Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
benauhc

Something Old, Something New

hello,

nice home! :)

by the way, my contractor just done up my brick wall too, but i not sure if he has done the correct way. May I know after the craft bricks are laid, does the tiler paint white cement over it? Are the grout lines (the white cement) showing up cracks? Is this normal?

Does the tiler need to paint any protective layer over the bricks? not sure what though.

Thanks for the attention. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Very nice gate! :)

Thanks!

Awesome gate! Mind sharing the cost for it? Are you also doing similar window grills?

Our ID quoted us $950 for that customized iron wrought gate. The window grilles are not getting the same treatment. They are just plain white squares. Didn't dare to ask for a quote for similar patterned grilles as our total reno quote was already above our original budget.

Edited by benauhc

Nice wardrobe :) wooden panels is heavier than aluminium. ........ will it be more difficult to slide?

Yes, you're right. The wooden panels are heavier, and being floor-to-ceiling, you need to use some strength to slide it open, especially the MBR panels ones with mirrors.

Edited by benauhc

hello,

nice home! :)

by the way, my contractor just done up my brick wall too, but i not sure if he has done the correct way. May I know after the craft bricks are laid, does the tiler paint white cement over it? Are the grout lines (the white cement) showing up cracks? Is this normal?

Does the tiler need to paint any protective layer over the bricks? not sure what though.

Thanks for the attention. :)

Thanks. Yes, that was how the tiler did mine. No further protective layer after filling up the grout. If cracks are appearing too soon, maybe some other works are stressing the craft brick walls. You can ask your contractor to cover the crack lines before your reno is up.

High-Lights!

Got our centerpiece up today. Love how it looked lighted up.

8621487983_ea02dea72b_z.jpg

8622586392_36ba19fe9e_z.jpg

here are the other lights that went up this week ...

Tom Dix Beat Lights for the kitchen island

8621484651_b6d6ccee69_z.jpg

Vintage hanging lamps for the balcony

8621487263_5812d8c322_z.jpg

Foyer lights... with TB, there are always hits and misses. Unfortunately one of the sphere lights broke as the electrician attempted to pull out the bulb holder. Seems that the clips were too tight. So I decided to change all three lights and get a similar design from Trading 168. Anyway here are 2 remaining lights while waiting for replacements.

8622587006_41cf37be16_z.jpg

wow, the lamps looks nice! Im more convince to get them now.

how much did u pay for them?

wow, the lamps looks nice! Im more convince to get them now.

how much did u pay for them?

Hi belysa57,

The Tom Dix and Bubble Chandelier are from Taobao. If I recall correctly each set was selling at less than S$70 (excl shipping to S'pore). The other lamps (Vintage $53, Sphere $90) are bought from the lighting shops along Jln Besar.

Hi belysa57,

The Tom Dix and Bubble Chandelier are from Taobao. If I recall correctly each set was selling at less than S$70 (excl shipping to S'pore). The other lamps (Vintage $53, Sphere $90) are bought from the lighting shops along Jln Besar.

Nice pricing and it looks great! :good:

Our Ikea-inspired kitchen cabinets are finally up! You may not them see clearly in this pic, but there are actually vertical grooves on the cabinet front panels, and the panels are all spray painted (though that makes it more susceptible to knocks and scratches). The black handles and knobs are authentic Ikea, and the hinges and drawer systems are from Blum (part intentional and part unintentional on the IDs part). The kitchen head (read : wife) has also requested for some storage add-ons to improve overall effectiveness of the cabinets.

8663557412_37cb70e89d_c.jpg

Storage ideas ...

Corner Storage System from Excel

8662462673_b7397eb944_z.jpg

Stainless Steel Rack from Song Cho

8663558814_c651fef240_z.jpg

Corner shelves using 135 deg hinges

8663559356_8d8099a95f_z.jpg

There is also a pull-out basket (from Hafele) below the hob. Will take a pic of that next time.

The quartz top will come in next week.

Meanwhile the wardrobe assembler still toils on the upper floor. The wardrobes are almost completed. Only minor works left like making door handles, relaying some laminates, and fixing the doors for the internal cabinets.

Guestroom Wardrobe. With vertical brown grooves just like the shoe cabinet.

8662460759_b4a02ce9b2_z.jpg

Children's Wardrobe. Hmmm... the white laminates look too inviting... the girls might start drawing on them.

8662461183_15f3c5eaa2_z.jpg

And we got our first bed delivery. The beds are from Kids Haven. They are slightly elevated, so the girls get to climb up a short flight of stairs to get on their beds. This will make bedtime so much more interesting for them (we really hope so as we are trying to get them to share a room for the first time). Originally we were toying with ideas of building a platform or getting the Hemnes Day Beds from Ikea, but when we saw a pic of these beds on Kids Haven's website, we just knew we had to take a look at the beds. A visit to the home showroom reinforced our decision to get them.

8663559822_72cb235cc4_z.jpg

8662463207_7a09cf3217_z.jpg

We are on the final lap of our reno journey. This is the final week of renovations, so by hook or by crook, everything needs to be in place before we move in next week.

On Monday, we took leave to receive some of our furniture and to oversee some installations. Here are some of photos that I took around the house.

View from the foyer. Blinds are mostly up, less two which holding brackets had to be shortened.

8675398778_a5eee8debf_z.jpg

Our brown leather 3-seater from Commune.

8674296639_86fc43edcc_z.jpg

Our White Aluminium Louvre Bi-fold bathroom door

8675401702_14d5da3e3b_z.jpg

The Ezziliving Lift 4 Laundry System installed

8674298331_4179184916_z.jpg

We bought the LED strips from TB and got the electrician to install them across the kitchen cabinets.

8675402850_3f9470ec1e_z.jpg