Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

Hi there, unable to drop you a pm. Do you mind sharing how much u paid psf for the HERF from evorich? Thank you.

hi there, i think the market price for Evorich HERF is around $6 to $6.25 psf..

Apparently, K doesn't work with Evorich, and he gives me an impression that they have some "serious" grudges before.. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

nice! window frames are painted black or u replace them?

Thanks Takaishi! They only look like black (if only they are really black!) they are actually very dark-brown aluminum... hehehee, they came default from HDB... this is a new flat, so we can't replace windows yet leh.. i actually dislike the side push-out windows... i worry they may rust, and get stuck as time goes by... =p

Sorry to all who have been dropping messages here and PM-ing me to ask for quotation or even breakdowns, I won't be providing the breakdown la.. so I will just PM u all my total cost? Hope you all don't mind la... Just to be fair to Mr K, I wouldn't want to be spreading around his quotation breakdown as it may go to other IDs/contractors in the same line too... Anyways, I've taken away items like flooring and electricity, so it may not be accurate for you too.. My renovation is still on-going, there's bound to have some plus/minus de... I can only say his quotations will be around 30K and above..

Just to add-on, K uses Whatsapp and calls directly on the phone a lot, but only in Mandarin. If you are not comfortable in typing chinese, then it may cause some communication problem. He is still quite sincere and efficient in his works, and will really advise you when you need to make decisions. As for those who are still asking for Mr K's contact, I believe most of Mr K's customers including myself, have already put his contacts in our signatures. :deal:

Hi, can you send to me again?

miichele.tan@gmail.com

Hi all, I've PM-ed all those who asked, and have also cleared my inbox! :)

Here's slightly more updates and information on our Evorich flooring, since I received a few queries about them.

The design we picked is High End Resilient Flooring (HERF) - Markham Oak Light, without skirting. Evorich people told us there isn't a need to do skirting for their flooring.

As for how they quote, they will first give an estimated quote based on floor plan. Upon confirmation, before starting work, they will send someone down to your unit to do an actual site measure, it shouldn't differ much. The final quote will include an estimate of 5% wastage. Just for reference sake, a 4-room unit flooring (living room + 3 bedrooms), it's about 727 sqft.

Based on our parents feedback, coz they watched over the workers on our behalf as we had to work. The Evorich people acted efficiently, they sent someone to bring up all the required materials the day before, and on the actual day, they were very punctual too, came with 6 men, working on different areas of the house. Started around 9am, finished by 2plus in the afternoon... However, unlike tiling, they do not leave extra materials behind for us, they cleared up everything and left.

We asked Mr K to do us a favor by going up for inspection on a separate occasion, I shall ignore the fact that he wasn't on good terms with them, but,

he indeed gave us some constructive feedback!

1) The tiles near to the walls were hollow, as he knocked the flooring to show us the difference in how they sound.

2) The finishings were not gel up with silicon.

3) The kitchen tiles done by HDB, were of different height as the living room, as we have hacked the kitchen walls, it's especially obvious. So, Evorich people added a trimming on top, the closest colour they have is still of a different shade, anyways, the point is an aluminium strip would have been better and more durable.

And so, we checked back with Evorich, we will need to top up $65 for that aluminium trimming, so we decided to leave it until it gives way then we change lah.. and they will send men down to re-do the hollow parts by adding more maxborne glue to secure it.

Ok, tata, that's all for my flooring updates!

:):):)

I have been following yr reno... LOOKS FABULOUS though not complete yet. can imagine already. :jammin:

Btw who is this mysterious MR K? Care to share?

Thanks, manja13.

Mr K is no mysterious at all, if you browse around in renotalk t-blog, you will see many of his projects.. that's also how I found him. Heh.. and I've already shared his contact number and company name in my signature ah!

I have been following yr reno... LOOKS FABULOUS though not complete yet. can imagine already. :jammin:

Btw who is this mysterious MR K? Care to share?

Thanks, manja13.

Mr K is no mysterious at all, if you browse around in renotalk t-blog, you will see many of his projects.. that's also how I found him. Heh.. and I've already shared his contact number and company name in my signature ah!

Just realized mobile t-blog doesn't show signatures!

Here you go:

contractor: H2O Interior Renovation

Mr K (mobile: 9022 2321)

Thanks all for your kind and comforting comments, Songz, enigma, enadee and plainsharon.

I guess.. what's done cannot be undone, will just see how we can make things move better forward ba!! Hai!

Update: Day 22

As you can see, my reno process is going at a really slow speed.... almost a month, and it's still cement works. Mainly because there are just many issues with here and there.. now the flooring is not even between Bedroom 3 and Living Room, we are still talking and talking to the HDB contractor who did the cement screed. Here's another pointer for all those who intend to hack your walls... please do not rush into applying for cement screed before you hack your walls or do any electric works.... now we have this big problem, after hacking, it's obvious that the floors are not even, and the Evorich people cannot start their flooring works unless we make the floors even... :(

Anyway, meantime, Mr K and Mr A sent me some pictures via Whatsapp... they have made good the hacked areas and started with cement works...

I've created some collages for easier viewing..

13234408884_cc7fb9da2a_c.jpg

What got me really excited is... how my bathrooms looked! Whheeeeee... *whistles*

The wall tiles should be grey in colour, but lighting made it look different. but whenever I see the hideous aircon trunking then i wanna sigh again.. so ugly!

but cover that part don't see, i love how everything look together, especially the wood tiles ~~ hehehehee :notti:

13234222423_7345cac732_c.jpg

And does this justify the grey tiles slightly more?

13234221415_18eaf53889_z.jpg

For a second, I panicked... everything in the bathroom was removed, no toilet-bowls no wash basins no shower-heads... where are they??? Did they throw them away? Oh no!

No no no no... they are quietly seated in the bomb shelter la! hahaha..

13234219455_13e0e1c481_c.jpg

Ok, that's all for the moment. Will wait for more updates from K.. hoping to see the subway tiles and white bricks up this week!!! *pray*

Hello there! Ur flat is looking good with everything being put together!

Im wondering what type of floor tiles u used for the toilet? Is it mean for bathroom only?

• Like 1

Update: Day 56

And so, flooring was done last Tuesday, but because we haven't install lights, so we can only pop over to see during daytime in the weekends! very fast, it's almost a week since... the floors are sooooo dusty that the pictures can't really justify how it looks in real.

13936540212_6a137c9487_c.jpg

Mr Hojicha reminded me that someone asked for a close-up of the bricks, here it is. ;)

13959711933_78961b47d6_c.jpg

Your color scheme looks really pretty! =)

Hello there! Ur flat is looking good with everything being put together!

Im wondering what type of floor tiles u used for the toilet? Is it mean for bathroom only?

Thanks, 11finger! We picked wood floor tiles from Hafary for our bathrooms.. it's not just for bathrooms de, can be used anywhere in the house too.. we picked a similar shade so that it matches the rest of our unit.. ;)

Thanks, 11finger! We picked wood floor tiles from Hafary for our bathrooms.. it's not just for bathrooms de, can be used anywhere in the house too.. we picked a similar shade so that it matches the rest of our unit.. ;)

It gives a very resort / spa feel :good:

• Like 1

Your carpentry is up already? Nice!!

Ps. Your process caught up with mine.. Am still at drawing... :P :p :P almost there, almost there...