Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

Sealy for me.. used for 3years still as cosy...

That's great, thanks Pokz1981.

As of now, we're still torn but we've decided to take our time.

After all, I don't think we'll be changing the bed anytime soon, unlike certain other pieces of furniture so we want to make sure it's one that we can both enjoy for a long time to come

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Omg Zihui.. Now i dunno whether to go ahead with my Bali shopping trip nxt mth or to go Bangkok! Helppp lol

hahhaahha redder, actually there's loads of wonderful stuff in Bali too.

Apart from the fact that you're going to have an absolutely amazing time in Bali (relaxation to the max!), if you're going for the Balinese / Javanese look in your house with certain strategically placed pieces, I can't think of a better place for interior shopping.

My HTB absolutely adores Bali. He's very proud of the fact that he's managed to buy 3 art pieces from Bali. He's given 2 pieces away to friends as housewarming presents, but he's kept the largest piece of art for our own house. We intend to hang it in our living room behind our sofa in the new place.

If you enjoy buying this kind of stuff, do check out the awesome art galleries at Ubud and in Sanur. Seminyak too!

One place that my HTB swears by is Muji Art Family gallery. He makes it a point to go there everytime he's in Bali.

http://www.baliartpaintingsale.com/overview.html

Actually, another RT forummer whom I greatly admire knows Bali like the back of her hand. She might be a better person to give you advice regarding Bali. She even brought back a gorgeous hammock from Bali and says that it's become quite the feature piece in her house :thumbs up:

The problem is, we have not decided which part of Bali to go to.. Not sure where's the best place to shop for household stuff. *headache*

The problem is, we have not decided which part of Bali to go to.. Not sure where's the best place to shop for household stuff. *headache*

hahaha don't be stressed, don't have a headache

planning your reno is stressful but planning your holiday should be very fun!!

have you ever been to Bali before? Hotel or Villa?

If it were me, I would plan my holiday according to what we like to do and what we intend to enjoy.

The household stuff is secondary.

I just went to Bali again this January with my HTB and his family to celebrate my b'day and had an awesome time, enjoying the water sports and just chilling out in general.

Also came across this place with nice modern, Balinese furniture

http://www.opendesignbypenelope.com/contact-us

It's at Kuta, so it's incredibly accessible

Zihui,

For mattress, don't rush into getting it. We tried several brands over 2 weekends (Simmons, Sealy, Maxcoil, Tempur, King Koil) and it came down to a choice between Serta and Omazz. Finally, we selected Omazz - for the whole family. That's a total of 5 mattresses. No regrets! The latex is so soft & comfy. Definitely not hot to lie on as I sleep in aircon room (24 degrees). Even my 3 gals love love their new mattresses. You can consider this brand.

Btw, I'm drooling over all your BKK shopping loots. How I wish can go there and shop to my hearts content too. Unfortunately, with 3 kiddos, traveling is out at the moment. I'm looking forward to more shopping updates. ;)

Zihui,

For mattress, don't rush into getting it. We tried several brands over 2 weekends (Simmons, Sealy, Maxcoil, Tempur, King Koil) and it came down to a choice between Serta and Omazz. Finally, we selected Omazz - for the whole family. That's a total of 5 mattresses. No regrets! The latex is so soft & comfy. Definitely not hot to lie on as I sleep in aircon room (24 degrees). Even my 3 gals love love their new mattresses. You can consider this brand.

Btw, I'm drooling over all your BKK shopping loots. How I wish can go there and shop to my hearts content too. Unfortunately, with 3 kiddos, traveling is out at the moment. I'm looking forward to more shopping updates. ;)

Thanks for the tip, 3Dyms...

we just read in the Straits Times that Serta is having a 48% discount over these 2 days to celebrate our Nation's 48th birthday so we intend to pop by again to test out the beds again and check out the prices (so much for "No more promos")

I've never heard of Omazz before, which just goes to show how foolish we newbies are at this furniture hunting business hahahhahha

Will certainly check them out too before committing to a particular brand

Don't worry 3dyms - i'm sure you'll be heading over to BKK soon for a family getaway! I can imagine how fun it'll be shopping with daughters :notti:

It's been such a hectic weekend that we head into the work week feeling as if we havn't had any time off at all. Spent the entire Saturday at Parisilk, 2 particular furniture shops before ending up at IMM once again (seems like we're spending way too much time at this place) while the entire Sunday was spent for the final day gown selection at the bridal boutique. My HTB commented that he's looking to finally getting all of these out of the way, complete the moving in & unpacking and he's going to just spend an entire weekend doing nothing except eating, reading and watching TV.

