Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Neighbour!

Great job! Hope your move was smooth-sailing despite DIY-ing your own. So you both have shifted in officially from now? :) So amazed that all your stuff only fit into 7 large boxes :o U folks really have little things. Both my hubby and I have countless no. of boxes (lost track on the boxes as we have been transporting some boxes weekly using my parents' car) and we are still not done moving all! We had wanted to engage professional movers initially as well but scraped the idea as we shld avoid the situation where our small flat is jam packed with cartons of boxes with limited space to move about. And the last thing I need is to rumple through boxes for my stuff or forgetting which box they are kept. From your pictures, your little crib looks cosy...and has ample space to walk after shifting in your stuff. Enjoy un-boxing and packing them into your cabinets ya :lol:

And I totally agree on the 'invisible' dust around the house! Not sure if it's the texture of my floor tiles or is it really THAT dusty, I feel sandy wherever I walk to. And yes, white dusty feet after a few hours stepping around. The funny thing is, we don't see layer of dust (only minimum) on our cabinets or furniture. So I really wonder how does the dust settle. Whenever we are over at our new nest during the weekends, we have been vacuuming and mopping till a point where now, we just wear our old bedroom slippers to walk around. Not the best solution but we will think of intensive maintenance after we shift in in proper. One thing you can consider besides keeping your windows closed; we are buying slip-on door guards to attach at the bottom of our main door. The guard will block out insects and dust from entering through the gap at the bottom of the door. You can find them from DIY/Homefix shops. Hopefully helps minimise dust in our house. :rolleyes:

Yummy! Your food looks good! Really have the look of granny's home-cooked beehoon! And is an air-fryer really worth investing in? We are contemplating to get one too but not sure if we will fully utilise it. Oh well, I have no idea how to cook but I guess after shifting in, I will have to start learning! Have to find recipes and cooking equipments which provide us absolute convenience to dishing out our meals, esp after a long day at work. Cooking will be the laziest thing to do! ;)

One last thing, do you have trouble hanging up your laundry? We have started washing our clothes and the new indoor 'pole system' is really challenging! We use hangers to hang our clothes on the indoor poles and I have to 'strategise' on how to hang them in a staggered fashion so that our clothes have space to air and not clutter together. I'm not keen to hang my laundry outside as I read that there are inconsiderate neighbours staying upstairs who throw water or cigarette down and end up wetting / dirtying the clothes! Maybe I'm just too used to the old HDB pole-hanging method...took me 30 minutes to hang up all our clothes from the washer. :(:wacko: We bought a dryer but only to use on a need-to basis to save on electrical bills. By the looks of things, I will be tempted to use the dryer more often than I shld....................

Hey neighbour!

Yes, we have officially moved in with 7 large boxes of stuffs. These are just the more important stuffs that we need daily. Haha! Those small misc stuffs are still in MIL place! Will slowly move over when we pop over for weekly dinner.

IKR! the dust really!!! I hate to see how my feet turns black like I just walk on a charcoal path. I only slide a small gap for ventilation that's all. :( no matter how many times I mop or vacuum, they always seems to be there Walao. I think this will go on till most people moved in. /sigh.

Oh, the laundry! I use hangers to hang my clothes and hang them on the laundry rack pole so it can accommodate more clothes! I use the pole when I hang bedsheets or quilt covers. For intimate items I will kiap it on the daiso Round hanger which is kiap on one end of the pole. Hehe.

Clothes dry pretty quickly during this few days I realize. I have yet to try the dryer function tho. LOL. My laundry days are on alternate days since we don't have much load now.

AF is one of my top best buy! It can cook everything! U should join the airfryer group on Facebook and meet the pros. I use it to air fry chicken with batter earlier. Yum yum. No oil splattering around and no smoke! Hehehe.

Go get one!

Yes cooking is really tiring but it's satisfying to see le husband cleaning his plates! Haha. I cook he wash in our household but I will still need to spot check just in case he did not clean it properly. *tsk. I will try to cook as and when time allows me to.

Cooking yourself is much healthier than eating out IMO. I am having brown rice at home which is not easy to get it outside except vegetarian & 菜贩 Stall.

Looking forward to see more of your crib soon!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi :)

You are really making me waver of not getting an AF! I heard of its pros but as our diet consists mainly non-fried food, we decided to give it a miss. Till now. Haha!

I shall consult the Hubby and see how. Really running short of space on our kitchen counter top already. He's the one who does the cooking, while I sometimes handle the dishes (opposite of you) so I shall ask the chef on his preference for an AF :bleah: Oooh....brown rice! 5^ I love brown rice too! I'm not a health fanatic but I totally agree that the food around our area is oily and salty! :wacko: Will definitely learn how to cook after we settle in :jammin:

I guess the dust will always be there no matter what we do to block, clean and mop. So long it doesn't cause any health issues, we will make do. Or probably push back our shifting in is a good idea now. :rolleyes: But we are all prepared to clean non-stop once we shift in. Your block cluster could be dustier as you are closer to the area where construction of new flats are ongoing? I can't imagine the dust sticking to our laundry while drying them. And you manage to hang your sheets and covers on the poles to dry? Will they have the indoor drying smell or collect dust while drying? We bought our dryer for this purpose as the bedsheets would take forever to hang and dry...hopefully can control our usage of dryer ;)

Anw, have fun unpacking for your new nest! I will update more on our country-home after my TB shipment arrives (probably in 2 weeks' time). Still waiting for it to sail across the High Seas...... :sport-smiley-004:

Hey neighbour!

Yes, we have officially moved in with 7 large boxes of stuffs. These are just the more important stuffs that we need daily. Haha! Those small misc stuffs are still in MIL place! Will slowly move over when we pop over for weekly dinner.

IKR! the dust really!!! I hate to see how my feet turns black like I just walk on a charcoal path. I only slide a small gap for ventilation that's all. :( no matter how many times I mop or vacuum, they always seems to be there Walao. I think this will go on till most people moved in. /sigh.

Oh, the laundry! I use hangers to hang my clothes and hang them on the laundry rack pole so it can accommodate more clothes! I use the pole when I hang bedsheets or quilt covers. For intimate items I will kiap it on the daiso Round hanger which is kiap on one end of the pole. Hehe.

Clothes dry pretty quickly during this few days I realize. I have yet to try the dryer function tho. LOL. My laundry days are on alternate days since we don't have much load now.

AF is one of my top best buy! It can cook everything! U should join the airfryer group on Facebook and meet the pros. I use it to air fry chicken with batter earlier. Yum yum. No oil splattering around and no smoke! Hehehe.

Go get one!

Yes cooking is really tiring but it's satisfying to see le husband cleaning his plates! Haha. I cook he wash in our household but I will still need to spot check just in case he did not clean it properly. *tsk. I will try to cook as and when time allows me to.
Cooking yourself is much healthier than eating out IMO. I am having brown rice at home which is not easy to get it outside except vegetarian & 菜贩 Stall.

Looking forward to see more of your crib soon!

heya!

AF not only for fried food, but you can use the baking pan to "air fry" dishes like veggies etc. i saw people making cakes,bread using AF too. They are too professional for me. haha! Good investment for household with no hood like mine. hehehe.

Wait for the Phillips sale if you decided to get it! It's so much cheaper! i got the latest model at only $249 (RP:$479) at the sale like a month back! Super worth it!

They have warehouse sale once every 3months or so, you can check their facebook for details :notti:

Yea, my block is facing the new BTO (punggol matilda?) my living room is facing our garden so it is not that bad as compared to my opposite neighbors.

My korean FT comes out twice a day to vacuum the floor and it is still dusty. everyone told me it is normal for new flats! :dunno::dunno:

And Yes, i managed to hang my fitted sheet, quilt cover,mattress protector on one pole each, they dry pretty fast due to the hot weather even though my yard did not receive any direct sunlight. It dries up by dinner time. i try to keep my laundry before i go to bed if they are dry, cannot imagine the amount of dust sticking on my clean laundry even though i can't see them. :lol::lol:

Yes yes, I will wait patiently for your updates! I have been trying to spot your unit when i walk to the sheng siong at parc vista BTO down the road last weekend. haha! /stalker mode ON. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Hihi :)

You are really making me waver of not getting an AF! I heard of its pros but as our diet consists mainly non-fried food, we decided to give it a miss. Till now. Haha!

I shall consult the Hubby and see how. Really running short of space on our kitchen counter top already. He's the one who does the cooking, while I sometimes handle the dishes (opposite of you) so I shall ask the chef on his preference for an AF :bleah: Oooh....brown rice! 5^ I love brown rice too! I'm not a health fanatic but I totally agree that the food around our area is oily and salty! :wacko: Will definitely learn how to cook after we settle in :jammin:

I guess the dust will always be there no matter what we do to block, clean and mop. So long it doesn't cause any health issues, we will make do. Or probably push back our shifting in is a good idea now. :rolleyes: But we are all prepared to clean non-stop once we shift in. Your block cluster could be dustier as you are closer to the area where construction of new flats are ongoing? I can't imagine the dust sticking to our laundry while drying them. And you manage to hang your sheets and covers on the poles to dry? Will they have the indoor drying smell or collect dust while drying? We bought our dryer for this purpose as the bedsheets would take forever to hang and dry...hopefully can control our usage of dryer ;)

Anw, have fun unpacking for your new nest! I will update more on our country-home after my TB shipment arrives (probably in 2 weeks' time). Still waiting for it to sail across the High Seas...... :sport-smiley-004:

Air Fryer is great! Bought one about 3 years back when price was $3xx and never look back.

