing meh? is still v new ba.

somemore wana charge me then i told them juz send ur man down to check then decide.

anyone encounted this problem?

So the vote is not to buy or to buy ??

So we should not buy from GainCity/HongTar ?

should not buy from nature cool.

my friend bought from gain city, her comments not bad leh. hmm....

Got a query here and need some help!

Just met up with an aircon contractor and got a quotation for a Mitsubishi Starmex System 3 non-inverter (MUX-20TV & MS-A10VD x 3) for $1827. 5 years warranty for compressor, 5 years warranty for workmanship and 1 year warranty for spare parts. Add another $100 for extension of warranty for spare parts to 3 years.

Is this reasonable?

hey, im from coris too...we chatted on msn.

wic aircon contractor quoted u? sounds not bad the quote.

i also using starmex too...but now my trunking n MBR FCU got some prob...leaking. :dunno:

hi tootee,

a bit too late..

went to IMM, and bought sharp from All best instead..

$1699 + 150 blacket.

realised Harvey Normal also same price!

I also bought sharp but from Hong Tar at $1880 + $150 upgrade from 3/8" to 1/2" insulation. :ph34r: How come Hong Tar so ex!!?? :dunno: Hong Tar includes a 3yrs workmanship warranty.

Can share what is All Best giving you? 23 gauge copper piping or the thinner 22 gauge copper pipe? Those black color high density insulation foam (Class 1 or 0) or the grey color one? 1/2" insulation thickness? 16mm water drainage pipe? Site survey + 2 times installation? Vacuum copper piping prior to fixing aircon compressor?

all out, get a contractor who is very familiar with your floorplan and know how to run the piping nicely.

get recommendation from neighbours is the best!

all out, get a contractor who is very familiar with your floorplan and know how to run the piping nicely.

get recommendation from neighbours is the best!

for your info, all the recommendation from friends, relatives etc all end up in high quote...they think I dunno how to search for cheaper lobang or what....and their pricing is surprisingly high...I think becos they think "recommendation" mean good...so can charge more...or they think we are Cai Tou ??

anyway, All Best is 5 years workmanship...

I did not ask for upgrade of the cable or insulation..so 3/8" and using Totaline..

to upgrade, is extra $50 per cooler...

2 visit...1 to lay piping, and another time to install cooler.

I have tasked them to do a shifting of the quite new aircon (system 1) from my new house to my parents house...their work a big rough....but end result is still neat and clean...

used the Aircon for 1 week...switching on around 12 hours a night...so prob so far..

the next test will be the laying of piping in the middle of this month.

also....Harvey normal or gaincity also having the offer of 1699 for sharp...see Sat papers...

BTW, wat is the difference between Starmex and non-Starmex?

I have been quoted $1950 for MUX20TV (non-Starmex) and $2980 for 3A28VA (Starmex with Inverter)...now I dun know to get which one....then got another one Starmex non-inverter..price slightly higher then the non-Starmex model....aiyoh...whatz the difference huh? :jawdrop:

I have been quoted $1950 for MUX20TV (non-Starmex) and $2980 for 3A28VA (Starmex with Inverter)...now I dun know to get which one....then got another one Starmex non-inverter..price slightly higher then the non-Starmex model....aiyoh...whatz the difference huh? :notti:

non starmex is old model? or it is industrial model ??

get starmex better bah..

I have been quoted $1950 for MUX20TV (non-Starmex) and $2980 for 3A28VA (Starmex with Inverter)...now I dun know to get which one....then got another one Starmex non-inverter..price slightly higher then the non-Starmex model....aiyoh...whatz the difference huh? :jawdrop:

Sound quite ex... why not call Kaisoon for a quote.

I got from them last year for $1770 with 5 years workmanship warranty during their promo.