Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Lol @mmoh, same - way too much clothes!

Just airing - I've less than a month before I move in but I'm feeling totally overwhelmed and under-prepared! Haha. Like so many things to arrange and complete before then!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@ Msbunny

Agree, once your wardrobe full of clothes you will need some effort to pull it out unless the mechanism good enough to make it easy for pulling.

@ Troublemaker

Well...look at all those DIY thingy u hv done, you should be proud of it...I very impressed.

I think if the mechanism is good, it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Just airing - I've less than a month before I move in but I'm feeling totally overwhelmed and under-prepared! Haha. Like so many things to arrange and complete before then!

I so excited for you lor. Mine also dunno when I can move in. I have been waiting for this day since I was in my 20s. :(

you are currently staying with your parents? why do you need to set a timeline to move in?

@kyooko

Thanks! Hehe. Me too actually - feels like I've been wanting my own little space since forever. But time goes by in a hurry when you're busy, your place will be ready in no time! :)

@mmoh

Yes I am... But cuz I've already taken a couple of days of leave from work during that period (to prepare for the move and settle in after that) and my bosses are touchy when it comes to moving resources around... Plus if I let myself hang out with Mr P too much, I may very well not move in till next year lol. I work better under pressure... Just that I like to whine while I'm at it. Hahaha.

I see. Guess I am in a different situation as u n kyooko. I dont want to move in. lol

1. my bro all married and moved out so left my parents and me

2. hence better to be available for my parents as and when needed, 24 hrs on call

3. i am close to my parents :good:

4. new house location worst off than my parents home

hence, i got no hurry at all. even though collecting keys soon, i dont plan to renovate so soon cos will be starting to accumulate the dust while neighbour doing their reno. maybe after cny 2016? lol.

@mmoh

I'm relatively close to my parents too but I still want my own space to escape my mum, her nagging and her hoarding stash hahaha. So I opted to buy a place that's about 5 bus stops away from my parents, still within easy access but yet a short distance away and closer to the MRT. :)

Plus the fact that I should be in a hurry lah... I've already had my place since Jan this year leh! My friends all say my reno must be the longest one in history lol. Keep asking me when I'm moving!

I see. Guess I am in a different situation as u n kyooko. I dont want to move in. lol

1. my bro all married and moved out so left my parents and me

2. hence better to be available for my parents as and when needed, 24 hrs on call

3. i am close to my parents :good:

4. new house location worst off than my parents home

hence, i got no hurry at all. even though collecting keys soon, i dont plan to renovate so soon cos will be starting to accumulate the dust while neighbour doing their reno. maybe after cny 2016? lol.

For me, my BTO is very near to my parents' place. So, while I am close to my parents, I desperately want a place of my own.

My mom never understood the meaning of a locked door. I lock my room's door, she's open it with the key whenever she liked. And that really, really bothers me.

For me, my BTO is very near to my parents' place. So, while I am close to my parents, I desperately want a place of my own.

My mom never understood the meaning of a locked door. I lock my room's door, she's open it with the key whenever she liked. And that really, really bothers me.

OMG @kyooko LOL same with my mom leh!

No point trying to explain about privacy. To them we are a family, what is so private?

Luckily single scheme BTO allowed at non mature estates only, I choose a 16km away BTO from them.

BTW, she has request me to prepare her a spare key :help: incase i misplace my keys or forgot to turn on water heater/gas before I leave home.

Haha! All got their own stories to tell.

As for me, I'm staying with my parents and elder sis in Yishun 4 room unit. Bought my BTO in Sembawang. Mum said want to move cannot move too far. Tried for Yishun on first round but no chance to even get a number.

My dad opposed strongly to my idea of moving as he said once he and my mum gone the flat will be my sis and me. But knowing my sis well (only know how to tidy her room) I still decided to get my own place. My mum also don't understand my meaning of having my own freedom. She said hor you close your room's door and stay inside your room also got "freedom" mah. Lol!!!

Also, I want my own kitchen so I can do more baking. With my mum together in one house, it's like "two tigress in one kitchen"!

And I don't think I want to give my mum spare keys. Wait she day day come my house and be "maid"!

LOL! didnt expect the overwhelming response...

guess I am lucky, my mum... yes, nagging, which mum dont? if in future u become a parent i guess u will start nagging too. i nag my nieces and nephews too :x

and my bto is abt 20 mins walking distance. no direct bus though :(

for privacy, i find it still ok, my mum dont bother me that much.

she is 69 this year and body is not very well. so ya, thats why i dont feel like moving out at all.

i buy this bto is more for future planning and maybe or hopefully, investment?

OMG @kyooko LOL same with my mom leh!

No point trying to explain about privacy. To them we are a family, what is so private?

Luckily single scheme BTO allowed at non mature estates only, I choose a 16km away BTO from them.

BTW, she has request me to prepare her a spare key :help: incase i misplace my keys or forgot to turn on water heater/gas before I leave home.

My mom also said. I think it might be okay to give her one key, in case you forget your keys or something.

But I am sure to bolt my door when I am in. :D

Haha! All got their own stories to tell.

As for me, I'm staying with my parents and elder sis in Yishun 4 room unit. Bought my BTO in Sembawang. Mum said want to move cannot move too far. Tried for Yishun on first round but no chance to even get a number.

My dad opposed strongly to my idea of moving as he said once he and my mum gone the flat will be my sis and me. But knowing my sis well (only know how to tidy her room) I still decided to get my own place. My mum also don't understand my meaning of having my own freedom. She said hor you close your room's door and stay inside your room also got "freedom" mah. Lol!!!

Also, I want my own kitchen so I can do more baking. With my mum together in one house, it's like "two tigress in one kitchen"!

And I don't think I want to give my mum spare keys. Wait she day day come my house and be "maid"!

My mom also the Queen of her kitchen, everything I do, she also say 'this-this way is better'.

I tried to do some cosplay costume 2 years ago, but because she had been sewing all her life, she felt she is more qualified to AMEND my stuff.

Problem is, some costume are done that way because that's how the character dressed. I lost count of the time she UNPICKED the stuff I sew. I had to bring all my material to work with me, just to keep her hands off them....

My mum also like to nag when I'm doing my stuff in kitchen. Whenever I bake, once I put the utencils in the sink she will starting washing for me. Tell you huh, I really buay tahan one cos I always tell her I will wash myself. So when I bake now, she automatically go shopping and "disappear" for a few hours for me to do my baking.

Another thing is she like to re-position things I buy in the kitchen. You know when you want to use something cannot find in your original position very pek che one leh.

But still, all mum are still the best. They just want the best for their kids.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom.

But I tend to love them a lot more when I am working overseas, in the UK and the US. Where they cannot budge into my room whenever they feel like :P

Omg, apparently we all suffer the same issues! My mum has absolutely no concept of privacy as well. Exactly the same behaviour as your mums, @kyooko and @oktopussy! I've 'educated' her to the point of actually attempting to knock before she comes into my room now. But she tends to forget more often than not.

She has also asked for a set of my keys but I'm still thinking long and hard on whether to let her have it. I don't want her to just show up unannounced every other night...

@kyooko, I feel the same way as you - like I'll be able to appreciate my mum more from a distance lol.

@BunniBoi, your mum bth the mess you make at home izzit? Hahaha.