Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ok, my 2 cents worth:

1) Replace the wall between bedroom and living with floor to celling wardrobe. Leaving a gap between the windows wall to build a ledge. Rationale is to let light flows from living room bedroom as my bedroom windows would most likely be covered by binds for most of the time for privacy. - take note on the hacking and haulage charges. No door? meaning if you want to air-con, it will not be cold enough unless u on both units. Still not quite sure of the purpose of this ledge. It take up precious space as your furniture cannot lean against the wall. Unless you plan to place things (eg: plants) on it.
3) Am intending to combine living area with dinning area. My sofa would be placed facing the shelter wall (thank goodness my shelter is near entrance. Would most likely mount a tv to the shelter wall. - You need to double check about drilling on the shelter wall,
4) Would built a shelf + shoes cabinet on one side of the wall leading from entrance to living area as I've noticed the entrance hallway is very wide while I visited the hdb showroom. The idea is to cover up shelter door as well. - that will make your shelter inaccessible? Also note the main door swing open and will hit your cabinet. Why dont you build your cabinet on the other side of the wall (behind the bathroom wall)
6) biggest headache for me is the bathroom as the toilet bowl is in the middle of the retengular bathroom. Not sure whether there's enuff space to place the sink on one side and shower on the other side as I've wanted wet/dry. - bathroom, all the 2-rooms owner's biggest headache... think quite difficult to have the wet area as you marked in the drawing. It takes up lots of space too. Strange that they place the toilet bowl in the middle of the bathroom... -_- Try to talk to few ID and check the possibilities and what alternative they suggest.

1)am aware of hacking. Just hope hdb approve coz have heard that if too many ppl hacking the Same wall at same unit but diff flr, hdb might reject hacking.

Purpose of ledge includes:

- double up as bench.

- additional built-in storage.

- wanted that gap between wardrobe and wall to allow natural light to flow from living to bedroom.

That side of the wall are mostly windows. Couldn't really place furniture against it.

As for door, would most likely put a roller bind to it. Ledge gap and bedroom side of toilet door as well. So am not too worried even if I install air con.

4)hmm...you have a point there. Maybe I'll build the shelf at the opp side against bathroom wall. :)

6) that is just the layout proposed by hdb.I didn't amend it as I haven't really decide how I want to Reno bathroom. but i want to place sink at bedroom side. Either beside toilet bowl or opp for bigger sink. Shower area would be where the sink is. Have to see the actual size of bathroom to see how.

couldn't agreed with you more on the position of the toilet bowl. I hated it and worst part is I couldn't do anything about it. :(

Anyway, these are just some rough ideas. Still have 3-4more years to go before key collection. :)

You can change the position of the wc by using a p trap connector instead of the original s trap connector. However you need to buy those p trap wc, mostly are those suspended type and they cost about 600 to 900 for one, there are also higher price range type above 1k but i think its not worth to spend anything above 1k for toilet bowl.

You can change the position of the wc by using a p trap connector instead of the original s trap connector. However you need to buy those p trap wc, mostly are those suspended type and they cost about 600 to 900 for one, there are also higher price range type above 1k but i think its not worth to spend anything above 1k for toilet bowl.

P trap means the outlet is on the wall, and s trap means outlet on the floor (I never really realised there is a difference), but some renotalker had convert this s trap to the p trap

Thot I've read somewhere that hdb doesn't allow changing the position of toilet bowl...

Where the hole goes into the ground, you can't change. Because that will affect the waterproofing of the toilet floor. You can change the toilet bowl from one stuck on the ground to those 'suspended' ones, but you cannot change the position where it is.

Hello everyone. 2 roomer here too. BTO 2019

Was following this thread and finally decided to register in and here i am :)

Plan the following:

Seal the toilet door from my room

Raise platform in the room and the hall for hidden storage purpose (not sure if this is allowed)

Turn the shelter to be wardrobe

Hack the wall between the hall and room (maybe a full clear glass partition to replace the wall)

• Like 1

welcome another 2 roomer, sendski! :dancingqueen:

Woh, you want to seal bathroom door to your bedroom? why?

Raised platform - raised platform is allowed but cannot with storage, as per HDB guidelines. But, I see many doing it.

Shelter to wardrobe... hmm.. not sure abt ur floor plan, but not for me cos my shelter nearer to kitchen.

anyway, after 1 whole week of repetitive logging into hdb and disappointedly log out... today finally status change to key collection on 19 Oct! :jammin:

• Like 1

Thank you mmoh;)

Congratulation on the good news!! Gosh u must have been waiting for this moment for the longest time heh! Envy u.

Yup seal the door from my bedroom, as much as i want it to be as open concept as possible allowing as much natural lights in the house. I still not sure of the shower location. I find it quite odd in the middle of the bathroom and i think the area quite small if i want to have the dry n wet area.

My floor plan is on my avatar.

welcome another 2 roomer, sendski! :dancingqueen:

Woh, you want to seal bathroom door to your bedroom? why?

Raised platform - raised platform is allowed but cannot with storage, as per HDB guidelines. But, I see many doing it.

Shelter to wardrobe... hmm.. not sure abt ur floor plan, but not for me cos my shelter nearer to kitchen.

anyway, after 1 whole week of repetitive logging into hdb and disappointedly log out... today finally status change to key collection on 19 Oct! :jammin:

Wow....finally u collecting the keys....I feel so excited for u.... Lol

Hi everyone! Long time no chat! Haha.

Been a mad couple of weeks for me... (If anyone is wondering, no, I've not moved into my place yet! Lol) I couldn't meet my own 'deadline' cuz of the sheer amount of work that's involved in moving. Didn't realise I had that much clothes. Or books. Or things hahaha. My new deadline is mid November now...

Anyways! Congrats @mmoh!!! Finally gonna get your own little space! Can't wait to see more of it hee. :D

haha, thks all the bunnies, but I dont intend to move in lah. Cos now parents house location is much more convenient and need to take care of them too. Doing reno only maybe next year after CNY. Will be more like weekend getaway. :notti:

MsBunny! I keep checking on your blog but no update since 7 Sep! :deal:

haha, thks all the bunnies, but I dont intend to move in lah. Cos now parents house location is much more convenient and need to take care of them too. Doing reno only maybe next year after CNY. Will be more like weekend getaway. :notti:

MsBunny! I keep checking on your blog but no update since 7 Sep! :deal:

Congrats mmoh! HDB updated online the key collection date but did you get the written confirmation from them? That means they will only confirm the final date 2 working weeks before key collection lor?

I also have same problem. My parents place location is only 5 mins to MRT, in future if I move most probably need to take bus. I driving now but my car will expire in another 18 months. Sian.....