Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow....cat lover...cool....meow~

Climbing walk look nice....but limited space leh.

ya lor so it will be something similar but smaller scale. make use of the vertical space.

welcome Troublemaker & oktopussy to the group!

You guys are so lucky to get a 2rm bto! I have been trying for a year and gave up.

Anyways, just an idea. Even though i have a 3rm flat, my living room is really small. Hence, i did not buy a dining table and chairs. Instead, i bought a small table of 55cm height and place it in front of my sofa. Hence, i eat at my sofa. I free up the dining area space for other uses.
Hope this info helps.

nice practical idea! is your table round and easy to move around?

I am not sure if its do-able but I like the idea of having a balcony for tea/breakfast area. Any advise from existing home owners?

Since I'm gonna live alone with 2 cats, I have so many ideas :idea: but with limited space :jawdrop:

Should I hack the wall between living room and bed room? Is there space for walk in wardrobe?

Do I need a dining area? (I may want to invite close friends to chillax)

It would be lovely to have a cat climbing wall like this at 1 side of the wall.

the cat climbing wall you posted is awesome! you should totally do it! :D

you mentioned about hacking the living room and bedroom door. Do you intend to install aircon? personally, i plan to retain the wall so that i can choose to either switch on the aircon in my bedroom or my living room individually. more energy efficient.

Just came out on CNA, President dissolved parliament. GE on its way!

GE at 11 Sep.

Interesting sept! Totally didn't expect polling day to be on a Friday.

Thanks coolbunny! Does that makes alot of difference? Cos measurement may look bigger but perhaps somewhere somehow will 'eat' back the space.

Thanks mmoh! Sealing up 1 door seems like a wise choice.

250mm for our space does make lot of difference! The only place which will "eat" some space should be the thickness of wall.

welcome Troublemaker & oktopussy to the group!

nice practical idea! is your table round and easy to move around?

the cat climbing wall you posted is awesome! you should totally do it! :D

you mentioned about hacking the living room and bedroom door. Do you intend to install aircon? personally, i plan to retain the wall so that i can choose to either switch on the aircon in my bedroom or my living room individually. more energy efficient.

I will install aircon in the bed room area for hot days. Not sure if living area is needed. But I will definitely install ceiling fans in both.

I'm not an aircon person especially at home. I like it airy. Right now I'm staying on 28th floor, so windy and no need for aircon. But my 2 room at Yishun is on the 4th floor. I don't know what to expect.

talking abt aircon, need to check with u guys.

I need a unit for bedroom definitely, but not so sure abt living room. so is there system 1?

varying and msbunny install aircon in both bedroom n living room?

I will install aircon in the bed room area for hot days. Not sure if living area is needed. But I will definitely install ceiling fans in both.

I'm not an aircon person especially at home. I like it airy. Right now I'm staying on 28th floor, so windy and no need for aircon. But my 2 room at Yishun is on the 4th floor. I don't know what to expect.

I also thinking of ceiling fan but my fren ask me not to do it....coz it might be too low and dangerous for me. So maybe get those standing fan or tower fan.

I also thinking of ceiling fan but my fren ask me not to do it....coz it might be too low and dangerous for me. So maybe get those standing fan or tower fan.

ceiling fan ok lah, but not ceiling fan + false ceiling.

I plan to install ceiling fan in living room cos ceiling fan seriously has better air circulation function than standing fan. initially planning to install ceiling fan in bedroom also but read some post said bad for fengshui as it sucks the qi from body. so probably will settle with a wall fan in bedroom.

ceiling fan ok lah, but not ceiling fan + false ceiling.

I plan to install ceiling fan in living room cos ceiling fan seriously has better air circulation function than standing fan. initially planning to install ceiling fan in bedroom also but read some post said bad for fengshui as it sucks the qi from body. so probably will settle with a wall fan in bedroom.

Oh, ok ok...tot ceiling fan will require false ceiling. I also prefer ceiling fan. Maybe can consider for living room.

I'm 158cm and I may shrink in 4 years time so ceiling fan shouldn't be a problem for me. LOL will prepare safety helmets for my tall friends.

I'm 158cm and I may shrink in 4 years time so ceiling fan shouldn't be a problem for me. LOL will prepare safety helmets for my tall friends.

wahahaha! not that low lah, the ceiling. standard HDB flat is abt 2.6m leh.

i am also abt same height as u :x and why shrinking?

My dining table is my sofa table, which means that i eat while watching tv. :)

Once you don't have a dining table, you can convert that area to be your study area.

I got my study table from ikea.

I think fortytwo.sg is a good place to shop for cheap furniture.

just finish reading your t-blog, very information but lack of Pictures! lol!

How r u staying in your new home for 1 yr now?

Those interested can read here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/64578-bachelorette-on-budget/

I tried buying a shoe rack from fortytwo for my parents' home few months back and is satisfied with their service and quality so far.