Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
benauhc

Something Old, Something New

Like your kitchen cabinet doors and handles! Black & white - classic colors!

Thanks. Black, white and dark brown seems to be the overiding theme around the house. We will have to infuse some pops of color next.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How does your motorised laundry system in your service yard work?

Hi. It is a manual system. Got to pull the string that works the gears. Slower than a pulley system but safer.

Whoa, almost 3 weeks since my last post. In this time, we have moved in and been living in our new place for 2 weeks now.

The chore of packing and unpacking has consumed much of our energy and time. Up till now there are still a few boxes still unpacked, stuff still without a proper place and items that still need assembly (read : ikea). On the bright side, we are loving our new place - the bigger space, the look of our place, everything new and spotless (while it last), the neighborhood, etc.

In terms of reno, we are quite please with the final results. There was and are still are rectification to be carried out, but at least our ID is still helping us to tie all loose ends.

I believe my blog at least deserves some proper 'After' pics so I will be dusting my trusted DSLR and take some shots this weekend. Meanwhile here are some phone pics of my place after everyone else has gone to bed ...

8737731221_777f3ba789_z.jpg

8738848988_f4cb0e2c17_z.jpg

Here are some pics that I took over the weekend ...

1) Our Dining Area.

We have two more chairs to go before we complete the set. Currently we have two from Commune, two white plastic Eames DSW replica from Lush, and two old ones from IKEA. The bookshelves is already looking messy.

8757362891_b579919e52_z.jpg

2) The antique Iona fan now sits on the white IKEA Ingolf stool. The butcher block table we ordered from Comfort Furniture will be coming in next month.

8758491404_bb838b3cee_z.jpg

3) The blue stools we bought from Comfort Furniture.

8758497360_8b7fc19ec2_z.jpg

4) The Tom Dix lights casts an orange hue over the Kitchen island counter.

8757376799_680f9aee1a_z.jpg

5) The living area. Since moving in we have added an armchair and carpet from IKEA, and a beanbag. The rest of the mess are courtesy of our two little ones.

8758511082_066fe7ae15_z.jpg

Decal-theraphy

I scoured TB for decals but could only find the ones I really like on etsy. It took us a few hours to put the jungle themed decal up in our daughters' room, but the process was fun and interesting, just like painting an art piece and seeing it slowly coming to life.

8758515668_3563352122_z.jpg

8758520578_bef09a6bfc_z.jpg

And here is the other one on the kitchen-service balcony door.

8767268775_649a9ee2ca_z.jpg

Edited by benauhc

Of TB hits and misses

Some of our recent buys from TB ...

1) Fartech flip clock. It flips very quietly such that I have not seen it flip before ...

8758539032_3788f67f0c_z.jpg

2) A Newgate Clock. It didn't survive the journey. Arrived with a broken glass panel and part of the middle stem chipped off. TB seller said that we should have informed them of oversea shipment so they could put in more padding. Decided to buy a discounted one from the same seller instead of sending it back for repairs.

8758529082_fafb80c31e_z.jpg

3) Wooden letters and wood-crafted toys. Us embracing some of the Zakka spirit.

8757412083_18eaac7553_z.jpg

Ahhhh!! I love your place! I love so many things about it I dont know where to start. I love your lights on top of your dining table. You have so many of the things I am eyeing. The stools from Comfort. Your soon to come Butcher's Block. Your fan. Your dining table. The Laundry stickers on the glass! Its beautiful!

Wow!! Love your house Reno. Great selections and congrats on completion of your Reno journey and moving in.

From the vintage lamps & Tom Dix lights, to your gorgeous tiles and on to your white kitchen. Lovely and so cosy! Hahaha.... That laundry room decal is ssoo cute too. I even love your new floor layout on level 1. So nice to be able to have a foyer area. Too bad I don't have a recess area, so not able to do that.

Btw, how are your little gals adjusting to their new gorgeous bedroom. They must have been thrilled with the new bed. :D