Shortlisted several items that we're very tempted to get. We expect to be able to reach a decision on the mattress & headboard by this week after the HTB comes back from his business trip to Chennai so decided to take a look at some other items instead, taking a break from mattress testing -

1) Hanging Chair (for the balcony)

Chances of getting this - Very high. HTB almost placed a deposit but decided to shop around a little bit more to see if he can a better deal elsewhere. If we can't find a better deal, we're coming back here to get this.

yt2c.jpg

2) Red swivel Chair

Chances of getting this - Slim. We can't shake the feeling that there are better pieces out there and this isn't even a priority to begin with.

evpj.jpg

3) Sofa bed (for the Entertainment Room)

Chances of getting this - Average. We definitely will be getting a sofa bed for the entertainment room, though not necessarily this particular piece in this particular colour

ql88.jpg

Nice sofa bed! Is it fabric or leather?

Hi potatoes! *waves*

it's fabric

But like i said, i doubt we'll be getting it in this particular color and design.

We just want a sofa-bed in the Entertainment Room so that we can sing KTV / watch movies on it and turn it into our little chill-out place.

After all, after paying for everything else, odds are we won't be able to go out anymore :blink:

hey zihui

nice hanging chair!

u can also check out d'galleria for the hanging chair.

they are at ubi techpark lobby b #01-22

they do mostly outdoor furniture a decent price I think :)

cheers

Hi oldskool,

Thanks for the tip! I will certainly head down later on this week to check the outdoor furniture out! This hanging chair was from Boulevard over at Turf City and they have a weekly 'Weekend Promo' where the hanging chair goes for $399.

There's this really old school shop near my office which does solely wicker furniture over at Kallang Bahru. He quoted me $350 for a black wicker hanging chair so he's certainly a possibility plus it feels nice giving my business to an old uncle who's keeping the sunset industry going on.

Thanks again oldskool!

Hi oldskool,

Thanks for the tip! I will certainly head down later on this week to check the outdoor furniture out! This hanging chair was from Boulevard over at Turf City and they have a weekly 'Weekend Promo' where the hanging chair goes for $399.

There's this really old school shop near my office which does solely wicker furniture over at Kallang Bahru. He quoted me $350 for a black wicker hanging chair so he's certainly a possibility plus it feels nice giving my business to an old uncle who's keeping the sunset industry going on.

Thanks again oldskool!

no worries.

haha if it was me, i w definitely get from the old uncle :)

the price you've seen is pretty good, not sure if its worth your trip down to ubi in this case, but there are alot of other shops in that area like comfort furniture u can check out as well.

no worries.

haha if it was me, i w definitely get from the old uncle :)

the price you've seen is pretty good, not sure if its worth your trip down to ubi in this case, but there are alot of other shops in that area like comfort furniture u can check out as well.

Yeah.... I'm really tempted to get it from the old uncle. Maybe we should....

Will discuss with the HTB again. After all, there's really no reason for us to not support the sunset industry - plus, it's a one of a kind piece.

After getting all the good advice from the friendly people in here, our agonizing mattress hunt has finally come to an end! We've had numerous discussions about the mattress that we should get for our new place and the final shortlist as of last weekend looked like this:

HTB: Serta

Me: Maxcoil and Omazz

(On a sidenote, the hubs and I are definitely not The Princess and The Pea type of people. We laid down on so many mattresses and apart from the firmness, we can't really tell them apart. Some people can feel the difference in temperature, the spring density etc so the only conclusion that we can draw from this is that we are both 'dead meat' (si bah))

Last night, we reached a final decisions and plumped for the... .... ...

h4fm.jpg

hahahahaahahhaha

the goofy sheep reigns supreme!!!!! :sport-smiley-018: