Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heb619

A Touch Of Europe

Thanks for the compliments! We really hope these photos might inspire more among you to attempt similar concepts, away from the usual modern themes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For this kind of concept to work successfully, (even more) careful plannings are required to avoid costly alterations. It would be much easier if the home owners starts fresh without the need to carry over existing furnitures into the new home. 99.9% of the things at home were bought new so we could make sure every little item matches rather than clashes with the panellings/wallpapers etc.

There is no TV in the living hall. We have decided at a very early stage to make the living hall a place to fellowship with each other rather than having our eyes glued to the screen (if we don't watch TV at restaurants, why do we watch TV when we are having our meals at home?). The design also does not accomodate a big flat-panel TV easily so we will have a dedicated room for projection screen.

We do have ceiling-mounted speakers mostly to create ambient music for the different occassions throughout a calendar year.

Edited by heb619

I presume this is not carried on to the bedrooms and toliets?!?

By the way, I think this is more of a Palace theme rather than generic Europe theme!!! I feel like I was looking at rooms in some castle/palace somewhere in Europe!

Edited by Alpc

The mixer in the bathrooms were unchanged from the original that were given. They say will spoilt easily so wait til then then changed...