Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Peanut888

3 Room Hdb Bto Reno (Modern Scandi Theme)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We are 3 roomer & have experienced the same thing whereby ID choose & pick project size. After meeting them at site & tell them that we are gg for industrial theme, do not want standard stuff like ceiling & console but replaced by bricks wall, some hacking etc, the ID just MIA & don even bother to quote...

oh dear! So did u pay a deposit to them? It's very infuriating how some IDs are like that! :angry2:

I have a few friends who warned me about signing package with IDs and paying them deposit, especially small reno companies that may collapse.. So i didnt sign with any.

LOl! so which ID did you select? :deal:

i wonder how your 3rm 3D looks like :jawdrop:

Oh genesis89, i am engaging a contractor. And in fact, i dont think i'll be getting any 3D as the carpentry is a different contractor.. But i have done some raw layman drawing on the design and dimension of my kitchen. Will post it up soon.

Meaning... i have engaged different ppls for different job scope. And i have no renovation experienced ah!

So fingers cross! Hopefully everything turns out okay!

After my renovation is more or less complete, i will post out the different contacts if they are good.

• Like 1

Here is my quick review for the different IDs that i have met:

1. Studio Q: Recommended by a friend. Met a few times, ID was quite young, nice and accomdating.. Pricing wise is ID pricing lor.. BUT ID has left the firm!

2. English of 西: Met the ID only once, recommended by a friend. He was generally friendly but... we couldnt stand his bad breath (not trying to be mean but even the spouse cannot tahan!). ID left out some stuffs i asked him to quote, not sure if he 4got or it was intentional.

3. Waiseng: Recommended by a friend. Met once. ID was young, nice.. Have ideas but personally to me, not experienced on potential problems. Pricing some average ID pricing and some high.. BUT ID has left the firm also.. 8|

4. Exquisite: Recommended by a colleague. Pricing is ID pricing, but the ID is pretty experienced and took time to explain to us on the kitchen door as our wall is not in a straight line. Followed up with 2 calls, very friendly. I think i would have gone with them if we were engaging ID. Her name is nicol. (if any1 want to google) For those who wants the contact, please PM me.

The rest of the IDs that we spoke at expo, i'm not too keen as they are generally sales pinch. :bleah:

Edited by Peanut888

Went down to blum showroom today. Address below:

Showroom S.E.A.

#02-00 Ubi Biz-Hub

150 Ubi Avenue 4

SINGAPORE 408825

Was served by a lady called Caroline. A very experienced and nice lady! She took time to look through my carpentry drawings and advice me on the different fittings. Look for her there if you are interested in blum products!

• Like 1

See the number of defects (and these are the few of the many..). The BSC took about 3 weeks to rectify and there were still some small ones i chose to ignore..

erwtir.jpg34xngjn.jpg154euet.jpg9hu9oj.jpg2s9aix3.jpg2mnozdt.jpg

Edited by Peanut888

A few pics before reno

This is the service yard to be hacked.

f3uqfo.jpg

Basin to be removed

2yovmly.jpg

My very layman planning for my kitchen! pardon for the bad drawings. :bleah:

fk6268.jpg

2zjbzad.jpg

For those who are looking at KRAUS sink.

Mine is a 30" single rectangular bowl. I'll let the pics do the talking~~

2cyfr14.jpg

Acutal HP pic of my sink! I really really love the sink!

2prd84h.jpg

2klq3r.jpg

Hello fellow 3roomer! I am also on my reno journey but currently still waiting for hacking permit.. zzz haha...

I envy many 3roomer's living room in this forum...all of you have almost over 6400 in size for living room.. mine is only 5400.. I dont get how does that equate to the same floor area of 65m2. :(:(

• Like 1

Hello fellow 3roomer! I am also on my reno journey but currently still waiting for hacking permit.. zzz haha...

I envy many 3roomer's living room in this forum...all of you have almost over 6400 in size for living room.. mine is only 5400.. I dont get how does that equate to the same floor area of 65m2. :(:(

Hi janesuah! did you engage a PE?

BTW, my approval took a record of 2 days! But the usual timing should be 1-2wks.

As for the room size, to my dismay, the actual dimensions are SMALLER then the floor plan! I reckon my floor area is less then 65m2 lo... zzzzz

Do you enjoy free shipping for your Kraus sink? How much did you have to pay for this sink?

Hi Snowdew,

I have replied you on the sink on the previous message. Anyway, I paid about s$530 including free shipping.

You will have to select Amazon global eligible in order to have free shipping.

Are you intending to get the sink too?

My service yard has been hacked!! yay!! see how spacious it is!!

And the concrete base of the kitchen cabinets are up too!!

95zsyr.jpg

My contractor who did this hacking, make good with tiles on wall and floor, plastering of ceiling, has done a very good job IMO!

The rates he quoted me is reasonable too! What i like is he replies to me promptly regarding all my questions and checks with me on certain issues.

E.g. As i was using HDB tiles and there was some colour difference. He took pics and show it to me before helping me to get other similar tiles as the ones at HDB ones colour is really a big difference! I forgot to take the after pics but the colour was definately better then what is shown here.

33mlulc.jpg

Hi Peanuts, can you share ur contractor's contacts?

Is he priced like a contractor or an ID?

thank you

Hi PTopaz,

He is a contractor, pricing is contractor. I'll pm you his contract. :)