Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

And after all that, he chooses to lug back... a floor lamp.

Not an Indian looking floor lamp or a special looking floor lamp - an ordinary floor lamp that looks as if he could have easily bought it from Singapore.

A Glenhaven black spotlight floor lamp -

a3rq.jpg

xe4y.jpg

ybp0.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Lol! Ask hom to leave the shopping to gals next time! But the lamp do lool great!

How much did u pay for ur storage bed? M looking for one too...

Went to expo on Fri but came back empty handed.. booo

Hi, some men I know don't bother to go shopping to buy smth nice. They just grab smth from the airport. Your hubby not only went for serious shopping but also took pix to show you. Well done!

Yes Zihui we should do our part to help keep the sunset industries and small independant shops alive! shopping and dining in singapore is becoming so boring with too many chain stores domimating the retail space.

I hope I can still indulge in handmade kuehs, steam yam cake/pumpkin cake, rojak and popiah in my sunset years !

hahhahha

well said, sarah!

we normally head to Alexandria Village (over at the Bt Merah industrial zone) for our fix of handmade Te ochew kuehs! Have you tried out that place before?

the one facing the main road? yes I tabao their soon kuehs countless times and I rarely eat at IKEA restuarant whenever I go IKEA coz there are so many stalls selling yummy local food at the AV hawker centre. What I like is most of the stalls are still manage by the stall owners themselves and not some low wage workers.

Lol! Ask hom to leave the shopping to gals next time! But the lamp do lool great!

How much did u pay for ur storage bed? M looking for one too...

Went to expo on Fri but came back empty handed.. booo

Hi ProjectH, tried to PM you but I think your inbox is full. It just says that this member cannot receive any more messages

hahaha the lamp looks great though :)

I just saw the Simpsons confidential in your picture must be a good read!

hi oldskool!!

the lamp looks.... normal, i guess. it's not ugly, but it wouldn't have been something that i would pick.

therefore, he's going to put it in his reading room :bleah:

hahahahaha he's a geek so he grabbed that book excitedly

with 30+ books to occupy him, i think he's going to be quiet for quite some time

if you'd like, i can ask him to lend it to you after he's done reading it

goes well with your table! d'oh! hahahahah

Hi, some men I know don't bother to go shopping to buy smth nice. They just grab smth from the airport. Your hubby not only went for serious shopping but also took pix to show you. Well done!

Hi June,

that's a good point. I was feeling all warm inside after reading what you said, so I decided to give him some credit, telling him that even though i don't like what he chose in the end, i'm still impressed that he put in so much effort to go shopping. I even said that he surprised me, because he's really not much of a shopper.

The idiot simply replied, "No choice... there's nothing else to do in Chennai when your flight is at midnight and the beers were so expensive."

:curse::curse::curse::curse:

the one facing the main road? yes I tabao their soon kuehs countless times and I rarely eat at IKEA restuarant whenever I go IKEA coz there are so many stalls selling yummy local food at the AV hawker centre. What I like is most of the stalls are still manage by the stall owners themselves and not some low wage workers.

Yup Yup!!!!!

i always end up spending too much money in that shop, tapaoing kuehs for his family and mine as well.

AV hawker centre is awesome... the claypot laksa, the wanton noodles, the fishball noodles... time for food photos!

p38u.jpg

Heaven in a bowl -

0ma9.jpg

But having said that... I still need to admit...

that we love the IKEA cafe too

meatballs... chicken wings.... *drool*

haha I am not crazy over the chicken wings and I have the meatballs once in a while. I like their almond cake and curry puff!

AV hawker centre is awesome indeed, too spoilt for choice. I like the avocado juice, hainanese chicken rice, char siew + roast pork rice, mutton claypot,prawn noodle, clakypot laksa, satay, white coffee, the silver fish bun from the small bakery stall and more. drool!

Edited by sarah833