Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For mine, because my parents were down monitoring closely, the extend of the damage done was sort of controlled.

Most mistakes were rectified. Until now I am still asking him to make rectifications. I have given up on asking him to make smooth some surfaces already. Better do it on my own than to beg him.

I have a hole mended with cement in though. He claims it's HDB but it clearly chipped by his workers as all defects were rectified by hdb after I reported them. That hole is hard to mend now with all the cabinets up... Sigh......

Edited by jayque

For mine, because my parents were down monitoring closely, the extend of the damage done was sort of controlled.

Most mistakes were rectified. Until now I am still asking him to make rectifications. I have given up on asking him to make smooth some surfaces already. Better do it on my own than to beg him.

I have a hole mended with cement in though. He claims it's HDB but it clearly chipped by his workers as all defects were rectified by hdb after I reported them. That hole is hard to mend now with all the cabinets up... Sigh......

Hi jayque, sorry to hear about this. How do you plan to make smooth the surfaces? Please share your ideas with me as I may need to do it too. Also, pardon my ignorance, but what's the correct material to mend the hole with? There are some holes in my kitchen walls that require mending.

Hi jayque, sorry to hear about this. How do you plan to make smooth the surfaces? Please share your ideas with me as I may need to do it too. Also, pardon my ignorance, but what's the correct material to mend the hole with? There are some holes in my kitchen walls that require mending.

I was using a file to smoother it a little and then sandpaper to sand it. For the holes, I think they were using grey 洋灰 (plaster).

I was using a file to smoother it a little and then sandpaper to sand it. For the holes, I think they were using grey 洋灰 (plaster).

Thanks for the info. It will sure come in handy.

Hi inthehouse, seems like you are another victim of Alan? Anyway, hope that all fellow forummers' review of Alan can put together a more complete and true experience of using his services.

I suggest that u get a tub of putty to fix up the hole. It is available at all paint or hardware shops and should cost u less than 5 bucks. This is white in color and as such, will be easier to paint over if ur paint is of a light shade. Remember to also get the tool for this purpose.. it looks like a scraper but i dunno its actual name.. its made of metal, with a wooden handle... at the same time, get a piece of sandpaper to sand over the patchwork after it has dried and finally, just paint it over.

Hope the above helps.

***oops... just read that yours is a cement screed wall... u may want to try what jayque has suggested and ignore the above...

Edited by simplehuman

Hi inthehouse, seems like you are another victim of Alan? Anyway, hope that all fellow forummers' review of Alan can put together a more complete and true experience of using his services.

I suggest that u get a tub of putty to fix up the hole. It is available at all paint or hardware shops and should cost u less than 5 bucks. This is white in color and as such, will be easier to paint over if ur paint is of a light shade. Remember to also get the tool for this purpose.. it looks like a scraper but i dunno its actual name.. its made of metal, with a wooden handle... at the same time, get a piece of sandpaper to sand over the patchwork after it has dried and finally, just paint it over.

Hope the above helps.

***oops... just read that yours is a cement screed wall... u may want to try what jayque has suggested and ignore the above...

thank you so much. may very well do that should we decide to paint over the now-semi-ruined cement screed wall.

Makan, i luuurve your tingkat!!! Where from???

Haha thanks :) this is not a real antique but new stock. Bought from one of my favourite FB vintage sellers, My Home Vintage.

Haha thanks :) this is not a real antique but new stock. Bought from one of my favourite FB vintage sellers, My Home Vintage.

That's cool and exactly what I want, a real tingkat I can use and not just a decor piece. Does My Home Vintage have a website or FB page? If not, where's the shop?

Princess Leia is so cute! Did you adopt her?

Storage Solutions

9312646371_ed4d75b4ec.jpg

Hey Makan, I found their FB page. Didn't see any tingkats in their recent posts but I've dropped them a message. Thanks for sharing.

Btw, I saw that you're using gas cylinder? Is this by choice or because of the citygas issue you mentioned? Thanks!

Edited by Trish

Hi Trish, sorry only saw your message now. Maybe ask Gwen (My Home Vintage) to keep a lookout for you... Also she has a nice collection of dollies which I missed out recently.

For the LPG gas, Bukit Batok is not piped gas-ready. So no choice :(

• Like 1

hi makanology, can you advise which tap connection does the Kuche washing machine use (A or B)? i'm thinking of buying a dual tap for the service yard ... thanks!! :D

12787471934_95e60af114.jpg