Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@sarah, u r really gd in sniffing out gd bargains!

No lah, I was out treasure hunting for a lamp and coffee table, shun bian kay poh when I saw the hammock :-)

Found the lamp yesterday! its a brand new pc of IKEA Stockholm LED floor lamp selling at half the retail price at the store now

9509546662_265fb9bae9.jpg

IMG-20130814-WA0000 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

and a brand new pc of Leimotiv table lamp I bought 1+ years ago for $50

9509546690_482e71778d.jpg

20130814_180318 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

YAY!

Thanks sarah!

I'll check with the hubs to see if he wants to put one up in the relaxation cum reading room! *beam*

@Project H, you're right! Sarah is our professional treasure hunter! :thumbs up:

ha ha Zihui arent you afraid that he will end up hugging his books in the hammock instead of you to sleep :) Edited by sarah833

I've got to eat my words now.

THANK YOU GREGLHC!

we headed over to the Expo during the long weekend to check out the Times Book Fair. Even though the poor HTB was ill after his business trip so we only went down after he was finally a bit more human. Funny how his 'illness' means he needs to sleep a lot but when he's inside the Book Fair, he can treasure hunt for 1 1/2 hours, no problem. :curse:

After hunting for treasures, he finally emerged with a carton of 30+ books. Guess he's finally satisfied 8|

wwug.jpg

After we were done with the Book Fair, we heeded Greglhc's advice to check out the Home Expo and we're so glad we did!

We had a great time haggling with Pierce, the owner of Bez Gallery, over the price of the bedframe (storage bed, headboard etc). He's extremely patient and friendly. I've tried to find negative reviews of them but havn't come across any as yet so we placed our deposit for the following -

dbhv.jpg

I've always wanted something like this and thankfully the hubs is perfectly fine with it. Another item off the list! :jammin:

This frame is one of those that caught my eye at the show. Good choice!!!

you are welcome! sounds like u got a good price too!

I've got to eat my words now.

THANK YOU GREGLHC!

we headed over to the Expo during the long weekend to check out the Times Book Fair. Even though the poor HTB was ill after his business trip so we only went down after he was finally a bit more human. Funny how his 'illness' means he needs to sleep a lot but when he's inside the Book Fair, he can treasure hunt for 1 1/2 hours, no problem. :curse:

After hunting for treasures, he finally emerged with a carton of 30+ books. Guess he's finally satisfied 8|

wwug.jpg

After we were done with the Book Fair, we heeded Greglhc's advice to check out the Home Expo and we're so glad we did!

We had a great time haggling with Pierce, the owner of Bez Gallery, over the price of the bedframe (storage bed, headboard etc). He's extremely patient and friendly. I've tried to find negative reviews of them but havn't come across any as yet so we placed our deposit for the following -

dbhv.jpg

I've always wanted something like this and thankfully the hubs is perfectly fine with it. Another item off the list! :jammin:

No lah, I was out treasure hunting for a lamp and coffee table, shun bian kay poh when I saw the hammock :-)

Found the lamp yesterday! its a brand new pc of IKEA Stockholm LED floor lamp selling at half the retail price at the store now

9509546662_265fb9bae9.jpg

IMG-20130814-WA0000 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

and a brand new pc of Leimotiv table lamp I bought 1+ years ago for $50

9509546690_482e71778d.jpg

20130814_180318 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

ha ha Zihui arent you afraid that he will end up hugging his books in the hammock instead of you to sleep :)

i like the red lamp - it provides a very nice splash of color and commands attention.

hahahahahaha

if he really wants to hug his books in the hammock to sleep, he is very welcome to do so.

i will hug my bags in the bed to sleep :notti:

This frame is one of those that caught my eye at the show. Good choice!!!

Thanks Pokz1981!

Did you get anything from the Expo in the end?

you are welcome! sounds like u got a good price too!

I did and I'm super happy with it. Thank you so much!

I'm now eagerly looking forward to viewing the transformation take place over at your bachelor pad!

since i havn't gotten my keys yet, I'm living vicariously through you guys :D

@sarah, gd find at gd price! U hv a t-blog?

hihi no I dont have a T-blog :)

i like the red lamp - it provides a very nice splash of color and commands attention.

hahahahahaha

if he really wants to hug his books in the hammock to sleep, he is very welcome to do so.

i will hug my bags in the bed to sleep :notti:

hihi Zihui,

The lamp is orange color leh :) it matches the orange FLY pendant light I bought brand new from a french woman on criags . I like the splash of color too! I have an orange kettle cum tea pot from Tangs and an orange butter dish from robinsons, and picked an empty wine bottle with a splash of orange as display on the wall-mounted wine rack .

the orange table lamp reminds me of the robot No5 somehow haha

hihi no I dont have a T-blog :)

hihi Zihui,

The lamp is orange color leh :) it matches the orange FLY pendant light I bought brand new from a french woman on criags . I like the splash of color too! I have an orange kettle cum tea pot from Tangs and an orange butter dish from robinsons, and picked an empty wine bottle with a splash of orange as display on the wall-mounted wine rack .

the orange table lamp reminds me of the robot No5 somehow haha

i think i need my eyes checked

after seeing your post, i scrolled upwards again to double check and the lamp still looks red to me. *blush*

it must be my lousy computer screen at work hahahahaha

The HTB is a stick in the mud. He has nothing against buying 2nd hand items / online shopping, but he puts his foot down when it comes to buying 2nd hand electronic items online because he insists that electronic items have a limited shelf life so we might as well buy them first hand. oddly enough, he's the one trawling gumtree and ebay to see if there are any dining tables that he can get on the cheap *roll eyes*

Hi guys,

for anyone who needs to buy tableware / kitchenware (like myself), good news -

n1qv.png

For more info, check out www.siahuat.com

Time to go shopping again! :jammin:

Hi guys,

for anyone who needs to buy tableware / kitchenware (like myself), good news -

n1qv.png

For more info, check out www.siahuat.com

Time to go shopping again! :jammin:

err i think the sale is over .... on a side note...u can try ToTTs also owned by Sia Huat and the items are a little more modern and the place isn't as messy :)

err i think the sale is over .... on a side note...u can try ToTTs also owned by Sia Huat and the items are a little more modern and the place isn't as messy :)

Isn't the sale from 12th-15th Sept '13 as per the flyer?

*puzzled*

Isn't the sale from 12th-15th Sept '13 as per the flyer?

*puzzled*

oh crap! my bad...i keep forgetting we are in August!! :wacko:

I have been to their HQ...it is worth it...warning...it is in the boondocks...do some research...if i am not wrong they have some food wholesalers there... :)

oh crap! my bad...i keep forgetting we are in August!! :wacko:

I have been to their HQ...it is worth it...warning...it is in the boondocks...do some research...if i am not wrong they have some food wholesalers there... :)

No problem at all hahahaha

thanks for the heads up, will certainly try to do some research before heading down

talking about food wholesalers, i didn't know that such a business existed until my HTB started ordering supplies from such wholesalers

He uses http://www.qbfood.com.sg/

Is this good or do you know of other better ones?

qb food is good...i use the foodie market place outlet at tiong bahru v often. Buy a lot of frozen pork, beef and lamb from them. Very happy. Super worthwhile