Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Howdy leonjennawong!

Thanks for keeping us entertained with your Tblog...I've 'engaged' posh home as well...met him once for an initial talk about my design. A second time at his office and his quotation is rock steady plus he did not miss any of the items that i requested to do for my house. I will start a Tblog soon to document. His other designer name ephron is equally helpful as he drove me to OSK and Hafary to take a look at the tiles and lights which is near their office. Yes calvin will be busy from now on after all the promotion you gave him...so i've made it a point to click with his colleague in case calvin is too busy. The reason why i say 'engaged' is becos i told him verbally thru watsapp that he will be appointed as my ID and told him my start work date will be early march. Calvin straight away say no time!!! cos he need to apply permit and all...so without any delay, ephron came to my place aft work that night and collected the keys from me. The next day he went up to take measurement on the walls that are to be hack. What can i say....POWER SERVICE and we haven't sign the contract yet. Guess it will be a smooth journey from now. Look out for my tblog soon!!

Hey breakster! Wow it sounds like you managed to get another good designer from #PoshHome! Outstanding service right?! Heh Heh... :D I have personally not met this Ephron before but he sounds like someone who is quite proactive! Good for you! *thumbs up* All the best to your Reno and maybe we will even bump in each other at #PoshHome showroom one day! Yeah!! :)

hi leonjennawong! i enjoyed reading how u pen down ur thots in the entries, v interesting~~~ hehee i love tt mint laminate of urs!! :wub:

Very nice! :)

Love the colour you chose for your laminates! The mint is really lovely! :good:

Nice 3D...especially the choice of colors.

Hi leonjennawong!

Very impressive choice of colors and theme. We were at posh home yesterday and indeed we were awed by their furnitures and accesories. Looking forward to reading more of your reno journey! :D

Hi you all! Thanks so much for all your kind comments on the 3d drawings and the choice of colours! Also I am very happy if I managed to entertain you guys along the way! Hahahaha not intended, but still it's bringing a smile to my way on this gloomy Monday morning. Even now I'm stuck in a traffic jam on TPE.. Sheesh... Haha..

I must admit that the choice of mint colour for the kitchen cabinet was totally CFO's idea! Initially I was like yuckkkkk.. Because I'm a very boring person.. Always go for earthy tones one.. But even now, the colour is really growing on me!! So I guess you can say that CFO brings colour to my life... Hehehehe so cheesy.. :P

Edited by leonjennawong

*Continued from previous post

KITCHEN 3D (LEFT & RIGHT SIDE) by #PoshHome:

gallery_54206_7_51655.jpg

gallery_54206_7_15235.jpg

Summary of Works:

· Mint-coloured laminate from #Formica & ABS trimming & soft-close hinges (bottom cabinet only) for all kitchen cabinets (CFO absolutely loves this colour! :))

· Concrete Base for bottom kitchen cabinets

· LED strip lighting below top-hung kitchen cabinets

· White subway tiles with grey grouting for kitchen backsplash

· Full height cabinet for built-in ovens

· Complete quartz top for bottom cabinets (colour to be confirmed again)

· Forgot to tell #CalvinTan that we want a kitchen hood with chimney

· Dish rack not shown here

· Complete false ceiling for kitchen not shown here

· Full height ladder unit not shown here

MASTER BATHROOM 3D by #PoshHome:

gallery_54206_9_65034.jpg

Summary of Works:

· Top hung suspended mirror cabinet (love love love how it is in-line with the bottom quartz top & vanity closet)

· Quartz top for sink (still exploring other colours)

· Built-in vanity closet below sink

· Tempered glass shower screen (extends all the way up to ceiling, opted out glass door)

· Shower Kerb (tiles to be bought from HDB later)

· Still looking around for suitable motif tiles to replace the current mosaic 3D design shown (will have a post on new choices for motif tiles soon!)

Oh yeah.... Hmm there's still one more Master Bedroom 3D drawing that #CalvinTan owes me... I shall upload again once I get my grubby hands on it.. Hehehe.. :)

And.. That's all folks! Hope you all enjoy these 3D drawings as much as CFO & I do!

TGIF and Happy Weekends everybody!!!

i see that you opted out the glass door... looks clean but i am worried that water from the shower might wet the floor outside the shower area

Hi leonjennawong!

Very impressive choice of colors and theme. We were at posh home yesterday and indeed we were awed by their furnitures and accesories. Looking forward to reading more of your reno journey! :D

• Like 1

Howdy leonjennawong!

