Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Teofamily

幸福花园

I am glad that I found this forum.

Knowing nuts about reno, appreciated that I can get tons of idea and useful information here.

Not to mention advises and feedbacks too.

Here's the layout of my 幸福花园:

46445_143177859170321_793347645_n.jpg

1st appointment 8th March, hopefully can get keys by end of April. As I need to move in end of May.

Left only 1mth to do.

Wanted a white and clean cut concept.

Will convert the study room to a bedroom, so my 3 boys can have a room each.

But the one using study room wanted a glass sliding door, hope it's not costly compared in getting a normal door?

Kitchen - one ID purposed - no need to hack the wall tiles, cement up. Since build top and bottom cabinet, with glass in the center, no need to hack or get new tiles with are costly.

What do you think?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Talked to a few IDs, wanted:

White, clean cut theme.

Revamp kitchen, 2 toilets.

Still thinking if I should do open concept kitchen, not much cooking, mostly weekends.

Wanted a white kitchen with white top too, telling myself to be hardworking in hsework :sport-smiley-004:

WIW in Master Room, outside toilet, with sliding doors. Can do a feature wall for TV right behind it.

Feature wall for TV in living area.

Room partition with sliding glass door to convert study room to bed room.

I think the most expensive is the kitchen, maybe I should get a contractor instead of ID, since it's a simple reno.

Talked to a few IDs, wanted:

White, clean cut theme.

Revamp kitchen, 2 toilets.

Still thinking if I should do open concept kitchen, not much cooking, mostly weekends.

Wanted a white kitchen with white top too, telling myself to be hardworking in hsework :sport-smiley-004:

WIW in Master Room, outside toilet, with sliding doors. Can do a feature wall for TV right behind it.

Feature wall for TV in living area.

Room partition with sliding glass door to convert study room to bed room.

I think the most expensive is the kitchen, maybe I should get a contractor instead of ID, since it's a simple reno.

welcome to RT. I learnt a lot from this forum too! But i went for contractor instead of ID. think some contractors call themselves ID, so just be careful. If you know what you want, a contractor would suffice. esp if you want a simple reno. RT forummers make pretty good advisors too. =)

When i asked my contractor if i can keep the tiles in the kitchen, he said got to check the tiles before advising coz the flat is 20 years old. but we opted to hack. in fact another 2 or 3 contractors we met told us they have to check the tiles before confirming.

z3phy

z3phy, you are right.

After reading and getting info from RT, perhaps I can do without ID. :sport-smiley-003:

Will get quotation from ID and contractors, let see the difference after I get them.

Wanted to build partition (as wall), wardrobe behind the wall with sliding tempered glass door (at the left hand side of the room) to convert study room to bed room.

Contractor advised that it's not easy to maintain sliding door in between partition and wardrobe, and would be more costly. Suggested swing glass door.

But son din like the idea of swing glass door, look like office.

The most he can give in to a bi fold tempered glass door without low track with powder coating frame. (Do you think I can bluff him into PVC :P )He loves the feel of tempered glass - clean cut and neat. But that will look like toilet door.... :bath: Imagine guest go into his room thinking it's the toilet... LOL

Any suggestions? Or is there any bi fold tempered glass door that does not look like toilet door? :help:

Wooden glass sliding door (with stained glass in the centre)

woodenglassdoor.jpg

Sliding frosted glass door

slidingfrosteddoor.jpg

Combination of stained glass above wooden door

glassabovedoor.jpg

Stained glass door

stainedglassdoor.jpg

When to view the done up project of the contractor and hubby is pleased with the workmanship.

After some words with contractor, he is willing to round up the total quotation and gave us good discount.

We will be finalizing which quote to appoint by next week, and the selection of tiles will start.

Glad to have this part over soon, kinda stressful in the selection of who, what, and price...

Will be doing:

Hacking of all toilets and kitchen floor tiles, and relay new tiles

Hacking of toilets wall tiles and relay new tiles

NO hacking of kitchen wall tiles but to plaster up, since most of the wall tiles will be hidden behind the cabinet

Open concept for kitchen, no more doors or windows, hack away all even to service balcony.

Wall up for study room, with door and wardrobe (convert into a bedroom)

Walk in wardrobe in MBR

Vanity in MBR toilet

Feature wall, TV console in living room

Went to view the hse after my 1st appointment, than realized there's no window in the kitchen service balcony.... kinda strange. How they deal with the rain?

So added in new item: getting off the existing window grills and put up new windows.

Confirmed on the appointment of contractor.

We will be expecting some drawings soon.

Wanted to have a table with mirror at the foyer, looking at pictures over the net, sharing some with you.

561431_281175312017236_1096001283_n.jpg

600236_268475383287229_782307817_n.jpg

Do share more if you can find more of them.

Went window shopping recently for the shabby & white theme.

Saw this at Nex:

543731_170037606486929_955557962_n.jpg

Thinking of getting a vintage mirror to go along with, any one seen any good ones around?

Shopping days started

522056_173555179468505_79893593_n.jpg

Price for K size was $3299 + $800 (divan with storage) = $4099.

$299 was without storage (shown in pic)

522123_173555256135164_223559440_n.jpg

But managed to bargain till $3500 with divan storage, cheaper than the divan without storage.

Hope this is a good deal :thumbs up: