Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

OIC.. for yours, do u roughly know how many boxes of craftbricks u used?

sorry, i do not know leh... for this white bricks wall, we really left it up to K to do, cos we trusted him with it.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Could you please send me your reno quote from Mr K for reference?

My email is simplyshannie@yahoo.com

Many thanks! :)

Sorry to all who have been dropping messages here and PM-ing me to ask for quotation or even breakdowns, I won't be providing the breakdown la.. so I will just PM u all my total cost? Hope you all don't mind la... Just to be fair to Mr K, I wouldn't want to be spreading around his quotation breakdown as it may go to other IDs/contractors in the same line too... Anyways, I've taken away items like flooring and electricity, so it may not be accurate for you too.. My renovation is still on-going, there's bound to have some plus/minus de... I can only say his quotations will be around 30K and above..

Just to add-on, K uses Whatsapp and calls directly on the phone a lot, but only in Mandarin. If you are not comfortable in typing chinese, then it may cause some communication problem. He is still quite sincere and efficient in his works, and will really advise you when you need to make decisions. As for those who are still asking for Mr K's contact, I believe most of Mr K's customers including myself, have already put his contacts in our signatures. :deal:

Edited by hojichalatte

Update: Day 57

Ok! So... our cement screed flooring issue was resolved after I spoke to this HDB contractor. Well, my advice to all is, never go harsh with contractors. They are more of 吃軟不吃硬 type! Hehehe.. when I saw him, I remembered he was the one who did the first round of cement screed for us, but when he saw the uneven bumps on the ground, he said it couldn't have been done by him, so I just act blur and kinda agreed and asked him will he please pleaseeeee help us to resolve these bumpy issues.... and he said not a problem at all, no issue, will come the next day and ta~da, within a day, the issue was fixed!! Something that can be done so quickly, they dragged two weeks of our time... what can I say, sigh!

A few picture updates... the service yard windows have been installed... we are not going to install window grilles at the moment.

13865397685_fc1f351818_c.jpg

And also, the first round painting was done without us knowing... hahaa... we just went in and saw whole unit was painted, within a day!!

Bathroom sanitary wares and Kitchen sink & mixer were all delivered to the house, so we also moved our lighting purchases from Taobao to the bomb shelter! It's exciting seeing the house progressed at last....

13865780874_ca91ea4836_c.jpg

Next up.. CARPENTRY.

So headache la... we have to decide every inch to every millimetre, choosing of laminates, and also not sure how they are going to look in the end. Just fingers crossed!! Not sure if this is part of what a contractor will offer, but Mr A actually did drawings for us! this is a sample drawing of our kitchen he has drawn for us... although progress is slow, last week we already kinda discussed on the carpentry designs, but only this week he is confirming our drawings sending in to their factory, but I still appreciate the fact that he was still working at midnight last night, and whatsapp-ing with us to to confirm all our carpentry designs... so really, folks out there, if you want to engage Mr K's services, I must say you really have to be patient!!

13865664495_c13d3c231b_o.jpg

Meanwhile.... we are also just waiting for Evorich people to do our flooring this week!! :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

Edited by hojichalatte

i heard K used to be superb last time.. maybe as time passes he got more and more business liao so not so fast liao lor

hahahaa... K still quite superb de.. his men can finish off the work within a day de.. but just that the project is progressing in weeks instead of days, instead of working 7 days per week, they maybe work 1-2 days per week!! so in d end, progress very slow lorrrr...

Update: Day 63 (as of 15th Apr)

And so, flooring was done last Tuesday, but because we haven't install lights, so we can only pop over to see during daytime in the weekends! very fast, it's almost a week since... the floors are sooooo dusty that the pictures can't really justify how it looks in real.

13936540212_6a137c9487_c.jpg

Mr Hojicha reminded me that someone asked for a close-up of the bricks, here it is. ;)

13959711933_78961b47d6_c.jpg

Edited by hojichalatte

• Like 2