Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
desatans

Peace & Harmony@punggol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Tiling works has begun for bathrooms and dining wall over these 2 days. Well the tiles selected for the bathrooms were quite 'unusual' as you can see from the photos below. That was what I thought when my ids sent me the tiling photos today haha. They kinda gives some rustic raw feel ?!? Especially the cbr wall tiles on the left, which was selected by wifey lol..can't wait to see the end product! Waterproofing on going for the bathrooms floor.

n21z04.jpg

Craftstone on the dining wall. Grouting yet to complete :)

2mc82er.jpg

This is the wall for the tv console. Cat6 LAN cables have also been lay from here to all 3 rooms. They will be completed with individual network port hidden in the console and connected to the ONT/router from the service provider which I subscribed.

mt9tf8.jpg

Collected this armored fiber patch cord cable today and will be passing to the electrician to run this cable from the TP into my tv console. Length is 8 metres, should be more than enough I hope!

209fy1d.jpg

Interesting.

New BTO, the ONT is near circuit board. Then most people use LAN point to the TV console area.

Collected this armored fiber patch cord cable today and will be passing to the electrician to run this cable from the TP into my tv console. Length is 8 metres, should be more than enough I hope!
209fy1d.jpg

Interesting.

New BTO, the ONT is near circuit board. Then most people use LAN point to the TV console area.

Yea I think so for new BTO. Mine is a resale and previous owner already installed the TP but on the wall opposite to where my tv console will be. So instead of relocating the TP which will cost abt 200+, I'll just run a longer fiber patch cord to the ONT in the console :D

What is the depth of your shoe cabinet?

TIA

Hi khng, the depth if I remembered correctly is 40cm. Initially was proposed at 45cm and I thought it was too deep.

Yea I think so for new BTO. Mine is a resale and previous owner already installed the TP but on the wall opposite to where my tv console will be. So instead of relocating the TP which will cost abt 200+, I'll just run a longer fiber patch cord to the ONT in the console :D

so u are laying this how u manage the patch cord neatness?

so u are laying this how u manage the patch cord neatness?

Hi cookiegal, the patch cord will be installed inside the trunking provided by the electrician.

This armoured cord is 10 times stronger then the usual yellow color one. It has steel wire inside to protect the fiber and it is highly bendable.

Hi cookiegal, the patch cord will be installed inside the trunking provided by the electrician.

This armoured cord is 10 times stronger then the usual yellow color one. It has steel wire inside to protect the fiber and it is highly bendable.

Price and source from where?

My ID proposed 35cm depth as this rests against the wall where the main entrance door opens to. That means once you are standing in front of the house looking through the door, the shoe cabinet will protrude out.

My ID proposed 35cm depth as this rests against the wall where the main entrance door opens to. That means once you are standing in front of the house looking through the door, the shoe cabinet will protrude out.

Ok, I think it's quite similar in my case too. Can act as a privacy partition leh, to prevent ppl outside from getting a full view of where we are at the sofa area :lol:

Not sure if there is any loss of network quality???

Hi cookiegal, I quote the following from delon f&q http://www.delonfibre.com/faq1.html. So, 1) a longer patch cord will not affect signal. 2) choose the cord with the correct green connector. Blue connect still can use but will cause signal losses.

1. Will it affect my broadband signal if i choose a longer fibre patch cord?

No, it will not affect your signal. However, one should be mindful of not to bend the fibre excessively (example: sharp bend, U-shape shape bend).

3. There are two types of SC fibre patch cord available in the market. One with blue connector and another one with green connector. Which one should i choose? Should i change to the correct type if i bought wrong patch cord?

The correct type of fibre patch cord is SC/APC with green connectors. Blue connectors fibre patch cord is called SC/UPC or SC/PC. It will cause more than 10 db signal loss in some cases. The acceptable loss level for OpenNet infrastructure is 25-30 db depending on area. Most of the houses will experience 16 - 21 db if use SC/APC type of patch cord (normal setting). If SC/UPC patch cord is used, the signal loss will shoot up to higher level. This is the reason why some could still access to their broadband services despite of using SC/UPC patch cord but some could not.