Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
benauhc

Something Old, Something New

Ohhh! Love the hexagonal mosaic tiles (?) super neat and nice! was it expensive?

Yes, I am glad we chose these for the toilet walls. I think the tiles are +/- $3 per sqft.

the black strips on the foyer ceiling + the living room/balcony divider window frame = gorgeous! Can't wait to see the windows go up! :D

Sorry, no windows will be going up here. This is it for now until we figure a way to make it look less bare. We will probably wait till the balcony window blinds go up to see if we need to do anything further.

Nice brick wall.... I like it white :)

Yes, white bricks are nice and goes well with white walls. I like the red too but it would not fit in with our overall theme.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How's the joint to the other type of flooring looks like? I still can't believe mine got a raise kerb. Maybe I should call & ask if they can do it like wood flooring where they use metal piece in between wood flooring & tiles.

Hi. I saw the kerb on your blog. We got that too at our living room-kitchen border. Mine is a darker brown and is in a different shade from the Durban Oak colored flooring. A metal piece might look better. Maybe the company should also start providing kerbs/skirting of the same print/color as the vinyl flooring.

Ya lor. I had actually asking around & comparing between different brands of laminates. Because i have kids at home so prefer to have whole house flooring to be level. What I understand is metal piece is not possible for laminates, only for engineering wood floor (I think is referring to parquet?) because need to leave space for expansion & contraction for laminate. Ended up vinyl also using the similar type of capping... Haiz...

Ya lor. I had actually asking around & comparing between different brands of laminates. Because i have kids at home so prefer to have whole house flooring to be level. What I understand is metal piece is not possible for laminates, only for engineering wood floor (I think is referring to parquet?) because need to leave space for expansion & contraction for laminate. Ended up vinyl also using the similar type of capping... Haiz...

Yes, we have the same concern, ie. to level all flooring so that our two little ones do not trip over. We do have a drop at the foyer area, but that too is using the same colored capping.

How will ur ID retrieve this result? I like to hang my TV on the wall, but hate to see wires ard..... :rolleyes:

hence, I find this nice and neat!

:thumbs up:

Here are a few 3Ds to share ...

3) Living hall

8581072327_edd7516db9_o.jpg

How will ur ID retrieve this result? I like to hang my TV on the wall, but hate to see wires ard..... :rolleyes:

hence, I find this nice and neat!

:thumbs up:

Hi kelhy. That is just the 3D artist's impression. In reality my TV will sit on the console with wires coming from the back.

For hiding the wires for a hung TV I suggest you refer to these two blogs :

1) kim76 is using a feature wall

My link

2) ongcs is using a box below the TV

My link

The Calvary Carpentry is in!

First up is the shoe cabinet at the foyer. Most of our carpentry uses the same two laminates, so you will see them in various design permutations around the house. For this cabinet, we wanted broad strips of whites, framed by the rich brown wood. Instead of doing wood over wood, the carpenter cut vertical grooves and painted them brown to achieve the effect. The settee houses a pull-out drawer where we can keep our socks.

8640967810_b2d247f243_c.jpg

The next piece that was being installed was the book shelves. The inspiration for the shelves came from paloma's blog. Now we have ample space to put up our books and deco pieces.

8640968674_6886a157de_c.jpg

Ok, more to come ...

This is what happens when the contractor does not test out their own products .... our guests will be in for a fright. :jawdrop:

8643803634_30689b83f1_z.jpg

pic courtesy of our ID who got her hubby to model the opacity of the glass door. she will get the contractor to change the glass.

Edited by benauhc

We got our gate delivered on Monday. We wanted something retro and chanced upon this design in one of the homes featured on asiaone. So our ID got the window contractor to fabricate this. According to contractor, the ovals are a not so common this days, so you cannot just buy the pre-fab shapes and weld them together like in the past. More work for him but we are liking the end result. Very retro, in fact some of the units in our neighborhood are still sporting some of this old design window grilles.

8654930443_d1c32fe5e2_z.jpg

8654929867_c5c48841c9_z.jpg

In other news, the carpenter team got the MBR wardrobe assembled today and the electrician also fixed up the LEDs on the inside. We are doing sliding doors for all the built-in wardrobes. Decided not to go with the standard sliding system because we did not want to see the aluminum frame. So instead we just got the carpenter to put wood panels on sliding tracks. More carpentry to come ...

8656033060_e4f5b48578_z.jpg

• Like 1

Nice wardrobe :) wooden panels is heavier than aluminium. ........ will it be more difficult to slide?