Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi minzai, i paid $1650 for three solid bedroom doors and $440 for two toilet bifold doors (:

Seems like you choose a more expensive option for the bedrooms door.

Normally bedroom door are about SGD300 each but yours is solid, not sure what the solid meant though? Nyatoh doors?

• Like 1

Seems like you choose a more expensive option for the bedrooms door.

Normally bedroom door are about SGD300 each but yours is solid, not sure what the solid meant though? Nyatoh doors?

yes i chose solid wood (nyatoh) bedroom doors, in the hope that they will block out noise better than classic doors. i didn't research on prices though!

does solid Nyatoh doors cost that much? ($550)

or is it becoz installation cost is involved?

I tot Nyatoh door with lock set can get at below $400 direct from supplier? (not sure if they provide free installation anot)

does solid Nyatoh doors cost that much? ($550)

or is it becoz installation cost is involved?

I tot Nyatoh door with lock set can get at below $400 direct from supplier? (not sure if they provide free installation anot)

hi hi, like i said, i didn't research on prices so i do not know what's the direct supplier price... and i believe that if you're getting stuff through a third party (e.g. contractor, ID) and not direct from supplier, the price will undoubtedly be higher right? haha.

oh no then what's your decision in the end? i didn't want to box up initially, but if i didn't, the glass backing would come in 5 pieces instead of 1 smooth piece and it seemed like the lesser evil to box up the concave... i'll just have to treat it like the space never existed. :(

I would have done the same as you. the broken up pieces would look odd and would irritate me no end. Easy to forget about the space lost after a while. :P

Apparently, when we first discussed this problem, we all used the wrong measurements for the sink that I wanted. We thought it was a 1.2m long sink. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!! 1.2m for a sink is ridiculous!! But apparently thats what we did.

So after she revised the numbers, it seems that we will have about 60cm of workstation to use without having the extend out the counter. We also took a smaller sink in the end. My practical wife reminded me that the small one already fits our wok so what else do I want it for? In my head, bigger is always better. lol!

I have found door quotes to be very varied. One ID charged 300 per door. Another charged 500.

My ID that i picked charged me $780 per door. :( So feel better about what you paid yeah?

hmmm if they ID quote so high, we can say "ok, pls take this out of the quotation, i will source my own" right?

I mean i will do that...

Any poor man here like me? Poor man ki chiu! =P

hmmm if they ID quote so high, we can say "ok, pls take this out of the quotation, i will source my own" right?

I mean i will do that...

Any poor man here like me? Poor man ki chiu! =P

good that you did your homework! for me....... hai.. this is the price of being lazy :P :P lol

I would have done the same as you. the broken up pieces would look odd and would irritate me no end. Easy to forget about the space lost after a while. :P

Apparently, when we first discussed this problem, we all used the wrong measurements for the sink that I wanted. We thought it was a 1.2m long sink. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!! 1.2m for a sink is ridiculous!! But apparently thats what we did.

So after she revised the numbers, it seems that we will have about 60cm of workstation to use without having the extend out the counter. We also took a smaller sink in the end. My practical wife reminded me that the small one already fits our wok so what else do I want it for? In my head, bigger is always better. lol!

I have found door quotes to be very varied. One ID charged 300 per door. Another charged 500.

My ID that i picked charged me $780 per door. :( So feel better about what you paid yeah?

hahaha all that drama! luckily everything turned out fine in the end. :P and thank you for making me feel better hahaha. i think all IDs/contractors charge more here and charge less there... so maybe your doors cost more but other stuff is priced better! :)

good that you did your homework! for me....... hai.. this is the price of being lazy :P :P lol

No lah~ maybe the design u choose is really that price... (cannot be all Nyatoh door cost the same mah :) )

I havent really research deep enuff for doors yet myself :)

cheers~

Own contractor confirm cheaper but must coordinate yourself.

In some case when things happen like scratch or damage, ID and your contractor might start pushing blame on the ownership.

If price not much different just get ID to do and can ask ID to suggest to match the door as per your theme

14309703302_7a336341b5.jpg

almost there!

forgot to take a picture of the front of the shoe cabinet/divider...

plumbing also completed today. mirrors in the bathrooms are also up. we got bamboo mirrors from ikea. no pix cos i forgot... oops.

pending:

- painting of bomb shelter, service yard and door frames

- varnishing of bedroom doors

- glass panels and varnishing of kitchen door

- glass backing for kitchen

- minor rectifications

Can i look at the kitchen door :)

And what how much does it cost?