Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

LOL

actually the worst part comes when we're comparing similar models. We look at Model A (the cheapest one in the range) and then look at Model B and go, "Hey, Model B is so much nicer than Model A and costs only $50 more...."

And once you start having this mindset, in pops Model C where we go, "Since we're already willing to pay $50 for Model B, why not pay an additional $80 on top of that for the droolworthy Model C? After all, this cost is split up amongst the item's lifespan so we're paying just a little bit more for something we actually like instead of just getting the cheapest one"

Next thing you know, all the "just a little bit more"s add up very quickly into a scary monster. *sweat*

THIS. Is so true. Hahahaha!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Zihui

Your renovation is going on at turbo speed and is looking good so far!!! When you plan to move in?

Hey sarah *waves enthusiastically*

Credit to the workers - we arrived at the unit around 8 pm yesterday and the workers were just packing up. JT (the head contractor) was still there and he told us that plastering will continue today with waterproofing being carried out most probably on Thursday. He's gonna bring the plumber down to Sim Siang Choon to look over our purchases because there's some issue with the ground floor toilet WC that we bought. Something to do with 'old model' P trap and the 'new model' P trap's different shapes or something like that.

No firm plan for moving in as yet.

JT is trying to complete the reno by the end of Oct, but we've told him that there's no need to rush things. So conservatively, I would guess that the move will probably take place sometime in November with the housewarming party to be held in mid-Dec. :dunno:

Hey sarah *waves enthusiastically*

Credit to the workers - we arrived at the unit around 8 pm yesterday and the workers were just packing up. JT (the head contractor) was still there and he told us that plastering will continue today with waterproofing being carried out most probably on Thursday. He's gonna bring the plumber down to Sim Siang Choon to look over our purchases because there's some issue with the ground floor toilet WC that we bought. Something to do with 'old model' P trap and the 'new model' P trap's different shapes or something like that.

No firm plan for moving in as yet.

JT is trying to complete the reno by the end of Oct, but we've told him that there's no need to rush things. So conservatively, I would guess that the move will probably take place sometime in November with the housewarming party to be held in mid-Dec. :dunno:

so you will have only one month or less to complete the furnishing in time for housewarming? I collected my keys in jan this year and im targeting housewarming in dec! Almost one year later! It will be really embarrassing if i hold my housewarming on the one-year anniversary in Jan

so you will have only one month or less to complete the furnishing in time for housewarming? I collected my keys in jan this year and im targeting housewarming in dec! Almost one year later! It will be really embarrassing if i hold my housewarming on the one-year anniversary in Jan

yup the timeline is about there

to be honest, i can absolutely understand your rationale behind targeting a housewarming in dec. your little DIY projects are so time consuming but they add so much character to your place. I've referred to your t-blog numerous times for inspiration and I'm not being polite. I honestly think that by the time dec rolls about, your bachelorette pad will be more or less to your absolute liking and you'll finally open the doors to invite your guests in. :thumbs up:

yup the timeline is about there

to be honest, i can absolutely understand your rationale behind targeting a housewarming in dec. your little DIY projects are so time consuming but they add so much character to your place. I've referred to your t-blog numerous times for inspiration and I'm not being polite. I honestly think that by the time dec rolls about, your bachelorette pad will be more or less to your absolute liking and you'll finally open the doors to invite your guests in. :thumbs up:

Actually my DIY stuff didn't take up much time. most of them were really easy and i did them to relieve stress. Im trying to juggle too many things and hence, the renovation's got to be slow. And if i make a career swtich later this year, i can say bye bye to my housewarming in Dec. hahaha... :)

Actually my DIY stuff didn't take up much time. most of them were really easy and i did them to relieve stress. Im trying to juggle too many things and hence, the renovation's got to be slow. And if i make a career swtich later this year, i can say bye bye to my housewarming in Dec. hahaha... :)

hahahahha

you must be quite talented at the DIY even though you say that you're not because if it were me, the DIY project will take FOREVER to complete.

JT's Daily Update (25th Sept '13):

This time, he only sent us 2 photos with the caption, "There goes the staircase railing haha"

l9t7.jpg

View from the 2nd floor without any railings:

rkoi.jpg

Is it just me or does it look pretty dangerous now that the staircase railings are out?

Reminder to self - No more climbing the stairs while wearing high heels when doing site visits....

Luckily I havn't bought life insurance yet or else the HTB might be tempted to push me off 8|

Hi Zihui,

Wow your contractor very fast hand fast leg. Feel happy for you.

Hi soonliew,

havn't chatted with you in a while, my future neighbour! :notti:

Thanks for the kind words. Because of our overwhelming schedule, we havn't been to the unit in a couple of days. We're just relying on the contractor's daily updates and whatsapp messages to be kept in the loop.

Btw on a totally unrelated note, you HAVE to try the mee soto at the shop closer to the playground (the first restaurant in the 7-11 row). I think it's outstanding! :jammin:

ur contractor is doing things fast... post more pics!

Hi Pokz1981,

Thanks for the kind words and for reading my blog!

I'm going to keep posting pics so that in the future even when the reno is done, I can look back at the process (hopefully fondly) and laugh about the stress.

I think waterproofing is going to take place today....if memory serves me right.

I don't know if it's age or if I'm just overwhelmed but I'm starting to have difficulties remembering what is supposed to happen when.... :help:

Edited by zihui

Everythg also fast! I haven go tb shopping yet... Haahaa! Show us ur loots! Wat did u buy there?

Actually we didn't buy anything special. For the first batch, we only bought the fundamental stuff that will be required for the reno -

3 basins & taps for the 3 toilets

2 rainshower sets for the 2 toilets upstairs

Kitchen sink and tap

Track lights & tracks for the kitchen

40 'white light' LED downlights

15 'warm light' LED downlights

Dining Table ceiling lights

Floor lamp for the living room

Floor lamp for the recreation room

Floor lamp for the MBR

Very boring right? haha

According to peeka, all the items have arrived at Peeka's China Receiving Center so I assume they're now checking the items and repackaging them before providing us with the shipping quotation... ...

The 2nd batch of orders from TB will be more fun and whimsical because that'll be where we can start hunting for the rugs, the decorative items, the clocks etc

Looking forward to it!