Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

Hey enigma, almost there, almost there!

Lets' all gambatte!!

Your carpentry is up already? Nice!!

Ps. Your process caught up with mine.. Am still at drawing... :P :P :P almost there, almost there...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Update: Day 76 (as of 28th April 2014)

At last, carpentry (excluding mirrors/tabletops) is all up!! OMG!! I did a re-count of the days starting from 11th Feb, and it's actually 76 days since then~~~~~ Sigh! Really super duper slow!!!!!

Slight delay on the updates as we are so busy with packing and lights. Less talking... more pictures on the carpentry first!

14130730263_e1e48202dd_c.jpg

14131137783_d4612ee30b_c.jpg

14087515496_b09ebe7ca6_c.jpg

14130729963_a87064789c_c.jpg

Lightings are also up by now, but I haven't got time to upload the pictures yet. Stay tuned! :D

Edited by hojichalatte

• Like 2

Update: Day 78

We are getting excited about moving in, have already started packing, but seems like there are still many things pending to be done! We have picked a good date for moving in on the 18th May. Today is already the 5th May, by right, K's notice of renovation states renovation will be done by 6th May, can we really move on time?? :dunno:

1) Kitchen & Bathroom Tabletops; we have just selected the designs, selection is really limited I'll say.

2) Mirrors for Bathroom and Wardrobe

3) Sanitary wares to be installed after table tops

4) Cushion for our custom-made bench (we even went to buy cloth for them as we also didn't like the cloth selection they have for us)

5) Gain City Air-con installation

6) Last layer of painting + Painting of all bedroom doors

7) Chemical Wash

Issues pending K's men to work on, so that our electrician can complete his works

- Subway tiles to be filled up for the hood area, so that our electrician can fix the hood up, currently, that area is still cement screed wall.

- Walk-in Wardrobe needs to drill a hole for LED light strip to go through the boards.

- Some wiring issues related to how carpentry was done.

- Water pipes for water heater pending plumber.

Looking at the longggg list above, it's really worrying!

Day 78 is really 七上八下!

:angry2:

Edited by hojichalatte

Just wondering where is your "walk-in" wardrobe located?

at the bottom right of your master bedroom?

Edited by xiaohuiis

Just wondering where is your "walk-in" wardrobe located?

at the bottom right of your master bedroom?

Hello xiaohuiis, yeap, that's right.

it's in the master bedroom, when I walk-in from the door, it will be the wardrobe, then the bed.

I texted Mr K last Friday and he replied me with Chinese text. Could be that he is not well conversed in English? :(

Move to other contractor/ID then.

Yeah, K always type in Mandarin.

Read here-->

Just to add-on, K uses Whatsapp and calls directly on the phone a lot, but only in Mandarin. If you are not comfortable in typing chinese, then it may cause some communication problem. He is still quite sincere and efficient in his works, and will really advise you when you need to make decisions.

OK for the love of God, I have no idea how to quote before replying! HAHA.

I saw your post but I went on to look at H2O website so I thought, why not? But you are right. Maybe he is more comfortable conversing in Chinese so it is best I continue looking for an ID else I will worry we might not be able to communicate important stuff.

Anyways, will you be looking into pure Scandi?

No prob, everyone should find a contractor/ID whom you can feel relieved and assured to hand your house to him.

We are trying to be as "scandinavian-themed" as we can! But maybe not that pure after all.. hee.... =p

OK for the love of God, I have no idea how to quote before replying! HAHA.

I saw your post but I went on to look at H2O website so I thought, why not? But you are right. Maybe he is more comfortable conversing in Chinese so it is best I continue looking for an ID else I will worry we might not be able to communicate important stuff.

Anyways, will you be looking into pure Scandi?

Hey enigma, almost there, almost there!

Lets' all gambatte!!

Hoji, you ain't super slow... I am!! Lolllll... I started since October ... :P :p

Hoji, you ain't super slow... I am!! Lolllll... I started since October ... :P :P

Haiyo! Really wonder whattttt they are doing man... business is reallly too good until they not keen to earn $ issit, work so slow, means receive money also slow leh...

Haiyo! Really wonder whattttt they are doing man... business is reallly too good until they not keen to earn $ issit, work so slow, means receive money also slow leh...

Hahahaha... Not their fault; We are very relaxed on our side as well.. Taking our own sweet time.. He did hurry me a few times. (快点,快点, 快点)Lollll

Speaking of pymt, I only made once till date (work commenced before any was made) so you might be right about them not keen in money! Lolllllll how about your side?