Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

By the way, some wordy updates here. We were told to choose the colours for painting. Nippon or Dulux, are they the same good? Or is there good & bad between the two brands? We are looking at White for the whole unit from Nippon Easy Wash Vs Dulux Wash-and-Wear..

K said he will not let Evorich people in till later stage.. till before Carpentry. hahaha.. I guess he's really buay gum with this company!! So my flooring will only be done much later then....

I have both Nippon and dulux paint on my walls. Nippon for the white and dulux for the colours. Both are the same to me after 6 months.

One thing I feel is that the range of dulux colours is better than Nippon in my opinion. That was my experience in choosing greys.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have both Nippon and dulux paint on my walls. Nippon for the white and dulux for the colours. Both are the same to me after 6 months.

One thing I feel is that the range of dulux colours is better than Nippon in my opinion. That was my experience in choosing greys.

Thanks, greglhc. We are thinking of picking the same White for the whole unit, so there won't be any colours..... Sigh! This picking of paint is seriously another deep topic. Now then I understand the quotation only offers ICI Dulux/Nippon paint with water sealer, and the type of paint we can pick is Pentalite/Wash and wear.. any Odourless/Easy Wash/Oil Sealer paint will need to top up $$$$...

:angry2: :angry2:

Thanks, greglhc. We are thinking of picking the same White for the whole unit, so there won't be any colours..... Sigh! This picking of paint is seriously another deep topic. Now then I understand the quotation only offers ICI Dulux/Nippon paint with water sealer, and the type of paint we can pick is Pentalite/Wash and wear.. any Odourless/Easy Wash/Oil Sealer paint will need to top up $$$$...

:angry2: :angry2:

I used all entry level grade paints: odourless easy wash for nippon - which was a white and pentalite for my greys.

All good. Just use water based. Easy to paint over once you want to change colour. Heh

I used all entry level grade paints: odourless easy wash for nippon - which was a white and pentalite for my greys.

All good. Just use water based. Easy to paint over once you want to change colour. Heh

Pentalite is entry level but Odourless Easy Wash is the premium one.

Oil based sealer (like Nippon 5170) is better and last longer. Only slightly more expensive than the water based one.

Oil based sealer (like Nippon 5170) is better and last longer. Only slightly more expensive than the water based one.

Ah ok. I've tried the oil based sealer before. After some time it tends to peel off in large flakes.

Ah ok. I've tried the oil based sealer before. After some time it tends to peel off in large flakes.

I see, thanks both for your valuable feedback!

Before this, we were looking at Sail White and Chalk White in Nippon Odourless EasyWash colours, but have not really studied Dulux colour palettes yet.... hehehe.. we were just thinking, no no no, no more top up any more liao... will just go with Pentalite White with water sealer. (seriously hope there is a nice white for me to choose from!! will go home and look at the book again... sigh!)

I see, thanks both for your valuable feedback!

Before this, we were looking at Sail White and Chalk White in Nippon Odourless EasyWash colours, but have not really studied Dulux colour palettes yet.... hehehe.. we were just thinking, no no no, no more top up any more liao... will just go with Pentalite White with water sealer. (seriously hope there is a nice white for me to choose from!! will go home and look at the book again... sigh!)

I will follow your blog for the choice of white colour!

Will be painting mostly white for my house as well, but have not reached the stage of choosing paint yet.. :)

Edited by guojiawen

• Like 1

I got all 'white' for my place too.

Nippon paint : Sail white in living room. Lilac white for all bedrooms. Not sure what is the difference in the paint types coz I can't tell....living room is medifresh, Bedrooms are vinilex 5000.

Nippon doesn't seem to have 'pure' whites for walls?

From what I can see, Sail white is actually an off-white under dim lighting. Lilac white has a hint of purple. My ceiling is plain 'Mattex' white, I do see a difference in the 'whites' when I take a pic. Heh....not all whites are equal. :P

No oil based sealer / paint for my place but I don't see the problem...no kids going to draw on my walls so easywash is 'over-kill' for me.

Edited by koori

Nippon Easywash and Medifresh have brilliant white. It is semi-glossy. Code for Medifresh is 5188 if i remember correctly.

I got all 'white' for my place too.

Nippon paint : Sail white in living room. Lilac white for all bedrooms. Not sure what is the difference in the paint types coz I can't tell....living room is medifresh, Bedrooms are vinilex 5000.

Nippon doesn't seem to have 'pure' whites for walls?

From what I can see, Sail white is actually an off-white under dim lighting. Lilac white has a hint of purple. My ceiling is plain 'Mattex' white, I do see a difference in the 'whites' when I take a pic. Heh....not all whites are equal. :P

No oil based sealer / paint for my place but I don't see the problem...no kids going to draw on my walls so easywash is 'over-kill' for me.

Thanks koori, I like Sail White too, but too bad Pentalite doesn't have this colour.. :( I also dun have kids problem, but I was just wondering maybe if I very clumsy dirtied the walls myself, at least can wash? kekeke...

Nippon Easywash and Medifresh have brilliant white. It is semi-glossy. Code for Medifresh is 5188 if i remember correctly.

I only have the choice of Pentailte and Wash-and-Wear, however, K is telling me Wash-and-wear paint cannot be touched up... say will have two tones, and especially during renovation, it's bound to bump and knock into walls, so he suggest we just go for Pentalite instead. Had a look at Pentalite 2013 catalogue last night, it doesn't have the samples for White / Brilliant White, the "whites" are mostly tinted with other colours.... since you mentioned brilliant white... any pictures of walls painted in White / Brilliant White? Can share pictures with me to see how the colour looks like after painted on the walls? Even Google Images doesn't have answer for me...... :(

Thanks koori, I like Sail White too, but too bad Pentalite doesn't have this colour.. :( I also dun have kids problem, but I was just wondering maybe if I very clumsy dirtied the walls myself, at least can wash? kekeke...

I only have the choice of Pentailte and Wash-and-Wear, however, K is telling me Wash-and-wear paint cannot be touched up... say will have two tones, and especially during renovation, it's bound to bump and knock into walls, so he suggest we just go for Pentalite instead. Had a look at Pentalite 2013 catalogue last night, it doesn't have the samples for White / Brilliant White, the "whites" are mostly tinted with other colours.... since you mentioned brilliant white... any pictures of walls painted in White / Brilliant White? Can share pictures with me to see how the colour looks like after painted on the walls? Even Google Images doesn't have answer for me...... :(

I am not familiar with Dulux.

Nippon:-

Brilliant white is only for Nippon Easy Wash and Nippon Medifresh. Semi-glossy.

Vinilex 5000 also has white. Code is 5048 if i remember correctly. Btw, Vinilex 5000 is matte.

Anyway, they are also not in Nippon catalogue......but if you ask the Nippon paint reseller (like Siong Hua, estore), they will know.

I am not familiar with Dulux.

Nippon:-

Brilliant white is only for Nippon Easy Wash and Nippon Medifresh. Semi-glossy.

Vinilex 5000 also has white. Code is 5048 if i remember correctly. Btw, Vinilex 5000 is matte.

Anyway, they are also not in Nippon catalogue......but if you ask the Nippon paint reseller (like Siong Hua, estore), they will know.

Maybe I should pay a visit to the resellers to check them out. hee hee.. thanks again!

For those glossy type, it will have 2 different color tones when repaint thus you cannot touchup type.

For matte kind, you will not have this issue but only limited choices ...

Edited by Songz

• Like 2