Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I HAVE A SHAMEFUL CONFESSION TO MAKE.

Erm... I lifted a big portion of my wedding speech off the Google search for "wedding speech samples in singapore". Wahahahaha! :sport-smiley-004:

(Aiyah I did add my own personal touch to it of course... Don't judge me too quickly ok.. Hehehe..)

Well well.. CFO & I decided to overwrite #CalvinTan's decision to use the V02 Pioneered Oak, and instead, we are going for V03 Eden Oak #Alsafloor vinyl flooring!!! (And I cannot stress enough that it's with #CalvinTan's respected approval once again... :bow: )

V03 EDEN OAK IS THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE!! (V02 Pioneered Oak is the one on the left in case you want to know)

gallery_54206_10_38311.jpg

Just prior to deciding the exact #Alsafloor colour choice to proceed with, CFO & I popped down to the #PoshHome showroom & physically compared the #Alsafloor sample piece (the one that #Bilrich sent over to #PoshHome) against the chosen #PoshHome TV console (for reference)... And it was a SUCCESS!! Woohoo! :yamseng:

COLOUR COMPARISONS OF V03 EDEN OAK AGAINST TV CONSOLE - TOP VIEW

gallery_54206_8_89971.jpg

COLOUR COMPARISONS OF V03 EDEN OAK AGAINST TV CONSOLE - OF THE FLOOR (ignore cement screed if you can)

gallery_54206_8_63426.jpg

Anddddd... With that, #CalvinTan will coordinate seperately with the #Bilrich flooring installers for the right renovation progress phase to pop in and overlay the #Alsaflooring for my dream house... :)

See ya'll again!!!*poof!* (magically disappears) :seeya:

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

First post as Mr & Mrs Wong... Hehe.. Thanks all who wished me well for my wedding.. It flashed by my blur face in a blurry blur, and suddenly, I am a happily married man now. Hehehehe.. :) Anywayyyy...

A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT GREETED ME RECENTLY WHEN I STEPPED INTO MY NEW HOUSE...

gallery_54206_413_91707.jpg

By the way, I am extremely pleased with the level of tidiness (masking tape the flooring cardboard also can look so pretty one ah.) & the amount of cardboard protection put up for my flooring & for my doors.

RENOVATION HAS STARTED!!! WOOHOO!!

READERS DO NOTE: Nothing can ever prepare you for the emotional high when you make your first visit to your house to see the initial progress of your house renovation.

Haha... Honestly, I think CFO & I planned and planned and planned the renovation so much that it felt like the house was never ever going to be renovated... Until you actually SEE the cardboard mats laid across your living hall with the mini-mountains of cement mix, SMELL the renovation dust in the air etc etc... All these happening in your house!!!:) And then the speed of progress just hits you right SMACK in the face!!! *PIAK* :D

Kudos to the #PoshHome team for the speed & ferocity of the renovation! RAWR!! hahaha.. :D

Oh by the way, #PoshHome appointed a site coordinator, #Edgar, for my renovation project.

#Edgar is a young guy who really gives me a good feeling about him; He seems to be a very responsible, young & hardworking person (#CalvinTan told me off-hand that #Edgar works till very late for almost every day, even weekends... impressive vigour & drive for a young man) who will handle my project really well. From what I gathered & observed, #Edgar speaks well, and is no more than 26 years old... And also you can see that he is really sincere in learning the ropes from his sifu (#CalvinTan of couse!)... When #CalvinTan asks him to follow up on something; calls are made, doubts clarified, notes taken down earnestly - all immediately. Very impressive young man. Along the way, when I was deliberating on some decisions (telephone point conversion to LAN point, if you must know hehehe..) #Edgar even found it in him to give some suggestions & opinions, which were good & reasonable. Very happy with his appointment.. :thumbs up:

Anyway all communications from CFO & I are still communicated to the main man, #CalvinTan, who will relay all necessary information to #Edgar for his coordination/ execution on site... Have to be said that this is a really good process flow. Am really happy with this arrangement because I am assured that my message is getting across to them, and I get effective on-site coverage for my humble renovation project. :good: Well thought-out coordination from the #PoshHome team!!!

