Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

OceanEleven, u speak my hubby's words rgd the washer! He was trying so hard to convince me to get a 8kg size load washer! Which we did since I came to terms that our clothes & stuff to wash will only get more & more over time.

Thanks for the info abt the basmati rice. I personally don't like the taste, will have to check with the hubby to persuade him how cheap or good brown rice is than the rest :)

Errr.... I talk too much? :jawdrop:

Nah, just kidding. :notti:

Well, just sharing things I had did some homework on only, saving trouble and efforts for all. Am learning from all here as well.

To stack dryer/washing machine, one have buy both front load. NOTE!

Dont be lke my champion friend who bought a top load washer and wanted to do stacking. :bangwall:

Also a small point to note when chososing washer, try to avoid those small load size like 6/7kg.

Go for something bigger like 8/9kg or more, this is to cater for bedsheets/linen/curtains etc.

These items takes up space and needs a bigger capacity to spin for a thorough wash.

Before you mix Basmati rice, go try it first. Basmati rice are not cheap if compare to normal Thai fragrant rice.

5kg pack is easily $20 plus, more than double of Thai rice.

Also the rice texture is slim and long. It is non sticky, unlike Thai rice will "stick" togther when cooked.

Basmati rice will still be of inidividual grain when cooked. Some may not like the texture and feel when in mouth.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Almost done photos :

Brickwall

The brick wall was the first thing that was being done in my new crib some time in March.

It is also by far the most risky item which i have purchased on TB till date. Close to 17 boxes of tiles and no breakage (I think so since i only QC a few boxes).

This is take under low light condition and after grouting. The bomb shelter hole and corner has been filled up. ;)

My husband was very impressed with the brick wall. And I know he will not allowed me to have a brick wall if we are using craft bricks because it may cost close to $4K. with our tight renovation budget, it is a :no::no: .

We saved at least $2K by getting the tiles in ourselves! :jammin:

the bricks came in pure white and some tiles have slightly greyish tint after applying the grouting. In fact, i love this look with a tint of grey as compare to tiles painted white after grouting. :bleah:

IMG_0338_zpsntzkhxsz.jpg

IMG_0339_zpscef0bpof.jpg

The wall looks amazing and also your home. Congrats, you finally move in to your new house.

Dose your contractor fixed the wall for you? how long it take them to complete the wall?

Can I have the link for the bricks and maybe your ID?

I think I have to start explore TB so can start thinking what to buy from there.

Edited by nextstep

The wall looks amazing and also your home. Congrats, you finally move in to your new house.

Dose your contractor fixed the wall for you? how long it take them to complete the wall?

Can I have the link for the bricks and maybe your ID?

I think I have to start explore TB so can start thinking what to buy from there.

Hi there!

Thanks for your compliment, we love our wall too. :jammin:

The tiler done up the wall in a day? maximum is 2 days. I was not there to monitor so i am unsure how long he took. my contractor told me that tiling only need 1 day. :lol:

the brick seller shop :http://qswhs.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z09.12.10.171.H8uorF&user_number_id=223580635

I will PM you my contractor's contact :)

*clap clap clap*

I found someone who loves bread as much as me! Well done to both ur 2 attempts to make bread! Now u make me 'kian' (did I spell wrongly? I'm trying to say tempted in Hokkien :P) to buy a bread maker too! Saw your donlim BM from Taobao, seems like the menu are all in Chinese words. I can't read :( Is it idiot-proof? So interesting to mix and create a special flavor of bread! Your sharing of the step by step instructions is beneficial too! Don't be discouraged by how weird the outcome look lah, I'm sure with more practice, u will surely bake normal-looking bread that taste gooooood! But I'm really amazed how you & ur hubby can finish 2 stones of bread in less than 2 days...they look filling :P

I love baking but always no one to support me by helping me finish my bakes (my hubby is not a huge fan of bread). But I totally agree with the idea of baking ur own bread for breakfast daily...no preservatives & suit our cravings best! Next time when I pop over for visit, must let me try your creation arh :P

bello neighbour!

haha! no, we can't finish the bread so i share them with my colleagues! they are my guinea piggies. :notti:

the donlim breadmaker menu is pretty easy and straightforward! just press which kind of bread you want and pour in everything, 3 hours later you will have bread! haha! You should get one! Donlim FB group is very helpful and a lot of pros there too! Some girls even make their homemade kaya using the BM. :lol: i am still taking baby steps in baking because i was a total noob before i bought this BM, i don't even know there are sooooo many different kinds of flour?! :unsure:

le husband told me last night, can you don't bake bread anymore for this week? i scared your passion for baking will die very soon if you bake so often. (actually i think he is getting sian to be my guinea pig at home for tasting the bread) :rolleyes::lol:

