Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

just got a call that the glass backing for the kitchen is too long to fit into my lift! :jawdrop:

a small piece nearest to the service yard window will be sliced off so the glass backing can fit into the lift, and the small piece will be patched back at the house. hopefully the joint line won't be too obvious... will check on it tonight.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

14341519101_2a0ef63f41.jpg

kitchen door is varnished and the glass panels are in :)

14158202369_d7fa8317a9.jpg

front view of the shoe cabinet :) very pleased with how this turned out.

the glass backing wasn't successfully installed... shall check on it again in a couple of days.

Edited by lemoncandy

just got a call that the glass backing for the kitchen is too long to fit into my lift! :jawdrop:

a small piece nearest to the service yard window will be sliced off so the glass backing can fit into the lift, and the small piece will be patched back at the house. hopefully the joint line won't be too obvious... will check on it tonight.

My friend staying at level 32 asked the contractor to take stairs to delivery their long quartz top :X

Yes, at my previous condo unit, the workers carried the long Silestone top up the stairs. Mine was only 5th level. Not sure what is yours.

If possible, don't join. It will be obvious. You may need to pay the workers a bit of money if your flat is high up.

Yes, at my previous condo unit, the workers carried the long Silestone top up the stairs. Mine was only 5th level. Not sure what is yours.

If possible, don't join. It will be obvious. You may need to pay the workers a bit of money if your flat is high up.

mine's 19th... there are joint lines on my white quartz countertop too, but so far i think it's ok. not too obvious since both joint line and the surface are white. not sure how the glass would turn out though. it's currently being refabricated at the factory cos smth went wrong yesterday. will leave this to the contractor..

so near the end yet problems keep coming!

just got news that the grouting for the tiles in living room and kitchen come out while the workers were doing chemical wash... zzz. will have to get BSC to fix this since mine are HDB floors. ugh.

mine's 19th... there are joint lines on my white quartz countertop too, but so far i think it's ok. not too obvious since both joint line and the surface are white. not sure how the glass would turn out though. it's currently being refabricated at the factory cos smth went wrong yesterday. will leave this to the contractor..

just got news that the grouting for the tiles in living room and kitchen come out while the workers were doing chemical wash... zzz. will have to get BSC to fix this since mine are HDB floors. ugh.

Joint lines will need to see which part and if it affect the look a lot.

For the grout lines, I saw quite a lot cases of it recently. Hope it can be resolve nicely.

Joint lines will need to see which part and if it affect the look a lot.

For the grout lines, I saw quite a lot cases of it recently. Hope it can be resolve nicely.

We went to BSC yesterday to inform them about it and thankfully, they are receptive to coming by tomorrow and filling in the grout lines again.. phew!

Also checked on my kitchen glass backing. it's up and the joint looks ok. it's in a far corner anyway and not very obvious.

Edited by lemoncandy

little things are getting done here and there. the unit was cleaned up yesterday! :) :)

Pending from contractor:

- fixing of bomb shelter vent (mr k sealed both and will be opening one up) -- this may happen only after we move in

- fixing of lock/latch for kitchen door -- to prevent kids from entering the kitchen

- installation of blinds tomorrow

Monday is a big delivery day! We'll be receiving:

- whole bunch of electronics -- washing machine, fridge, TV, hot water dispenser, rice cooker, iron, garment steamer

- bed frame and headboard

- stools

- sofa

- mattress

- bomb shelter rack

- dining table

Going to shift in soon?

Mine just started renovation officially this week.

Yup, will start moving stuff soon! :) i think our block has quite a few units moved in already! how long will your reno take?

Hi,

My ikea's solid surface has no joint line at all. I was amazed. I'm also surprised that white quartz has joint line cox it is usually more expensive than solid surface. My solid surface is $115/ft. How much is your white quartz?

Yup, will start moving stuff soon! :) i think our block has quite a few units moved in already! how long will your reno take?

Actual work should be less than 1 month. Only hacking half living room wall by next week.

Hi,

My ikea's solid surface has no joint line at all. I was amazed. I'm also surprised that white quartz has joint line cox it is usually more expensive than solid surface. My solid surface is $115/ft. How much is your white quartz?

hello! I don't know the pfr price of my quartz. I was informed of the joint line right from the start. I was told quartz and granite will have joint lines beyond certain lengths. (: I knew solid surface wouldn't have joint lines but I wanted smth hardier so chose quartz instead (:

whoo! all coming together. I see the scandi-ness already. Esp with the tree installation at the shoe cabinet. Much nicer after varnish.

thanks thanks :D its so hard towards the end! have to keep deciding if little defects are ok to live with or need to insist on fixing. zzz