Anyhoo, enough talking! I will add some commentary to each of the photos I'm posting below... Enjoy & scroll awayyyyy... :P

KITCHEN WALL BEING PREPARED FOR OVERLAY & CABINET CEMENT BASE IN-PROGRESS - Very good cement workmanship & smooth finish by the #PoshHome cement worker as you can tell by the completed cement base on the right-hand-side of the photo below.

gallery_54206_413_531787.jpg

MINI HEART-ATTACK-INDUCING KITCHEN FLOOR TILES - Already delivered to my place, and surprisingly they look much better than I last remembered.. Hehehe..

gallery_54206_413_412555.jpg

WATER HEATER INSTALLTION POINT RE-LOCATING TO SERVICE YARD - The #PoshHome plumber already re-routed my storage water tank heater installation point to the service yard when I got to my house. Also unexpectedly fast. Don't pray pray, chop chop curry pop. CFO & I didn't want to keep the huge-donkey water tank in the common bathroom cause erm, we think it's a little bit ugly lor... So we decided to install the entire unit at the service yard! (below photo was taken when I was standing at the service yard)

gallery_54206_413_192830.jpg

DETAILED DRAWINGS PUT UP FOR SUB-CONTRACTORS AS INSTRUCTIONS - As promised very early on by #CalvinTan, they adhered to their practice of putting up detailed drawings for the workers/ sub-contractors to follow... Can see the detailed writings of the actual tile to use at certain places, dimensions, deadlines etc etc...

gallery_54206_413_144626.jpg

To Be Continued......

Edited by leonjennawong

Continued......

MASTER BATHROOM FLOOR & WALL BEING PREPARED FOR OVERLAY - My sink & WC were removed in good order.. Currently residing in my household shelter.. :)Totally excited about the master bathroom make over!!! :sport-smiley-004:

gallery_54206_413_216588.jpg

ASSORTED DESIGN MOTIF FEATURE WALL SUPPOSED TO BE HERE (below picture)

gallery_54206_413_584101.jpg

COMMON BATHROOM FLOOR (ONLY) BEING PREPARED FOR OVERLAY - As mentioned before, only overlaying with a simple beige-coloured Hafary rectangular tile here.. The photo had to be reduced in size, but it totally didn't do the skill of the cement worker any justice.. Very good workmanship so far!!!:good:

gallery_54206_413_336612.jpg

That's all today!!! Will be dropping by my place tomorrow to check out some more of my house renovation! Apparently the air con piping got installed earlier today, with #Edgar on-site to supervise.. Fingers crossed that I do not have to suffer the reputed poor Gain City workmanship... :dunno: Till I see you all next time, take care fellas!!! :rofl:

Edited by leonjennawong

It's been a crazy week of middle-of-the-night waking up for all the fellow football watchers out there... And I say football watchers, not fans, because I happen to know that there are people out there who are catching the World Cup on TV just because it is the "in" thing to do now.. Wahahahaha... :P

Anyway. Crazy crazy crazy couple of weeks.. Let's see, Spain got whipped at the World Cup qualifiers by the country-of-tulip-lovers, Arjen Robben looks like he is still maintaining what's left of his crop of hair, Cesc Fabregas swapped his blaugrana bibs for the blues etc etc... Oh bother. Enough about the world of football. I'd better blog the latest updates before I disappear for my honeymoon tomorrow morning... MALDIVES, HERE WE COME!!! *scratches "maldives trip" off from the bucket list* Hehehe.. :D

WELL OH WELL, my humble home renovation has finally started to move into a more aesthetic & colourful phase with all the tiling works being done up!! Oh I just remembered, I forgot to take photos of the air con pipe running & trunking for you all so I guess that will have to wait.

And seeing as I recognise that no one is going to be reading all this nonsense that I am typing here, and all you dearest readers are just going to go straight for the photos below, I shall waste no further finger-energies & shan't not don't delay any longer... BEHOLD BELOW... AND ENJOY!!

KITCHEN WALL & FLOOR OVERLAY - All the tiles are evenly layed with uniform grouting gap in between... Very happy with the outcome! And it looks like I have to trust CFO's taste more!!!(anyway she chose me, so I have to give her taste some credit. Wahahahaha... kidding kidding!) :P The kitchen is giving me this vintage, old-school kinda buzz right now.. :good:Oh, do notice the "empty" box on the floor at the fore-front of the photo... That's where the hinge of the glass door will be situated.. :)

gallery_54206_413_36979.jpg

gallery_54206_413_209906.jpg

gallery_54206_413_555055.jpg

COMMON BATHROOM FLOOR OVERLAY - The downsized photo really doesn't do this finish any justice. One of the best decisions made during this reno journey, which is to overlay the HDB bathroom floor tiles... Good recommendation by #CalvinTan.. :thumbs up:He even swapped the original HDB PVC floor trap strainer with a stainless steel one w/o me asking!!

gallery_54206_413_496191.jpg

MASTER BATHROOM FLOOR & WALL OVERLAY - And keeping in line with the endearing phrase of "keeping the best for the last"... As I do when I save my egg yolks for later; which is something that I do more often than I would like to admit actually...... Ahem. I digress yet again. See below picture for my very beloved assorted design motif tiled wall standing proudly against the other greyish stone-finish rectangular tiles, exuding what-I-think to be a hotel-esque ambience... Yummyyyyy... :wub: :wub: :wub:

gallery_54206_413_125862.jpg

Will be back in a week's time and in the mean time, #CalvinTan & #Edgar will be doing up the false ceilings, partitioning & painting while CFO & I go for a well-deserved break!! See you all again & have a pleasant week! :yamseng:

Edited by leonjennawong

Not quite the scandi look I was expecting, with the use of all those patterned tiles, but looking forward to seeing the end outcome! Have a great honeymoon!!

could you share your 3D drawings here ?

