Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Update: Day 53

C'mon, give us a break!

As I've mentioned before.. previously, the HDB contractor who did a cement screed for us before the hack, needs to re-do part of the floor to screed it evenly, so that we can do our Evorich flooring... but this hdb contractor uncle is such a bully! He is so fierce to all of us, yelling at us... blaming us why do cement screen before hacking the walls, bla bla bla... anyway, *fast rewind* two weeks ago, he agreed to re-do the cement screeding.... so we asked a favor from the in-laws to go up open the door for him. Who knows, he promised to turn up at 3pm, but kept our old folks standing there for an hour and only turned up at 4pm... then he did a simple 10-min job, and left.... the flooring is still not even!! Subsequently, we fixed various appointments with him, he never turns up the last minute and postpones our appointments.... now we have reached the stage that is critical we need him to do the flooring, so that Evorich people can come in next week. From last Saturday, he changed to this Monday, and this Monday, he say not free again!! I really don't know what to do with him too...

Anyway, last week nothing much has been done... except finalising our carpentry designs and paint colour. The only thing done was to fix the toilet bowls back, and showerscreens.

13711253235_3ac7269a24_c.jpg

Call us the green-est newbies in renovation...

but we really didn't thought of this. Hahaha.. need to ask K see what can he do to prevent this bumping of handles....

Else we will just have to keep in mind that we can't open the toilet door while the showerscreen is closed...

13711628024_5fc3a708d3.jpg

By right, this week painting should be taking place.

Seems like both Mr K and Mr A have something cropped up personally, so they haven't start any painting yet.... but they are really nice.. they spent time discussing a lot of carpentry design issues with us via Whatsapp even late at night.... we really appreciate that!

Edited by hojichalatte

You can consider putting fixed stopper to prevent full swing.

(*Hope this helps)

Yeah, but i'm just wondering, where should the fixed stopper be fixed? coz when the door is open to the max, behind it, there are no walls, just the glass door...

Hi ya! i love your brick wall! love the peachy tones.. craftstones right? may i know how much mr k charged u for that?

hi retroquix, yeah, they are craftbricks to be exact. :P

How much it cost is based on the square ft measurements, mine cost $3.8k.

Yeah, but i'm just wondering, where should the fixed stopper be fixed? coz when the door is open to the max, behind it, there are no walls, just the glass door...

I will fixed it to the floor which is near to the entrance to prevent the least blockage

I will fixed it to the floor which is near to the entrance to prevent the least blockage

Hmm.. can fixed to floor ah? I thought it has to be fixed on the wall de...

is it those magnetic door stopper, like what the rest of the rooms come with?

hi retroquix, yeah, they are craftbricks to be exact. :P

How much it cost is based on the square ft measurements, mine cost $3.8k.

Hi Hoji, glad to hear that you didnt paint over the craftbricks! How big was your wall for 3+k? Thanks!

Hmm.. can fixed to floor ah? I thought it has to be fixed on the wall de...

is it those magnetic door stopper, like what the rest of the rooms come with?

I remember seeing some rubber type which is fixed to the floor type.

Hi Hoji, glad to hear that you didnt paint over the craftbricks! How big was your wall for 3+k? Thanks!

Hi hellonub, i don't really know exact measurements.. but it's the whole stretch from entrance door to the end of the wall...

I remember seeing some rubber type which is fixed to the floor type.

Ok, i think i got that, thankz!

is there any diff color of craftbricks for u to select? or u just tell ya contractor u wan craftbricks can liao?

Hi xiaohuiis, yes, there are different colours of craftbricks to pick from. In fact, there are different sizes of bricks too... if you go to Hafary/Soon Bee Huat/any tiles shop, you can take a look at them, I took a picture of the one I wanted, that's the white craftbricks to show to K, and he will know what to do. For some other contractors who never done brickwalls before, you may need to advise them on the gaps in between the bricks and gouting colour you prefer... ;)

• Like 1

Hi xiaohuiis, yes, there are different colours of craftbricks to pick from. In fact, there are different sizes of bricks too... if you go to Hafary/Soon Bee Huat/any tiles shop, you can take a look at them, I took a picture of the one I wanted, that's the white craftbricks to show to K, and he will know what to do. For some other contractors who never done brickwalls before, you may need to advise them on the gaps in between the bricks and gouting colour you prefer... ;)

For urs, do u have the code name or serial name ?