Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

MIne also same avidshutter. i prefer to have the TV point at the bedroom wall. but due to the sliding door, guess we have to put our sofa there.

any ppl will change the door to open and closed type?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Omg! Hi @oktopussy!

Crazy cat lady here! Hahaha.

That cat wall...SO MUCH WANT. It's a project I'd like to take on diy after I move in. :D

Hello MsBunny! Great to meet HDB Cat owners here :)

Please show us your DIY progress, cross reference mah. BTW do you cat proof your windows and gate?

I'm looking for those clear plastic/acrylic panels for my current place but not sure where.

Please show us your DIY progress, cross reference mah. BTW do you cat proof your windows and gate?

I'm looking for those clear plastic/acrylic panels for my current place but not sure where.

You can find MsBunny's DIY on the windows here: http://keepcalmandmeow.blogspot.sg/

Hi Troublemaker,

what is your size of your 2 room?

Your unit is quite different from the current BTO.

Troublemaker's is a 3-room resale unit.

Adding some photos to this 2room thread for future references...

Photo_19_8_15_9_36_21_am.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_29_23_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_39_14_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_40_04_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_45_58_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_47_36_pm.jpg

My inspiration design for walk in cabinate... not sure doable if i hack away the living room wall and extend my open concept living +bed room... anyone to give me their thoughts?

I would personally go for the ones that's behind the bed rather than at the sides... Imagine having to walk around your bed to get to stuff that's on the cupboards at the other side. Seems a bit of an inconvenience.

Definitely doable if you have a longish room after hacking the walls, methinks! :)

Yep! I removed all the window grilles but put up some diy insect mesh to cat-proof my windows. Will get to my gate once my reno has been completed. :) mmoh has helped to share my blog which I update semi-regularly with my reno progress. (Thanks @mmoh!)

For acrylic panels, perhaps you can try art/craft shops like Art Friend?

As for the cat wall, I intend for that to be my feature wall. Getting excited just thinking about it. Like what I mentioned to my friend the other day, my place is like one giant art project! :D Can't wait to start on deco once my reno is done!

Can't wait to see how your place turn out!!! Can we get housewarming?!?!? :D

Yep! I removed all the window grilles but put up some diy insect mesh to cat-proof my windows. Will get to my gate once my reno has been completed. :) mmoh has helped to share my blog which I update semi-regularly with my reno progress. (Thanks @mmoh!)

As for the cat wall, I intend for that to be my feature wall. Getting excited just thinking about it. Like what I mentioned to my friend the other day, my place is like one giant art project! :D Can't wait to start on deco once my reno is done!

Salute u for your DIY projects. Read your blog and salute again! :sport-smiley-003: power girl!

I know the sense of satisfaction but lao niang me too lazy hahaha....off topic abit. many years ago I want to make myself a patch blanket. shapes and fabrics all cut and only managed to patch up 2 pieces and i left it there for the longest time. :no: tsk tsk tsk...

Here's my layout

avidbto.jpg

Anyone seen this and feel inspired to have hidden storages and murphy bed?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153538429237280

For this type of layout where the living room and bedroom are along the same wall, you can hack the wall in between to have an open concept. Just need to take note on the Aircon consumption.

However, my floor plan is different form this so I would not consider hacking the wall.

Am I too ambitious ar? :help:
I know its a long way ahead and new ideas/designs may surface but for now this is what I would like to have.

I LIKE YOUR CONCEPT OF WALK IN CLOSET AND TOILET.

YOU GONNA SEAL UP THE ONE OF T HE TOILET DOOR?

BUT THE WALK IN CLOSET WILL EAT UP THE BEDROOM SPACE.

Edited by paulinepoh

I LIKE YOUR CONCEPT OF WALK IN CLOSET AND TOILET.

YOU GONNA SEAL UP THE ONE OF T HE TOILET DOOR?

BUT THE WALK IN CLOSET WILL EAT UP THE BEDROOM SPACE.

yes, pauline. will seal up as I dont really need 2 entrance.

its not drawn to scale so its just my agaration. I have yet decide if I want a super single or queen size bed.

Here's my layout

avidbto.jpg

Anyone seen this and feel inspired to have hidden storages and murphy bed?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153538429237280

In Singapore, there are a few shops that sell murphy bed: Smootree, Spaceman, HiddenWallBed, HiddenBed plus Space Saving Furniture System which has a revamped site (http://www.space-savingfs.com/) where the prices of some lower-end models are comparable to normal beds.

I know its a long way ahead and new ideas/designs may surface but for now this is what I would like to have.

I like the concept! I also have an idea like your 'balcony idea', but really need to see how big our place is, otherwise, the cat wall and balcony might become very cramped.

I think the WIW will need much more space that what you have agar in the drawing. It will probably take up > half of your room with 2 rows of cabinet + walking space. Assuming wardrobe width is 450 x 2 and you need 900 walking space, adds up already 1800.