All the deep fried taste without the grease and oil. And yes there are other application for the air fryer as well.

Use the dryer when you already have one. My guess is despite the frequent usage, the electrical bill will not be more than $10 a month,

That is the reason why I installed a gas dryer instead, more cost friendly in the long run.

Used to use it when needed basis, however after realise the time and effort saved, simply ditch the poles and pegs.

Brown rice is good, can consider to mix it with Basmati rice. Bastmati is an Indian rice, use mainly when cooking Briyani.

Main pro of Basmati, is that then release sugar slower compare to normal rice which is more favorable to human body. :good:

nowadays is it better to get a integrated washer with dryer or separate machine?

May I know how do you guys pay for AMCON for sea shipment.

nowadays is it better to get a integrated washer with dryer or separate machine?

May I know how do you guys pay for AMCON for sea shipment.

Folks goes for integrted mainly due to space constraint. Other feel intergrated kinda easier to breakdown due to extra electrical parts.

Also I believe the size as in kg washed for integrated are not that much. Some wanted gas dryer to save electrical cost so no intergrated.

So consider the space you have, if there is a corner for the washing machine, you can also mount a dryer on top of it, space needed is negligible.

At the end of the day, it is your own decision, just make sure it is a well informed one. :jammin:

Amcon collects payment upon delivery. ie to your house, be there to collect your items and make payment for it.

They will arrange delivery date and inform you of the the cost incurred.

I wrote a bit on this in my blog if you are keen to know more.

Thanks for ur inputs, OceanEleven! You seems to be able to contribute to many topics *thumbs up*

I guess xhomesweethomex & my dryer doesn't run on gas. Are u sure they won't take a toll on our monthly electrical bills? Additional $10/month is unbelievable. I often hear that dryers consume so much electricity & costs! As much as I wish to use our dryer regularly, not all clothing suit the dryer, esp ladies' clothes. Will "transform" the delicate fabric. Will see how best we can complement our laundry habits with the indoor poles & dryer :)

@zen_zen - We too bought separate washer & dryer and have stacked the latter above the former. Like what was shared, this way has saved us space in our small service yard :)

And yes I am so used to brown rice, I feel white rice tasting no weird when I pack from cai-fan stalls now. My hubby ain't no fan of brown rice. Maybe it's a good idea to mix with Basmati rice to make the taste more decent!

Okok I am convinced abt the AF...Philips sales - I'll be keeping a look out for it! :)

@neighbour - You don't have to stalk or try to spot my unit lah...mine not as eye catching as a HK Museum :P

Air Fryer is great! Bought one about 3 years back when price was $3xx and never look back.

All the deep fried taste without the grease and oil. And yes there are other application for the air fryer as well.

Use the dryer when you already have one. My guess is despite the frequent usage, the electrical bill will not be more than $10 a month,

That is the reason why I installed a gas dryer instead, more cost friendly in the long run.

Used to use it when needed basis, however after realise the time and effort saved, simply ditch the poles and pegs.

Brown rice is good, can consider to mix it with Basmati rice. Bastmati is an Indian rice, use mainly when cooking Briyani.

Main pro of Basmati, is that then release sugar slower compare to normal rice which is more favorable to human body. :good:

Errr.... I talk too much? :jawdrop:

Nah, just kidding. :notti:

Well, just sharing things I had did some homework on only, saving trouble and efforts for all. Am learning from all here as well.

To stack dryer/washing machine, one have buy both front load. NOTE!

Dont be lke my champion friend who bought a top load washer and wanted to do stacking. :bangwall:

Also a small point to note when chososing washer, try to avoid those small load size like 6/7kg.

Go for something bigger like 8/9kg or more, this is to cater for bedsheets/linen/curtains etc.

These items takes up space and needs a bigger capacity to spin for a thorough wash.

Before you mix Basmati rice, go try it first. Basmati rice are not cheap if compare to normal Thai fragrant rice.

5kg pack is easily $20 plus, more than double of Thai rice.

Also the rice texture is slim and long. It is non sticky, unlike Thai rice will "stick" togther when cooked.

Basmati rice will still be of inidividual grain when cooked. Some may not like the texture and feel when in mouth.

Thanks for ur inputs, OceanEleven! You seems to be able to contribute to many topics *thumbs up*

I guess xhomesweethomex & my dryer doesn't run on gas. Are u sure they won't take a toll on our monthly electrical bills? Additional $10/month is unbelievable. I often hear that dryers consume so much electricity & costs! As much as I wish to use our dryer regularly, not all clothing suit the dryer, esp ladies' clothes. Will "transform" the delicate fabric. Will see how best we can complement our laundry habits with the indoor poles & dryer :)

And yes I am so used to brown rice, I feel white rice tasting no weird when I pack from cai-fan stalls now. My hubby ain't no fan of brown rice. Maybe it's a good idea to mix with Basmati rice to make the taste more decent!