Thanks for keeping us entertained with your Tblog...I've 'engaged' posh home as well...met him once for an initial talk about my design. A second time at his office and his quotation is rock steady plus he did not miss any of the items that i requested to do for my house. I will start a Tblog soon to document. His other designer name ephron is equally helpful as he drove me to OSK and Hafary to take a look at the tiles and lights which is near their office. Yes calvin will be busy from now on after all the promotion you gave him...so i've made it a point to click with his colleague in case calvin is too busy. The reason why i say 'engaged' is becos i told him verbally thru watsapp that he will be appointed as my ID and told him my start work date will be early march. Calvin straight away say no time!!! cos he need to apply permit and all...so without any delay, ephron came to my place aft work that night and collected the keys from me. The next day he went up to take measurement on the walls that are to be hack. What can i say....POWER SERVICE and we haven't sign the contract yet. Guess it will be a smooth journey from now. Look out for my tblog soon!!

• Like 3

hi leonjennawong! i enjoyed reading how u pen down ur thots in the entries, v interesting~~~ hehee … i love tt mint laminate of urs!! :wub:

• Like 1

*Continued from previous post

KITCHEN 3D (LEFT & RIGHT SIDE) by #PoshHome:

gallery_54206_7_51655.jpg

gallery_54206_7_15235.jpg

Summary of Works:

· Mint-coloured laminate from #Formica & ABS trimming & soft-close hinges (bottom cabinet only) for all kitchen cabinets (CFO absolutely loves this colour! :))

· Concrete Base for bottom kitchen cabinets

· LED strip lighting below top-hung kitchen cabinets

· White subway tiles with grey grouting for kitchen backsplash

· Full height cabinet for built-in ovens

· Complete quartz top for bottom cabinets (colour to be confirmed again)

· Forgot to tell #CalvinTan that we want a kitchen hood with chimney

· Dish rack not shown here

· Complete false ceiling for kitchen not shown here

· Full height ladder unit not shown here

MASTER BATHROOM 3D by #PoshHome:

gallery_54206_9_65034.jpg

Summary of Works:

· Top hung suspended mirror cabinet (love love love how it is in-line with the bottom quartz top & vanity closet)

· Quartz top for sink (still exploring other colours)

· Built-in vanity closet below sink

· Tempered glass shower screen (extends all the way up to ceiling, opted out glass door)

· Shower Kerb (tiles to be bought from HDB later)

· Still looking around for suitable motif tiles to replace the current mosaic 3D design shown (will have a post on new choices for motif tiles soon!)

Oh yeah.... Hmm there's still one more Master Bedroom 3D drawing that #CalvinTan owes me... I shall upload again once I get my grubby hands on it.. Hehehe.. :)

And.. That's all folks! Hope you all enjoy these 3D drawings as much as CFO & I do!

TGIF and Happy Weekends everybody!!!

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

Hahaha just as an opening, tell you all what happened last night..

CFO & I were talking to my sister yesterday about renovation.. And again, we concluded the conversation with “Ask #Calvin lor.” when deciding on subway tiles for her kitchen backsplash… Hahahahaha… Really our favourite person to go to for design ideas.. :)

ANYWAY. Let’s not hide the BIG NEWS any further…

I have been going on and on about my eagerness for the end of Feb to come… And how it cannot come any sooner for me… It’s been a torturous 4 weeks up until now… And, here goes…... *cue drumroll*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

BRINGING TO YOU… THE LONG-AWAITED 3D DRAWINGS OF THE BELOVED NEW HOME OF LEONJENNAWONG!

(spread over next 2 posts due to photo limitations per post)

BTW I will accompany each 3D drawing with a summary of what I’m doing in the picture.. Just to provide some text to accompany the illustrations, so that you guys can have a better understanding of the scope of work that I’m doing & can even tally it with my sent quotation if you holding on to it.

If I don’t specify anything in the ‘Summary of Works’, it means that it is done/ provided by #PoshHome. Hmmmm… Just realised that I indeed have quite a lot of custom-made stuff in my home… Hehehe… (n_n)v

LIVING AREA 3D (FRONT VIEW) by #PoshHome:

gallery_54206_8_54299.jpg

Summary of Works:

· Gypsum board cover up of wall recess (on wall where TV is mounted)

· Complete false ceiling coverage for living area

· Wood trimming for windows in white paint finish (to cover the ugly aluminum white frames where possible…)

· Loose furniture planning to get from #PoshHome:

o Beige fabric sofa (see below printscreen from #CalvinTan for details, might go for soft grey)

o TV console sideboard (btw I did check, there is a hole behind for wires)

o Custom-made Solid-Wood-Bench-cum-Bay-Window (love this so much!)

o Custom-made Castor-Wheel Coffee Table (still pending quotation, keep you all updated)

o Custom-made solid-nyatoh-wood Wall Planter Rack (in the corner of the living area where it still can get some light, different location from initial proposal if you remember)

· So cute, #CalvinTan even put a 60” Samsung TV for me – buying outside myself (he must have remembered that time when I was asking him on advice on how to persuade CFO to let me to buy a bigger TV hehehe :P)

· Wooden grain HERF vinyl Alsafloor purchased direct from Bilrich

· Designer bag on the floor beside the sofa not included (hahahaha yes I did tell that joke to #CalvinTan too)

LIVING AREA 3D (BACK VIEW) by #PoshHome:

gallery_54206_8_93383.jpg

Summary of Works:

· Custom-made sideboard with pencil legs for living area back wall (Design aligned to the current theme of living area)

· Painted back wall with mint-colour (probably going to reconsider the colour and get something a couple of tones lighter)

· False Ceiling for corridor to bedrooms (still considering if we should put the normal downlights or the white tracklights as shown… Hmm..)

