Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Great progress on the Reno :good:

With so many projects, Mr K side can still maintain good works. His sub con must be really good

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Great progress on the Reno :good:

With so many projects, Mr K side can still maintain good works. His sub con must be really good

thanks songz!

i don't know if it's cos i'm very sui bian or what, but so far only one issue that i felt seemed more major. the shoe cabinet bench area was not aligned properly with the full height cabinet area. i called mr k and sent him a picture and he straightaway admitted that it wasn't done properly and he will get his guys to redo. so ya, can't complain.

everything else seems like minor issues (occasional rough edges in carpentry). so i predict that we will peacefully resolve these at one shot at the end of reno.

really crossing fingers that everything left will be completed smoothly! it's been a smooth sailing journey so far and i'm very glad for it :)

hi neighbour! u guessed the block right haha :) how is your reno going? my husband wasn't 100% into the idea of craftbrick at first too but now we both love it :P hope to see you around too!!

Currently reno ongoing,handover 2nd week June..hopefully things will turn out ok,btw me frm Blk B

Btw LemonCandy,can share wats ur Kitchen cabinet concrete base bottom depth size?

Sumhw our kitchen at the other smaller side can't accomodate to the concrete base depth of more than 50cm..how did Mr K do it for u?

Any Guru's care to advise if Kitchen cabinet concrete base wif a depth of less than 50cm be Ok,cos anymore than 50cm the concrete base will protrude out of the Service Yard door width 😔😔

Edited by AzySic

Btw LemonCandy,can share wats ur Kitchen cabinet concrete base bottom depth size?

Sumhw our kitchen at the other smaller side can't accomodate to the concrete base depth of more than 50cm..how did Mr K do it for u?

Any Guru's care to advise if Kitchen cabinet concrete base wif a depth of less than 50cm be Ok,cos anymore than 50cm the concrete base will protrude out of the Service Yard door width

hey, for the smaller side, our concrete base is definitely less than 50cm. the countertop depth is about 50cm or slightly less. i'm not sure what's the exact measurement though!

Well,my ID told me tat the base will remain as 50cm but the cabinet will still remain as 60cm..told me not to worry bout the base being smaller as it will not affect anytin and she will ensure the cabinet and top will be fine,really crossing my fingers bout tis 😥😥

Dunno why HDB has to design the other side smaller 😔😔

Well,my ID told me tat the base will remain as 50cm but the cabinet will still remain as 60cm..told me not to worry bout the base being smaller as it will not affect anytin and she will ensure the cabinet and top will be fine,really crossing my fingers bout tis

Dunno why HDB has to design the other side smaller

yes the kitchen design is quite a headache. the deep side has 12cm concave which my contractor boxed up eventually... wasted the space. oh and 2nd week of june is soon! so exciting!

yes the kitchen design is quite a headache. the deep side has 12cm concave which my contractor boxed up eventually... wasted the space. oh and 2nd week of june is soon! so exciting!

Haha yea yea cant wait for D-day!!😀😀 Btw u Taobao-ing tings for the New Home?

Oh yea,are u gonna install any Solar/Uv Films on the windows?

Haha yea yea cant wait for D-day!! Btw u Taobao-ing tings for the New Home?

Oh yea,are u gonna install any Solar/Uv Films on the windows?

i bought lights from taobao. not planning to buy anymore at the moment. haven't thought of installing films yet! did you install? any review?

i bought lights from taobao. not planning to buy anymore at the moment. haven't thought of installing films yet! did you install? any review?

Yea tinkin on installing,currently sourcing for it..most quotes i got for 3Bedrooms/Living Solar Film is $500 above

If any kind souls here has gd intro for Solar/Uv Films installation do share wif us

Also heard reflective ones are not adviseable to install as if the light were to shine and reflects the light,it may irritate the across neighbour flat,really got such tings😳😳

Edited by AzySic

Also heard reflective ones are not adviseable to install as if the light were to shine and reflects the light,it may irritate the across neighbour flat,really got such tings

Yes, reflective can be like mirror. If installed in condominiums, likely the management corporation will come after you. If installed in HDB, someone may complain to HDB.

My kitchen design is problematic too!! Wanted to plan based on our workflow in the kitchen. But then the counters weren't long enough to fit what we needed together cos of a bloody column that made the wall uneven.

ID also suggested boxing up the area to make the wall flush but it seems like such a waste! 20cm depth over about 1.5m. :curse:

My kitchen design is problematic too!! Wanted to plan based on our workflow in the kitchen. But then the counters weren't long enough to fit what we needed together cos of a bloody column that made the wall uneven.

ID also suggested boxing up the area to make the wall flush but it seems like such a waste! 20cm depth over about 1.5m. :curse:

oh no then what's your decision in the end? i didn't want to box up initially, but if i didn't, the glass backing would come in 5 pieces instead of 1 smooth piece and it seemed like the lesser evil to box up the concave... i'll just have to treat it like the space never existed. :(

14309703302_7a336341b5.jpg

almost there!

forgot to take a picture of the front of the shoe cabinet/divider...

plumbing also completed today. mirrors in the bathrooms are also up. we got bamboo mirrors from ikea. no pix cos i forgot... oops.

pending:

- painting of bomb shelter, service yard and door frames

- varnishing of bedroom doors

- glass panels and varnishing of kitchen door

- glass backing for kitchen

- minor rectifications

• Like 1