Hello Bbbddd, you can try this link http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/64054-leon-jenna-reno-experience/?p=842578... I have changed some things since then but the 3d drawings still gave me a good visual image to work with "imaginatively".. hahaha :) Hope the link works though..

Not quite the scandi look I was expecting, with the use of all those patterned tiles, but looking forward to seeing the end outcome! Have a great honeymoon!!

Hey hey tessina! Long time no see.. I think the last time I saw you was when you recommended #GalangaLiving to me.. hehe good store with good prices! Just a bit too dark for my theme.. Anyway as you pointed out, the kitchen has indefinitely taken a move away from scandinavian theme & towards the vintage theme... CFO is so happy with her kitchen.. :D And thanks for your nice wishes!!

HELLO SINGAPORE!!! WE ARE BACK!!!

WAHAHAHAHA CFO & I HAVE OFFICIALLY NEVER BEEN SO SUNBURNT IN OUR LIVES. :)Really, you know. We are just so super chao ta (hokkien for burnt) & black right now.

With regards to our humble renovation, well... What a difference a week makes. ;)

#CalvinTan & #Edgar have put up the finishing touches on all the partitioning works for us during our time away... But I only have the older photos for uploading tonight.. So bear with me till I get my grubby fingers on the latest photos k? :P

Partition Works #1) CFO & I decided along our reno journey to box up the hollow recessed walls (flanked by the 2 reinforced concrete "RC" columns) at our living area & our master bedroom...

- Living area wall was boxed up to achieve the clean, flat & big wall effect without having to deal with shadows cast by the overhang beam & those 2 "RC" columns; Also can help to run wires behind for my wall-mounted 60" TV.. hehehe :P (can see the work in Partition Works #3 below)

- And the master bedroom wall was boxed up because the recessed wall gave us constraints when we try to maximise the width of our entire wall, which is a balancing act between the curtain pelmet width, side tables' width, king-size bed width & wardrobe length. Without the box up, we think the recessed space would play up against us especially when we try to place our king-sized bed against the wall...

gallery_54206_413_237744.jpg

Partition Works #2) The 2 bedrooms' false ceilings have been put up, of which I will only show one picture since they all look the same (painting not fully done yet for the photo below, which is why it looks a little patchy)... Oh, and the air-con FCU recesses into the false ceiling have also been provisioned for..

gallery_54206_413_202191.jpg

gallery_54206_413_194009.jpg

Partition Works #3) The living & dining area false ceilings are also up!!! Seeing a large piece of plain ceiling without any L-box or cornices for cove lights etc. really gives me a feeling of a big space.. Pleased with the outcome! (take note the painting for this picture is also not fully done yet) The big recessed space in the ceiling is where my ceiling feature beams will go!! Can't wait for the next phase when my ceiling beams go up!!!

gallery_54206_413_29908.jpg

To Be Continued.....

Edited by leonjennawong

Continued......

Partition Works #4) One of the best renovation journey decisions made by CFO & I is the air-con trunking box up!! :) Really really happy with the finish.. It looks clean, just like a concrete beam, so the ugly air-con trunking is effectively hidden away from view! :sport-smiley-004: Good recommendation by #CalvinTan there.. See pictures below..

AIR CON TRUNKING BOX UP (TAKEN FROM LIVING AREA) - You will notice that the horizontal RC beam at the room passageway entrance has been lowered a little using gypsum board as well.. :) I don't know why the photo is a bit slanted.. #Edgar took the photo I think.. Maybe creative people think differently from us. Wahahahaha... :P

gallery_54206_413_25477.jpg

AIR CON TRUNKING BOX UP (TAKEN FROM ENTRANCE OF ROOM PASSAGEWAY) - What did I tell ya?! :):) :) The L-shaped box up looks so neat & tidy right!!! hehehe... A lot a lot better than having an ugly horizontal trunking running right above the door frames.. Blech..

gallery_54206_413_312.jpg

AIR CON TRUNKING BOX UP (TAKEN FROM MASTER BEDROOM) - And just to show the entire work being done... The boxing up continues into the Master Bedroom.. where it terminates into another FCU.. :)

gallery_54206_413_16793.jpg

OK I better go and try to sleep liao. It's 2am Singapore time.. Though back in Maldives, it's only 11pm.. Need to tweak my body clock a little.. Hehe... Good night everyone & sweet dreams!!!

*YAWN* :jawdrop: (creative use of emoticons heh)

Edited by leonjennawong

Did Calvin tan provide warranty if Aircon pipe leak, he will remove the box and patch then up nicely in future ?

• Like 1