DINING AREA 3D by #PoshHome:

gallery_54206_8_62328.jpg

Summary of Works:

· Custom-made colourfully-stained Solid-Wood Dining Table

· White ceiling beams

· Full height 5ft-wide shoe cabinet (right hand side of picture)

· Vertical light-oak-colour veneer-wrapped beam, with 2x white plywood ABS-trimming suspended/open display shelves (elongates the adjoining wall & enlarge the dining area space, so that my dining table does not seem like it’s too big. Also planning to place a pastel/ white table fan on the shelf to provide ventilation for the dining area)

· Install kitchen glass door with custom-made veneer-wrapped handle (like I mentioned before, the custom-made veneer-wrapped handle is to soften the ‘modern’ look that a glass door exudes… And to be more aligned to Scandinavia theme)

· Take note that I will probably source for a different pendant light to the one in the 3D drawing (maybe something more woody or pastel coloured)

BTW, this is the recommended sofa printscreen from #CalvinTan:

(wooden pencil legs! My favourite!)

gallery_54206_10_3748.jpg

3D DRAWINGS ARE OUT!! WOOHOO! YEAH!

Like I was telling you guys before in the earlier short post on 3D design quality (see Post #24), the 3D drawing is good right!!! Hehehe... Turned out EXACTLY the way I want it to be!!!*thumbs up!*

*completely melting from elation like… right now. Wahahaha..*

Wahahahahha just typing this post is making me so happy and excited because I am re-living my initial feelings when I got the 3D drawings. Ok enough of nonsense. Move on to my observations and more serious stuff...

COMMUNCIATION WITHIN #POSHHOME:

The 3D rendering was done by #CalvinTan’s trusted #PoshHome 3D rendering design team, so like I was telling a couple of Renotalk friends who PM-ed me, I actually believe that the #PoshHome core team of (senior)designers/carpenters/site-coordinators must have been working together for some time already because there doesn’t seem to be ANY communication break-down from;

1) my communication of my preferences/design to #CalvinTan;

2) from #CalvinTan to the #PoshHome designing team; and

3) from #CalvinTan to the #PoshHome carpentry team

Communication from Person A (leonjennawong) to Person B (#CalvinTan) to Persons C (#PoshHome designers & carpenters) all working fine!!!(which is really not easy to find from any contractor or ID firm) Really give me the impression that their #PoshHome team is a well-oiled machine. Thumbs up and kudos to them!!!:D

Really so impressed and very appreciate how they captured the EXACT FEEL AND ESSENCE that I wanted for my house, so much so that I couldn’t help but tell him well done & good job! Really impressed.

Of course after I told him good job, I proceeded to gush over and over and OVER ON HOW MUCH CFO & I LOVED THE 3D DRAWINGS!! :wub: Wahahaha..

POINT TO TAKE NOTE ON EXPECTATION LEVELS THOUGH…

Anyhow, dearest newer Renotalkers, beware and please don’t make the mistaken assumption that engaging a super ID like #CalvinTan and #PoshHome or anyone else means you can hands-off & let them design freestyle, and yet still expect them to be able to read your mind and achieve your inner most desired dream house… NO! :no:

I have met up with #CalvinTan on a few occasions & even text with him sometimes, and am not afraid to converse with him on my preferences… I mean of course it helps that on the other hand, this #CalvinTan has good design intuition and SIMPLY GETS IT when it comes to our design preferences.

But as the old saying still goes, “It takes 2 hands to clap.”…… :)

Also, I am very sorry that some of the Renotalkers told me that #CalvinTan seems to be quite busy nowadays.. Maybe it’s peak period or something..? But do try to talk to his recommended senior designers.. I’m sure they can offer the same top-class designs & services to you.. Not to mention about the NO FREAKINGGGG GST pricing! Wahaha...

(yah what… if you engage the same #PoshHome company, the pricing rates should remain the same ma.. unless they increase then I really got nothing to say. Haha don’t quote me on this if not I think #CalvinTan will hunt me down :P hehehehehe…)

Lastly, do remember that my comfort-level & chemistry with #CalvinTan might not necessarily mean you will experience the same level of chemistry with him too… Because we are all different people with different ways of interaction ma…. So anyway, what I’m trying to say from my own experience is, DON'T TURN DOWN the opportunity to talk to different designers so easily..

Because… Worse come to worse, even if you don’t engage that particular ID;

1) You will still manage to get an exchange of renovation ideas;

2) You will get a better idea of the pricing being offered on the market for your intended works;

3) Lastly, I believe that you cannot just meet the so-called ‘good’ or 'famous' interior designers. Because you don’t really value what is right in front of you, or know what is considered good, UNTIL you have met the bad or mediocre ones. :) Just my 2 cents worth really… :P

Anyways, Good Job to #PoshHome & #CalvinTan!!!!!

CFO & I are super-duper happy & satisfied. :)

*Continued on next post: 3D rendering for Kitchen, Master Bathroom & Master Bedroom

Edited by leonjennawong

I ever mentioned that my sister is engaging #PoshHome as well right…? Well, she recently met up with #CalvinTan and he told her that apparently got some renotalkers walk-in to #PoshHome to look around because they don’t believe that such a good deal for ID services exists… So they went down to the 33 Ubi Ave 3 address to see if I am a scam or not.

They said the nick leonjennawong sounds like a scammy nick… Like what the heckkkkkkkk…? !

I really am at a loss. :huh: Don’t even know if I should be happy or sad. Hahahahha.. Ok I choose happy. :)

Anyway on a less ridiculously hilarious note, my sister seems to be leaning towards getting #kompactop from kompacplus that #PoshHome also carry.. She said the prices are comparable and good… I’m wondering if I ought to take up #kompactop too… But from what I’ve heard and read from other T-blogs, doesn't seem like it is as durable as quartz counter top… But good to know that #PoshHome actually carries the latest design materials… Take a look..

#KOMPACTOP FROM #KOMPACPLUS

gallery_54206_7_26382.jpg

THINK MY SISTER IS GOING FOR THIS COLOUR

gallery_54206_7_76322.jpg

I KNOW RIGHT. IT’S SUCH A SUPER SUPER GOOD MATCH FOR SCANDINAVIA THEME!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh… But… Sigh, seeing as CFO is such an advent cook, and quite the practical person, she will confirm reject this proposal & go for the hardy durable quartz I think….

And so, this thing no need to bring up to her for approval liao.. Confirm tio shot down one. Double-confirm.

Welcome to my (happy-wife) happy-life. :D

Hello LeongJennaWong,

I actually spoke to the sales manager from kompacplus. They actually brief us about the materials and stuff, and even let us use flame to burn. Use very big metal ball(tennis ball size) to drop from a height of 30cm? No crack or whatsoever. I love this material. Gonna use for my kitchen top. Anyway you want more info, i think you can always call in to kompacplus to meet up with any of their sales staff to get more info.

In fact i still got a very big piece of sample from them to play.

Oh. I understand from them, they don't deal direct with consumer. So ya you gonna find your ID to look for them instead.

On the side note, I went to look for #CalvinTan, waiting for him to reply us on his quote. Thanks for your recommendation! Cheers!

• Like 1

I ever mentioned that my sister is engaging #PoshHome as well right…? Well, she recently met up with #CalvinTan and he told her that apparently got some renotalkers walk-in to #PoshHome to look around because they don’t believe that such a good deal for ID services exists… So they went down to the 33 Ubi Ave 3 address to see if I am a scam or not.

They said the nick leonjennawong sounds like a scammy nick… Like what the heckkkkkkkk…? !

I really am at a loss. :huh: Don’t even know if I should be happy or sad. Hahahahha.. Ok I choose happy. :)

Anyway on a less ridiculously hilarious note, my sister seems to be leaning towards getting #kompactop from kompacplus that #PoshHome also carry.. She said the prices are comparable and good… I’m wondering if I ought to take up #kompactop too… But from what I’ve heard and read from other T-blogs, doesn't seem like it is as durable as quartz counter top… But good to know that #PoshHome actually carries the latest design materials… Take a look..

#KOMPACTOP FROM #KOMPACPLUS

gallery_54206_7_26382.jpg

THINK MY SISTER IS GOING FOR THIS COLOUR

gallery_54206_7_76322.jpg

I KNOW RIGHT. IT’S SUCH A SUPER SUPER GOOD MATCH FOR SCANDINAVIA THEME!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh… But… Sigh, seeing as CFO is such an advent cook, and quite the practical person, she will confirm reject this proposal & go for the hardy durable quartz I think….

And so, this thing no need to bring up to her for approval liao.. Confirm tio shot down one. Double-confirm.

Welcome to my (happy-wife) happy-life. :D

Edited by leonjennawong