@zen_zen i use Amcon for my sea shipment too, i think the fastest among the other forwarders? mine is a integrated washer/dryer from samsung. hehe.

@neighbour yes yes there is a sheng shiong at PPV BTO & a kopitam there too. quite crowded during weekends morning. hehe.

@oceanEleven yes AF is really a good investment! no more oil splattering around the house anymore! yes, i eat my nuggets without feeling guilty now. :notti::lol: i am looking to do har cheong gai next week using AF! *cross fingers i will succeed. :rolleyes:

basmati rice texture is not really my cup of rice :P a bit too "liap" for my liking,maybe that's why they pour curry over it. heh. ;)

Review of TB big itrems part i - Donlim Breadmaker

I will slowly review in separate pots on the bigger items such as kitchen sink, breadmaker, jooyoung pressure cooker, SS kitchen drawer racks & rainshower.

I bought a couple of electrical appliances from TB together with my renovation items shipment earlier this year. Did not have a chance to use it until last weekend.

First up, my donlim-T06S breadmaker! the S model features a auto nuts dispenser. I was so excited to use it to make my daily bread because i want to be able to customize my bread accordingly to my cravings and preference. & most important of all, no preservatives!

The BM have other functions as well, such yogurt mode,fry nuts mode & even jam making mode. :good: I only try out the bread functions for now since i am still a starter in baking. hehe.

29A0EC0B-6C20-45D3-B46F-665294C5E09E_zps

First impression was the menu selection was clear and very user friendly, without looking at the chinese wording manual, i am able to operate the BM easily.

I baked my first loaf - sweet potato bread on monday & it was 80% successfully. The instructions was to add butter & potato mash during the first beep but there is no beep sound after the dough is form. I waited for a while till the timer was at 1:40mins and i quickly pour in both just in case i missed the beep. The loaf taste fine but the sweet potato mash was not mixed with the dough hence it ended up as a ugly looking loaf. :unsure: It taste perfectly alright despite the outlook :sport-smiley-004:

43943B01-0319-4D6D-B932-35ED9B98D59B_zps

0F7C4E03-3DD1-4347-8012-3054117852F1_zps

I did my 2nd loaf - banana pumpkin seed bread last night. I stand by the BM to make sure i will not miss the beep again and i realize the BM does not gives a beep sound for my model, in return the nuts dispenser will open the base automatically and made a very loud sound when it does whether the box filled up with nuts or empty. This is the signal that i am looking for that i can now add butter and other stuffs in!

however, another small mishap happens. The banana puree is too watery and my dough is too wet :furious::furious: so i kept adding plain flour to save my loaf! after adding countless spoonfuls of flour, the dough was saved! :lol::lol:

B87ADACF-CEE3-40C7-9DE8-8CC1D4F6183D_zps

13322458-9A1F-49D6-BC67-7052874D7CF9_zps

the inner is still too moist (darker parts) but it taste really good despite the small hiccups. le husband cannot stop eating the bread even after eating a bowl of brown rice for dinner. :o

I will keep trying till i succeed with the kind of loaf i want. :wub:

anyhow, this BM is a good buy for those who want to explore bread baking! Qoo10 sells it too & with limited time warranty iirc, under $60 with time sale at times.

to end this, i present a simple 2 dishes 1 soup i made on monday. Used my AF to fry the chicken with daiso's soya sauce flavoured chicken powder.

E20AAE3C-54C0-48BF-93B6-29EC7F56A918_zps

till next time~~~ :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

*clap clap clap*

I found someone who loves bread as much as me! Well done to both ur 2 attempts to make bread! Now u make me 'kian' (did I spell wrongly? I'm trying to say tempted in Hokkien :P) to buy a bread maker too! Saw your donlim BM from Taobao, seems like the menu are all in Chinese words. I can't read :( Is it idiot-proof? So interesting to mix and create a special flavor of bread! Your sharing of the step by step instructions is beneficial too! Don't be discouraged by how weird the outcome look lah, I'm sure with more practice, u will surely bake normal-looking bread that taste gooooood! But I'm really amazed how you & ur hubby can finish 2 stones of bread in less than 2 days...they look filling :P

I love baking but always no one to support me by helping me finish my bakes (my hubby is not a huge fan of bread). But I totally agree with the idea of baking ur own bread for breakfast daily...no preservatives & suit our cravings best! Next time when I pop over for visit, must let me try your creation arh :P