Sure sure! You will be included in my guinea piggie list very soon once you moved in! ;)

hihi,

Your house is very nicely done =) Can i have the link to the fake flower ball and the bedside drawer ? Thanks in advance =)

hihi,

Your house is very nicely done =) Can i have the link to the fake flower ball and the bedside drawer ? Thanks in advance =)

Hiya!

Here you go : 淘宝商品:仿真植物假花盆栽客厅摆设情侣小树套装搁板摆件道具结婚礼物 http://b.mashort.cn/S.1IKBf?sm=54b690 (👉👉👉复制整段信息,打开手机淘宝可直接访问👈👈👈)

淘宝商品:积累小家 抽屉搁板创意搁架 客厅装饰搁板 卧室隔板墙壁柜置物架 http://h5.m.taobao.com/scan/transit-sms.html?ut_sk=1.VNHpiUHGpCUDACySkwibJc67_21380790_1435240594.Copy.1&url=htt%70%3A%2F%2Fite%6D.t%61ob%61o.co%6D%2Fite%6D.ht%6D%3Fc%70%70%3D1%26id%3D10909197632%26sourceTy%70e%3Dite%6D&sm=349377 (👉👉👉复制整段信息,打开手机淘宝可直接访问👈👈👈)

Hello, do you mine sharing with me the price and contact for the curtain and blinds?

also, do you face any issue withe the taobao kitchen sink and tap?

thank you :)

Hello, do you mine sharing with me the price and contact for the curtain and blinds?

also, do you face any issue withe the taobao kitchen sink and tap?

thank you :)

Hello!

I am very satisfied with them in fact.

I read a few T-bloggers having issue with their sink (rust,choke) but i don't have this issue so far *cross fingers* and i use it very often and heavily when i am at home because i cook.

I love the tap so much to be frank, the retractable head is so convenient especially when i want to wash the further end of the sink. :wub:

I will PM you the curtain contacts! :sport-smiley-004:

Finally Decors!

I finally have some time to put up some decors up yesterday. Was tied up with house chores everyday :bleah::wacko:

we put up a couple of wood frames posters i got a few months ago from TB on my TV wall and dining area and I am so loving it!

DAA3CE79-30AE-4C98-BA41-28E552257875_zps

& yes, that is also TB wood frame clock to compliment the whole scandi look! :wub:

on a closer look :

B7C78D36-3750-4204-AEC7-40B46AE35B0E_zps

black wood frame for dining area :

4477F534-29A0-4F56-B9EE-50D0CDC357E1_zps

My decorated bedside drawers (All from TB except the mailbox saving bank):

F2EAC250-994B-4998-BE38-1655285B3007_zps

I have more decors coming up soon perhaps over the weekend, will post more photos soon! ;);)

Hiya!

Here you go : 淘宝商品:仿真植物假花盆栽客厅摆设情侣小树套装搁板摆件道具结婚礼物 http://b.mashort.cn/S.1IKBf?sm=54b690 (复制整段信息,打开手机淘宝可直接访问)

淘宝商品:积累小家 抽屉搁板创意搁架 客厅装饰搁板 卧室隔板墙壁柜置物架 http://h5.m.taobao.com/scan/transit-sms.html?ut_sk=1.VNHpiUHGpCUDACySkwibJc67_21380790_1435240594.Copy.1&url=htt%70%3A%2F%2Fite%6D.t%61ob%61o.co%6D%2Fite%6D.ht%6D%3Fc%70%70%3D1%26id%3D10909197632%26sourceTy%70e%3Dite%6D&sm=349377 (复制整段信息,打开手机淘宝可直接访问)

Thanks alot ! By the way i love the black rod with hook thingy above your kitchen sink. Did u buy from TB or amazon ?

Hi!

Could you kindly share your contact for the following please?

1) curtains

2) store room rack

3) post reno clean up

Thank you very very much in advance.

Hi!

Could you kindly share your contact for the following please?

1) curtains

2) store room rack

3) post reno clean up

Thank you very very much in advance.

Hello!

PM-ed you the details! :sport-smiley-018: