Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Continued from previous post…

TAOBAO #5) WHITISH GREY XYLOPHONE QUARTZ KITCHEN SINK

gallery_54206_413_49004.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.34.gbe9Ix&id=37275943735&pfrom=transfer

Considerations/ Discoveries/ Rants/ Advice:

Ok I know the header says “QUARTZ” but do curb your enthusiasm… I know I had to. Haha… :P The actual product finish differed a bit from what you see in the photo.. The colour is not as white as what is depicted on the website, and the material feels more like some kind of cultured quartz.. :( Anyway still a reliable product for heavy duty use!! Moving on!

TAOBAO #6) MASTER BATHROOM WASH BASIN TAP

gallery_54206_413_24501.jpg

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37641649655

Regarding the picture, what you see is what you get. Very solid purchase.

TAOBAO #7) MASTER BATHROOM PHILIPS 5W DOWNLIGHT (TO BE INSTALLED ABOVE WASH BASINS)

gallery_54206_413_10038.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35767565803&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

This 5W LED light is just to provide some ambient spot lighting for both bathroom wash basin areas… :) The rotate-able function will allow us to direct the ambient light beam nicely onto the sink... Hehe... Wattage-rating advised by our beloved designer #CalvinTan..

TAOBAO #8) LED CEILING LIGHTS FOR BATHROOMS & SERVICE YARD & BOMB SHELTER

gallery_54206_413_14542.jpg

Normal looking ceiling lights for both bathrooms, service yard & the bomb shelter.. Insides are lined with numerous LED beads!! Bought the 24W version (45cm by 45cm) for my bathrooms, and the 15W version (40cm by 40cm) for the service yard & the bomb shelter... :)

TAOBAO #9) WHITE BLOCK CLOCK FOR MASTER BEDROOM

gallery_54206_413_51383.jpg

Pretty little bedside white block clock for our master bedroom!! Actually quite excited about how this #CalvinTan-approved block clock will fit into my Master Bedroom look.. Woohoo..

To Be Continued…

Just to let you know your Taobao links for 7,8,9 are the same link :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

YOU KNOW HOR,

the other day my sister suddenly came over to me and went like “Hahaha! Heart Attack Inducing tiles!! Does Jenna know?! Hahaha…” For those who just joined me at my humble T-blog here, my sister was referring to my dearest CFO’s choice of kitchen flooring tiles mentioned in Post #248

By the way, I did show CFO my post about her… She laughed lei. Hahaha.. :P

ANYHOWWWW! Today I have a few pictures to update on my Master Bedroom wardrobe & Master Bathroom vanity cabinet progress!! Actually we had already confirmed our Master Bedroom wardrobe laminate choice before… But we asked for a re-selection of the laminate due to our worry that it will not suit our new choice of the whitish-coloured #Alsafloor Eden Oak…

MASTER BEDROOM WARDROBE LAMINATE CHOICE

#CalvinTan actually already took the initiative to recommend a couple of laminate colours that he thought would be most suitable for our theme and for matching against the #Alsafloor Eden Oak, and even took pictures of the laminates and sent them to us… ERMMM… But CFO & I (actually mostly me la) didn’t have a good feeling & wanted to wait till we went down to their showroom to have an actual look at the laminate in real life!!!

As it turns out, WE CHOSE THE EXACT SAME LAMINATE CHOICE THAT #CALVINTAN RECOMMENDED. Following which I felt both happy and sad.. Happy that we managed to snag such an intuitive and suitable ID for us; but "sad" that we.. Aiyah not sad la. Well, it was more like a feeling of “Err.. what the…? We should have just trusted his judgement right.” Wahahahaha… :)

We finally went ahead with #Lamitak Oak Granada for our Master Bedroom wardrobe carcass and #Lamitak Designer White for the wardrobe doors!!

PICTURE OF #LAMITAK OAK GRANADA AGAINST THE EDEN OAK #ALSAFLOOR (As the wardrobe carcass will be sitting right on top of the vinyl floor, we were comparing them against each other for colour suitability & contrast!)

gallery_54206_413_401956.jpg

PICTURE OF #LAMITAK DESIGNER WHITE (CFO’s fingers very shiny hor. *hwing hwing!*:P)

gallery_54206_413_15442.jpg

MASTER BATHROOM VANITY CABINET COUNTER-TOP/ LAMINATE CHOICE

The colour choice for the Master Bathroom Vanity Cabinet counter-top & laminate was also tough… But luckily we have the trusty #CalvinTan and #Edgar!! Read on to find out why I’m so relieved to have them on my project…

The 2 of them actually took all colour elements within that bathroom and put them together in front of CFO & I.. It was a joy to watch them work their designer brain juices at the discussion table.. Heh heh heh... :P Out came #Edgar’s iPhone with a picture of the greyish stone-like tiles.. Then out came the physical samples of the assorted design motif wall tiles… All the different laminate catalogue books taken out & strewn across the table… :) And they didn’t even push the decision back to CFO & I; They had a good couple of minutes to think about the existing look & feel of the Master Bathroom, and gave a proposed choice for us to consider. I must commend them again, for their showed really very good ownership on the design. #Edgar even took the initiative to retrieve the big samples of the #Lamitak laminate for CFO & I to visualise! :good:

Once again, CFO & I were all smiles, because our decision to engage #PoshHome was vindicated once again. We avoided a potential sticky situation, and finally decided on the not-too-light-and-not-too-dark #Kompacplus 10.20 Boston Cherry and the dirty-scratched-stone-finish #Lamitak Carlo Marmo Flavio DXP 1333K!!! See picture below!

PICTURE OF MASTER BATHROOM VANITY CABINET COMBINATION (#Kompacplus 10.20 Boston Cherry and #Lamitak Carlo Marmo Flavio DXP 1333K)

gallery_54206_413_569515.jpg

I shall end this late-night Saturday post with a hearty goody nighty to all my dear readers… Have a peaceful Saturday night and the tip of today is: Try to empty thy bladder before watching Transformers 4. :huh:

Peace out!

Hi,

Can you PM the price for lamitak oak Granada laminate?

Cheers!

Busy busy weekdays followed by a busy busy weekend! Going to have 2 full days of ACTA course over this weekend from 9am to 6pm... Weekend totally burnt lei cannot go and visit my beloved home... :P

Anyway.

DOWNLIGHTS HAVE BEEN FIXED UP!!!WHEEEEE! AND CEILING FANS HAVE ALSO BEEN FIXED UP!!!DOUBLE WHEEE! :P

Wahahaha and in complete accordance with the proposed Lighting & Electrical Plan! Yeah~! ;) And I'm sorry that I'm so lame.. hahaha just too excited.. :D

Ahem. Let me recollect my feelings when I first entered my house the other day... Hmmmmmm.

The feeling and excitement when you see your house completely illuminated is just so... Wonderful. :) There are really just no other words to describe it... It's that small-pleasing-content-feeling you get, knowing that everything is moving along just fine.. :):):)

So, trust me when I say that THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THE MANY DEFINING MOMENTS you will experience throughout the renovation journey thus far.. :D

Okok, so without further ado, I bring to you... Katy Perry LeonJennaWong's (featuring #PoshHome) FIREWORKS!!!!!! Oei, I can see you staring from behind your keyboard you know. Clap lei. Wahahahaha.

LIVING AREA ILLUMINATION (W/O ELMARK 56" CEILING FAN) - In case you were wondering, yes, I laid on the dusty floor to capture this picture. And yes, I know I am disgusting. Wahahaha... :P

gallery_54206_8_11063.jpg

LIVING AREA ILLUMINATION (WITH ELMARK 56" CEILING FAN) - Apologies, it was taken during the day time and the Samsung Note 3 camera decided that my house looked better in vomit-inducing algae-green. Oh well.

gallery_54206_8_320945.jpg

CLOSE UP OF MY BELOVED ELMARK CEILING FAN - Wind power is strong!! And CFO just figured out that the fan setting can be set to turn either counter-clockwise OR clockwise!! Amazing!

gallery_54206_9_231060.jpg

CLOSE UP OF INSTALLED 10W PHILIPS DOWNLIGHT - If you just joined me here at my zany T-Blog, I bought these downlights from Taobao.. See Post#296 for more details.

gallery_54206_9_279269.jpg

MASTER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (FEATURING AIR CON FCU) - Cool right. (I secretly think I am good at puns.)

gallery_54206_9_286035.jpg

To Be Continued...

Continued...

MASTER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (WITH KDK 44" BABY FAN) - Yeah baby. (if you missed the pun for the earlier picture, here is another one to complete your weekend. :P)

gallery_54206_9_372912.jpg

OTHER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (WITH KDK 44" BABY FAN) - DAY TIME

gallery_54206_9_312911.jpg

- The fan installation is really good. Totally no wobble even at the maximum fan speed. THUMBS UP TO #POSHHOME WORKERS!!!:good:

OTHER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (WITH KDK 44" BABY FAN) - NIGHT TIME - And just to complete the photos, took one at night for everyone's appreciation... :)

gallery_54206_9_358072.jpg

Well oh well! That's the end of the FIREWORKS segment...

NEXT STOP, #ALSAFLOORING VINYL OVERLAY!!!

Was earlier coordinating with #MayTing from #Bilrich on my #Alsaflooring!!! They can finally come in to overlay the flooring!! #Bilrich advised that they usually wait until the ceiling works are completed before they come in to do the flooring installation because they want to be sure that the flooring don't get scratched while the ceiling works are going on.... Heh heh... :P

I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!! :sport-smiley-004: Was telling #MayTing that I wanted to lay my vinyl flooring in a certain direction... From what I read, you should always try to aim the direction of your flooring towards a light source (e.g. windows, doors) because that way, the lines can be accentuated & it can make the room look longer/ more spacey.. See the picture that I sent #MayTing below:

APPROVED (by #CalvinTan) #ALSAFLOOR LAYING DIRECTION (SEE BLUE ARROWS) - Disgusting handwriting belongs to the male-half of the LeonJennaWong team. Me lah. Hahaha...

gallery_54206_3_42266.jpg

*Yawn* It's getting late, I gotta go prepare for my ACTA course tomorrow... Till the next time, as always, have a good weekend fellas!!!:jammin:

FIN.

Edited by leonjennawong

Do u have dining lights? I thought u bought from grafunkt and xtra from the earlier posts ? I like those lights too

Hello bianzi! :) Good Sunday Morning to you!!

Yes I did buy 3x Slope Lights (in yellow, white and oak tones) from #Grafunkt & #Xtra!

Hehe I am so honoured and humbled that you still remember. :) :) :)

Those dining lights (and my normal ceiling lights for my bathrooms, household shelter and service yard) are not up yet! #CalvinTan says that they will be in after my carpentry goes up! Cheers!

P.S. On the way for my ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) course now.. Noooooo...

Continued from previous post…

TAOBAO #5) WHITISH GREY XYLOPHONE QUARTZ KITCHEN SINK

gallery_54206_413_49004.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.34.gbe9Ix&id=37275943735&pfrom=transfer

Ok I know the header says “QUARTZ” but do curb your enthusiasm… I know I had to. Haha… :P The actual product finish differed a bit from what you see in the photo.. The colour is not as white as what is depicted on the website, and the material feels more like some kind of cultured quartz.. :( Anyway still a reliable product for heavy duty use!! Moving on!

TAOBAO #6) MASTER BATHROOM WASH BASIN TAP

gallery_54206_413_24501.jpg

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37641649655

Regarding the picture, what you see is what you get. Very solid purchase.

TAOBAO #7) MASTER BATHROOM PHILIPS 5W DOWNLIGHT (TO BE INSTALLED ABOVE WASH BASINS)

gallery_54206_413_10038.jpg

This 5W LED light is just to provide some ambient spot lighting for both bathroom wash basin areas… :) The rotate-able function will allow us to direct the ambient light beam nicely onto the sink... Hehe... Wattage-rating advised by our beloved designer #CalvinTan..

TAOBAO #8) LED CEILING LIGHTS FOR BATHROOMS & SERVICE YARD & BOMB SHELTER

gallery_54206_413_14542.jpg

Normal looking ceiling lights for both bathrooms, service yard & the bomb shelter.. Insides are lined with numerous LED beads!! Bought the 24W version (45cm by 45cm) for my bathrooms, and the 15W version (40cm by 40cm) for the service yard & the bomb shelter... :)

TAOBAO #9) WHITE BLOCK CLOCK FOR MASTER BEDROOM

gallery_54206_413_51383.jpg

Pretty little bedside white block clock for our master bedroom!! Actually quite excited about how this #CalvinTan-approved block clock will fit into my Master Bedroom look.. Woohoo..

To Be Continued…

Hi Leon,

Very interesting kitchen sink purchase....this is the first time i came across anyone choosing a sink other than the usual stainless or granite..

I heard that the taobao stainless sinks tends to rust slightly...and black granite sinks may be hard to wash due to it's rough surface.

Now quartz sink really provided an alternative for me in buying an affordable sink from taobao...Will really like to hear a more detailed review from you after have start using it... for a start, may i know if the surface rough or smooth?

Enjoyed your blog. :good:

Is this the Trinity fan?

How much did it cost in Tampoi? The last I was there, it was not available but I tested it in Phylux locally and felt the wind was weak. Perhaps because it is a dc fan that needs time to gather speed and I run out of patience to prematurely concluded thus so after trying too many fans. What about the wind coverage? Narrow or wide?

Thanks for sharing!

gallery_54206_8_320945.jpg

CLOSE UP OF MY BELOVED ELMARK CEILING FAN - Wind power is strong!! And CFO just figured out that the fan setting can be set to turn either counter-clockwise OR clockwise!! Amazing!

gallery_54206_9_231060.jpg

Sorry missed you had already stated the price.

Any idea if there's any difference btw local and jb set? i.e. down rod length, mount bracket/hook type, remote, warranty?

Looks so similar to Amasco's Trinity. Now I'm not sure which is the one I tested in Phylux as this Aeronamics in Elmark has stronger wind feel. Could be the same just that i did not test it enough.

125106%20AM1-effiniti%20-3b%20DC%20Fan.j

Edited by Peter73

Hi Leon,

Very interesting kitchen sink purchase....this is the first time i came across anyone choosing a sink other than the usual stainless or granite..

I heard that the taobao stainless sinks tends to rust slightly...and black granite sinks may be hard to wash due to it's rough surface.

Now quartz sink really provided an alternative for me in buying an affordable sink from taobao...Will really like to hear a more detailed review from you after have start using it... for a start, may i know if the surface rough or smooth?

Hello PTopaz! :) Always a joy to have you here.. Hehehe... Thanks so so much for your kind comment.. :D Sure will give you more detailed review after I start using it!! You may take reference from the stone sinks found at Hoe Kee (near Paya Lebar MRT station).. The sink I got some TaoBao is not as smooth & as white-coloured as the one that CFO & I saw at Hoe Kee unfortunately. :( The TaoBao sink has more of a cultured-stone kind of feel to it...

Enjoyed your blog. :good:

Is this the Trinity fan?

How much did it cost in Tampoi? The last I was there, it was not available but I tested it in Phylux locally and felt the wind was weak. Perhaps because it is a dc fan that needs time to gather speed and I run out of patience to prematurely concluded thus so after trying too many fans. What about the wind coverage? Narrow or wide?

Thanks for sharing!

Sorry missed you had already stated the price.

Any idea if there's any difference btw local and jb set? i.e. down rod length, mount bracket/hook type, remote, warranty?

Looks so similar to Amasco's Trinity. Now I'm not sure which is the one I tested in Phylux as this Aeronamics in Elmark has stronger wind feel. Could be the same just that i did not test it enough.

125106%20AM1-effiniti%20-3b%20DC%20Fan.j

Hi hi Peter73!! I'm glad you are enjoying my blog so far! HEHEHE :) Sorry I'm not terribly certain if there is in fact any difference between the local set & JB set at all... I didn't go and find out much about the local set because the JB set already looked so 'complete' and I felt so assured about the purchase.. :rolleyes: (again, here's hoping I don't shoot myself in the foot here) But what I know is that warranty is only valid in Malaysia, so in the event of any problems (touch wood! touch plenty of wood!!!! HAHAHA. :P), you'll have to liaise with the Malaysia-based agent wor... Even though Elmark is a Singaporean company. *shrug* :dunno: Yeah I know, weird right... Everything else (rod-length, mounting U-hook, remote etc.) should be the same. :)

This Elmark Aeronamics definitely has a narrow & strong-wind sensation... This is relative to the wide & gentler wind generated by the 60" KDK fan that I bought for my parents... Anyway, regarding the weak wind speed that you experienced.. I'm certain it's not because the Elmark Aeronamic uses a DC motor... If I may, I actually suspect that when you were testing out the Elmark Aeronamics, the retailer had the fan on the 'reverse-rotation' mode... Now, in this mode; in contrast to pulling in air from the top & blowing it downwards like a conventional ceiling fan, the fan actually sucks air up from underneath (where you were probably standing) and pushes it up against the ceiling and outwards.... Which should be the reason why you didn't feel the directly-in-your-face-type of breeze that I am experiencing.... This is a setting that can be corrected just by pressing a button on the remote... Heh heh... Hope I helped Peter73!!

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

FUN FACT OF THE DAY:

DID YOU KNOW THAT LEONJENNAWONG’S VINYL #ALSAFLOORING HAS BEEN COMPLETED??

YESSSSSSS!!!! YEAHHHHH!! *hops on bed & jump jump jump.. OUCH. Hit my head on ceiling* Rub rub rub.

HAIYO! I TELL YOU HOR. THIS #EDGAR HOR. Forget to take photos and send me lei!!!(and that previous sentence my friends, was probably my most Singlish-laden sentence in this blog so far) I was so anxious after #MayTing from #Bilrich emailed me to tell me that the vinyl #Alsafloor was completed!! So excited that I couldn’t get anything done in the office that day!!

Laa laa laaaaa.... Too. Super. Happy. To. Do. Any. Thing. Else. Right. Now!! WOOHOO. Ok don’t talk so much, here’s a sneak preview first! Here you go!

BOOMZ.

(credit: Miss Ris Low)

LIVING/ DINING AREA #ALSAFLOOR OVERLAY - In case you were wondering, the Elmark Aeronamics ceiling fan was removed for a while because it needed a bit of re-balancing.. Hehe…

gallery_54206_8_134840.jpg

CLOSE-UP OF #ALSAFLOOR V03 EDEN OAK

gallery_54206_8_297117.jpg

The #Bilrich workers' workmanship is so FANTASTICALLY AWESOME & SO UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!! :D:D :D When I stepped into my house I just kept going “OMG. OMG. OMG.”… And I jumped for joy just a little bit more for good measure too. Wahahaha.. Please, pardon my immense excitement. HEE. :D

To show you just how good the workmanship is, I resort once again to the old saying of “a picture tells a thousand words”… Enjoy!

JOINING-LINE BETWEEN #ALSAFLOOR & WALL-SKIRTING (this excellent finish was not just for this section, but for the ENTIRE house)

gallery_54206_8_226104.jpg

SEAMLESS FINISH OF #ALSAFLOOR (FROM CORRIDOR PASSAGEWAY TO BEDROOM) & EXCELLENT JOINING-LINE FINISH AT DOOR-FRAME - THE MOST IMPRESSIVE PART OF THE WORKMANSHIP: Just look at the 'nooks & crevices' at the base of the door frame that the #Bilrich worker navigated so successfully... Also very nice flat & seamless finish from the corridor passageway flooring, leading into the bedrooms

gallery_54206_8_201509.jpg

#ALSAFLOOR TERMINATING JOINT AT MASTER BATHROOM (called T-mould; made of aluminium & used to link the elevated vinyl floor surface to the other tiled floor surfaces) - And also, TAKE THAT to contractors out there who say overlaying the ramp at the bathroom door can't be done.. lalala..

gallery_54206_8_24351.jpg

Extremely clean & tidy finish for the ENTIRE house. SEAMLESS, BEAUTIFUL FINISH, AT LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE CORNER & SIDE. :good:

What can I say... What you see above in the photos is what you get. I scrutinized all the joining-line relentlessly for the entire house, and every-where-is-superbly-finished. Very very satisfied with #Bilrich’s work. Really right up there and I think there is no other standard higher than their level of quality.

• The quality of the overlay was great with no uneven-ness
  • No 'hollow' sensation when I walked on it
  • Close scrutiny of the vinyl floor surfaces also do not show any scratches or defects
  • The entire process was also finished in double-quick time, within the 2-3 days estimate provided by #MayTing
  • The bottom of the HDB doors were cut very cleanly to accommodate the raised flooring

CFO & I are very happy & satisfied customers!! :)

Special mention must also go to our favourite superhero side-kick #Edgar from #PoshHome who was there to supervise the entire overlaying process for CFO & I… Don't know what we would do without his help too... #MayTing from #Bilrich even found it in her to commend him, and tell me that #Edgar was very responsible in handling the work… :) I am genuinely happy for this young man… A bright future awaits him! :thumbs up:

#MAYTING FROM #BILRICH

I think it's only fitting that I write a small section, dedicated to #MayTing from #Bilrich who consistently went out of her way to provide GEMS (Go Extra Mile Service) service to CFO & I! She was most patient through out the entire process & is such an efficient lady. When we finally decided on V03 Eden Oak, she even gave us some advice to make sure we knew that V03 Eden Oak, being the lightest colour in this #Alsafloor range, will offer a nice & bright feel that will contrast well with any darker colours, but will also show dirt more clearly.. On top of all that, our impression is that her service is genuine with no hidden agenda/ costs involved. Doubt that we will have much more interactions with her now that the flooring is done… Which is a pity.. If any of you guys drop down to #Bilrich, do help us to say hi to her! :)

Lastly, just a recap that #Bilrich is no longer offering the $4.50psf price anymore.. Though there have been some promotions on their facebook page recently if I recall correctly...

LOVIN' OUR VINYL FLOORING RIGHT NOW!! HEHE.

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

From the little knowledge that I gained from my ceiling fan purchase research 3 yrs ago and from recent visit to Tampoi, fans sold in Malaysia usually comes with U-hook. 3 years ago, someone in this forum posted wobbling issue for his JB purchased fan I wanted to buy which was why I chose to buy from SG even though it cost double! The fan I bought locally came with a ball bracket instead (think of it like car phone holder ball joint, quite rigid but yet with free play when pushed) so it wouldn't wobble and will even stay in position if i were to purposely tilt it sideways (it would eventually slowly recenter itself). Fans sold in Malaysia also usually come with longer down rods that may contribute to the wobble but some shops do offer a shorter one or will advise to diy it shorter to fit our pathetic HDB ceiling height. Back then, I only needed one for the room, else I would have considered across the causeway too....like now for my new flat where I need 5 fans. But according to Mr Ang from Tampoi, U-hook when installed correctly should not wobble. So it could be due to improper installation or imbalance blades (some fans blades need to stick on balancing weight).

I'm also thinking of mounting ceiling fans on false ceiling cos I like a full false ceiling concept. What's the height of the lowest point of your fan to the floor? I'm told local Aeronamics comes with 7" down rod. Total depth of the fan is 15" including the down rod. If its the same as yours, isn't it too low for comfort mounting on false ceiling? 4"? Typical ceiling height except top floor is 102" (2.6m) - 15" fan - 4" false ceiling = 2.1m about the height of a door that can be easily reached just by raising my hand. Might need to shorten the rod but may sacrifice some wind feel the closer the fan gets to ceiling.

I hope it work out for you. I could use some valuable first hand experience.