Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

Update: Day 29

Wow, it's been almost a month... still nothing much to update!!

On the bright side, I really really love my dream walls~~~~ brick wall and 3D subway tiles~~ Wheeee....... :wub:

13397566344_661c81f613_c.jpg

I've a question here: should I paint the craftbricks white?

Cement works are now completed, next up, ceiling works (i.e. box up).... painting, carpentry, flooring all pending in the queue....

Hi Hoji

Are the bricks in its original state? Love the colour of it!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Hoji

Are the bricks in its original state? Love the colour of it!

Hi hellonub,

Yes, they are in its original state! And yes, we have decided not to paint white over it already!! :D

Edited by hojichalatte

Thanks fellow renotalkers for the replies!! Ok! Set! I will not paint it then!

@alfredt u got a point too, can paint it down the road few years later if it gets dirty! Heehehhe...

enigma, mine is also almost a month already mah.. haha...

Psst.. Your electrical works n brick wall is up within one month.. Mine excludes those.. Lol

Btw, how many tilers did u have? I got a team of 3; then reduced to 2 at around 3rd week (thereabout) onwards.

Psst.. Your electrical works n brick wall is up within one month.. Mine excludes those.. Lol

Btw, how many tilers did u have? I got a team of 3; then reduced to 2 at around 3rd week (thereabout) onwards.

I don't really know how many tilers cos we weren't around when work was done.. and I didn't ask too.. as long as the work is done lah... =D

I don't really know how many tilers cos we weren't around when work was done.. and I didn't ask too.. as long as the work is done lah... =D

My tiler with K started with 1 guy and ended with 1 guy during my time. there was another one who came by in the middle stage. My tiling work took 3 weeks to complete.

Update: Day 29

Wow, it's been almost a month... still nothing much to update!!

On the bright side, I really really love my dream walls~~~~ brick wall and 3D subway tiles~~ Wheeee....... :wub:

13397566344_661c81f613_c.jpg

I've a question here: should I paint the craftbricks white?

Cement works are now completed, next up, ceiling works (i.e. box up).... painting, carpentry, flooring all pending in the queue....

Hi,

Your brick wall looks good! are you able to take close up photo of it?

We started thinking about kitchen instead of living room, because kitchen requires most carpentry work to be done.. and this is my PERFECT IDEAL kitchen.

The thing is, we don't get wood solid tops in Singapore. Unless we go for laminate tops, which everyone has been discouraging us on that idea... so maybe we will go for all white.... or, light oak cabinets and white top. hee...

12604528154_97234e90e9_b.jpg

Bamboo countertop is gaining popularity now.. hv a look at them.

Renewable, green and solid.

Have spoken to K to top up $888 to quartstone countertops, instead of laminate worktops initially in our initial quotation.. sigh.. see money fliesssss again!!

Didn't heard of Bamboo kitchen countertops before this, thanks for sharing, guys!! The Hojichas love the idea of how bamboo is green for the environment!!

As for IKEA, i loved how it looks totally, just like the picture I shared earlier, but.. but.. I don't dare to take the risk as Kitchen (cabinets/worktops) is a place where we won't wanna change in 5-10years, better go the safe way!! ;p

By the way, some wordy updates here. We were told to choose the colours for painting. Nippon or Dulux, are they the same good? Or is there good & bad between the two brands? We are looking at White for the whole unit from Nippon Easy Wash Vs Dulux Wash-and-Wear..

K said he will not let Evorich people in till later stage.. till before Carpentry. hahaha.. I guess he's really buay gum with this company!! So my flooring will only be done much later then....

Have spoken to K to top up $888 to quartstone countertops, instead of laminate worktops initially in our initial quotation.. sigh.. see money fliesssss again!!

Didn't heard of Bamboo kitchen countertops before this, thanks for sharing, guys!! The Hojichas love the idea of how bamboo is green for the environment!!

As for IKEA, i loved how it looks totally, just like the picture I shared earlier, but.. but.. I don't dare to take the risk as Kitchen (cabinets/worktops) is a place where we won't wanna change in 5-10years, better go the safe way!! ;p

I am intending on going the Ikea butcher block kitchen tops way! Unfortunately I have yet to collect my keys, so can't blog about it yet.

• Like 1