Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yeah it's good enough for me. Others have posted quite extreme experiments where the red wine and whatnot is left for a day.

Definitely worth getting the samples from them to do your own testing. There may be ingredients that you use commonly but not tested routinely. Like Vanessa tried with turmeric and kompactop did not pass the test.

to be fair it was tumeric mixed with red wine...mixed with balsamic...mixed with kopi o coffee bag...mixed with chilli oil. LOL

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah Ness! That's some hardcore testing! LOL

I use tumeric sometimes too so a bit worried. The other half is not keen on Kompactop at all. Boooo!

Update pics on faucets and sinks from taobao. All installations by plumber went without a hitch.

photo31_zps0a0d0e15.jpg

Kitchen mixer faucet with Selena sink. Really pleased with this buy. The height of the kitchen mixer is a whooping 70cm and gives a solid look

photo4_zpse38176bd.jpg

Closer view of the sink.

photo21_zpseb94a03c.jpg

Rainshower. Water pressure is really strong in my apartment thankfully. Really like the knobs. No odd thingy to pull/push in order to change which shower head the water flows out from. Also has in-built mechanism to vary the mixing of hot and cool water to vary the temperature.

photo11_zps0cbe569d.jpg

Sink and faucet from tb. Was hard to find an undermount sink these days since everyone going for top mount. I chose the faucet because it had an old-school industry look but in polished chrome.

ya man. Get to know this forum through a friend who has a 100 inch projection screen, big audio equipments, chunky cables and his own mini server at home. not sure he had to give up his hobby after getting married AND have a toddler running around in the apartment

They will probably think that a soundbar like SONOS is over priced, like my old BOSE but at least they are neat right ? :)

Did you check out the Libratone speakers?

Libratone looks really nice! Tough choice between this and jawbone

Wah Ness! That's some hardcore testing! LOL

I use tumeric sometimes too so a bit worried. The other half is not keen on Kompactop at all. Boooo!

We cook everyday. And we hosts quite a few dinner gatherings. So something that can take stains was a must. Just in case

ya man. Get to know this forum through a friend who has a 100 inch projection screen, big audio equipments, chunky cables and his own mini server at home. not sure he had to give up his hobby after getting married AND have a toddler running around in the apartment

They will probably think that a soundbar like SONOS is over priced, like my old BOSE but at least they are neat right ? :)

Did you check out the Libratone speakers?

Libratone looks really nice! Tough choice between this and jawbone

I really like the Libratone too and actually asked my good friend to order one and ship back together with her stuff from amsterdam a year ago but she changed her plan abt moving back to Singapore. Bought a jawbone's big jambox in the end. The sound quality is not bad at all.

to be fair it was tumeric mixed with red wine...mixed with balsamic...mixed with kopi o coffee bag...mixed with chilli oil. LOL

And out of all that mixture, only the turmeric stained kompactop?

And out of all that mixture, only the turmeric stained kompactop?

for kompactop...tumeric...red win and chilli oil stained...but it could be a chemical reaction of all the different liquids that cause it to stain. LOL not sure. To be fair...quartz didn't hold up to my staining too.

oh! i did use my fav chef knife to scratch the kompactop...and i could FEEL the indentation but it was not visible. If that makes sense. Just a heads up to be careful

wah! vanessa, you must have some messy parties :sport-smiley-018:

Would you conclude that kompactop is similar to solid top in terms of resistance to stains and scratches?

for kompactop...tumeric...red win and chilli oil stained...but it could be a chemical reaction of all the different liquids that cause it to stain. LOL not sure. To be fair...quartz didn't hold up to my staining too.

oh! i did use my fav chef knife to scratch the kompactop...and i could FEEL the indentation but it was not visible. If that makes sense. Just a heads up to be careful

wah! vanessa, you must have some messy parties :sport-smiley-018:

Would you conclude that kompactop is similar to solid top in terms of resistance to stains and scratches?

HAHAHAHA I have to be extra careful cos i plan to conduct cooking classes at the new home. :)

Yes, i think it is very similar to solid surface...but Kompactop looks prettier :)

Oh wow cooking classes. Where to sign up?

HAHAHAHA I have to be extra careful cos i plan to conduct cooking classes at the new home. :)

Yes, i think it is very similar to solid surface...but Kompactop looks prettier :)

Yup...i teach cooking classes on weekends...proceeds from the class goes to a charity i have been working with for almost ten years now. Here's the link to past events...once i move in...i plan to start them again. https://www.facebook.com/CulinaryNess/events

I'm definitely going to sign up as well!!!!

Singapore's own version of Nigella Lawson is gonna be my teacher *grin*

I'm definitely going to sign up as well!!!!

Singapore's own version of Nigella Lawson is gonna be my teacher *grin*

thanks Zihui...just a home cook that enjoys being in the kitchen :)