Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

何宅@woodlands Dr 70

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Norman, could you please help to check where is your Hettich track made in? I think it is stated somewhere in the booklet or packaging.

I found some pretty good deal but I saw they are made in China, so not sure whether they are ori.

Thank you.

Hi Norman, could you please help to check where is your Hettich track made in? I think it is stated somewhere in the booklet or packaging.

I found some pretty good deal but I saw they are made in China, so not sure whether they are ori.

Thank you.

Dunno where they are made but as long as they are bought from the local sales office then it should be good. I think they are made in China and think Blum are made in China too. Nothing wrong with MIC as long as they are from a reputable company or else 90% of the world's laptops and smartphones will not be made in China.

FYI, the soft closing full extension tracks from the local Hettich office costs less than $31 max. If your offer is much cheaper than this price, then maybe you want to think twice again before getting it.

Taps, mixers all arrived from Taobao. Chose China local brand Joomo after consulting several friends who have been working in China for some time. Joomo is a reputable local China brand and they are also making for some top European brands.

Kitchen Mixer

20130119_082605.jpg

Shower Mixer

20130119_083259.jpg

Basin Tap

20130119_082951.jpg

Total damage less than $300 including freight. Cheap cheap but quality good good!

2pcs shower mixers

2pcs basin mixer taps

1pc kitchen mixer

2pcs basin water trap

Signed up windows grilles package with Andy from Home Aluminum yesterday. His price is really unbeatable. Installation will be on 28th Jan. Praying hard for no delay. You can find his contacts easily when you search for Home Aluminum.

Screeding and tiling will start today. Electrician will resume rewiring today. Lightbox and false ceiling guys will come on Monday. So far so good. 3 weeks to reno is definitely possible!!!

Taps, mixers all arrived from Taobao. Chose China local brand Joomo after consulting several friends who have been working in China for some time. Joomo is a reputable local China brand and they are also making for some top European brands.

Kitchen Mixer

20130119_082605.jpg

Shower Mixer

20130119_083259.jpg

Basin Tap

20130119_082951.jpg

Total damage less than $300 including freight. Cheap cheap but quality good good!

2pcs shower mixers

2pcs basin mixer taps

1pc kitchen mixer

2pcs basin water trap

Wow! :jawdrop: Indeed very cheap! SG cannot such a price lor..

Wow! :jawdrop: Indeed very cheap! SG cannot such a price lor..

Precisely! Showed to my contractor just know they also say quality like very good leh... haha

For those who are interested, just go to Taobao website and search for "Jomoo 水龙头“ and you will see lots of results.

Wall is down! My open kitchen is slowly taking shape!

20130119_092714.jpg

No more all at end of corridor to the rooms!

20130119_092729.jpg

Nicholas confirmed tiling will be completed by 24 Jan and plumbing by 25 Jan.

Aircon installation on 25 Jan.

Windows installation on 28 Jan.

Painting starts 29-30 Jan.

Kitchen bottom cabinets on 29 Jan.

Caesarstone measurement on 30 Jan followed by installation before 6 Feb.

Floor laminates 30 Jan to 1 Feb.

Last week of Jan will be a super crazy week...

Bro,

I have to move in by 4 Feb so basically no time to do more. No hacking of existing floor tiles. Only tiles overlay for kitchen plus Inovar laminates for the rest of the house.

My ideas are all practical ideas as I need more space for the living room and masterbedroom since there are 7 living things including my Cookie staying in this house.

No cove lighting as it is a DUST COLLECTOR CUM POTENTIAL LIZARD hideout place.

No aircon in the living room as no existing aircon can handle my new open concept living room + dining room + Kitchen unless I add on another compressor plus 2pcs 24-28k BTU fancoils. So chose fan instead as costs is much lower. I have total 6 fans in the house. All KDK.

Haha "No cove lighting as it is a DUST COLLECTOR CUM POTENTIAL LIZARD hideout place" You are very practical indeed.

Good thing have 27 days of leave + childcare leave in a calendar yr or else really dunno how to managed the entire reno project.

Delivery of Blanco sink, WC + basins and KDK fans tomorrow. Measurement for toilet lourve door by PD Door tomorrow as well. Will be super busy but super happy as renovation progress is still on time.

Kudos to Nicholas from Renoguyz for getting sufficient manpower to do up my place. Tgt handover by Nicholas on 28 Jan (exact 2 weeks from 14 Jan).

Updates... Carpenter just informed me that the below items have been fabricated:

1. 10ft TV console.

2. 7ft Shoe rack + storage cabinet.

3. 11.5ft wardrobe.

4. 2pcs 2ft vanity top.

5. Kitchen in the progress.

Take note that he only took measurements on 14 Jan and so many stuffs have been completed within 1 week. He really understand my desperate NEED to move in by 4 Feb and he has allocated his most experienced carpenter to do up my carpentry only and he also maintained the same price for me. His electrician has also been one of the most wonderful person I have ever met.

Praises to God for leading me to him or else I will be in a fix with no place to stay for the new yr. Praises to my carpenter and his team as well. Everything is moving so fast and so smoothly up to date.

To the IDs who refused to take up my job, I will show you that it is possible to have a complete reno for a 5 room flat within 3 weeks when you are able to source for good contractors!

All thanks to Nicholas from Renoguyz and my carpenter whom I will reveal the identity after all carpentry are done up!!!

Cheers...

Big THUMBS UP again to Nicholas! There are total 5 workers at my house tiling the toilets, kitchen, walls etc! Progress is extremely fast now. All the workers are very hardworking and very detailed in their jobs. Nothing to complain about.

Handover on 28 Jan will be the latest but we foresee everything will be completed by this Saturday.

20130122_101356.jpg

Levelling of floor after hacking away the wall.

20130122_115726.jpg

Toilet wall tiles 60-70% done.

20130122_102213.jpg

Old toilet door sealed up with hollow blocks.

IMG-20130122-WA0001.jpg

Lightbox partitions are here.

20130122_101427.jpg