Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Need help and advice,

I am considering either getting the BLANCO kitchen sink but I also saw the Clean Up stainless steel sink at Song-Cho. (Attach photo)

1288149425_sf-sink.jpg?w=470

Anyone use this brand before?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cosentino showroom

Went over to Cosentino showroom at Duxton to check out their Silestone quartz design and colour, after seeing all the big pieces of sample I am really impress.

They got lots of colour selection and different kind of surface finished. So spoken to my designer and waiting for them to reply me with the price. (hope won't burn another big hole of my wallet)

8c30f9ed-e1aa-4400-ba2d-e5cdef9bab7f_zps

While I am there, also notice that they have a new product DEKTON and really love that marble design, after talking to the sales person I don't think I can afford it. How I wish I can install it in my bathroom as a feature wall.

46b06913-310e-4cbf-ae21-5b0e6e0a4fad_zps

Anyone use either one of their product before? Please share with me your experience.

Looking forward for updates to your bachelor man cave renovation.

Your renovation commence two days ago?

So sorry for the late reply. There is some delay due to the HDB didn't approve the plan for us to remove the wall :(

We submitted a new plan we see how it go.

So really hope we can get the work started soon.

I'm getting Silestone as well! Can't wait to see yours come to life! :good:

Nice, I yet to finalise the colour yet, but I think I am going for something more dark.

Thanks for dropping by.

Tiles Selection

Looking at lots of blog here and I notice that I really take things super slow for the this renovation journey. But I have to say I been super crazy busy at work and even hardly drop by Renotalk as I use to at the very beginning.

The only progress for the house is, the very disgusting sewage pipe had been remove and replace last week, and I am glad that I make the decision to replace all of it, when my ID sent me the photo of the pipes it is so corroded, that make my hair stand.

On last Sat I went down to GF+A at Mohd Sultan road for tiles selection,

The store really carry lots of beautiful tile, after spending nearly 2 hours in the shop (with free nicely made Latte, they have a coffee bar there) I finalise my tiles for the house.

This is how the colour mood for the tiles :

tiles_zps1ydrpdii.jpg

After the tiles we also went down to Teka to check our the kitchen hop, hood and oven.

I have to say the price of Teka is very reasonable, but I still more a fan of BOSCH, so really have to how's the budget goes and make the final decision.

Tiles Selection

Looking at lots of blog here and I notice that I really take things super slow for the this renovation journey. But I have to say I been super crazy busy at work and even hardly drop by Renotalk as I use to at the very beginning.

The only progress for the house is, the very disgusting sewage pipe had been remove and replace last week, and I am glad that I make the decision to replace all of it, when my ID sent me the photo of the pipes it is so corroded, that make my hair stand.

On last Sat I went down to GF+A at Mohd Sultan road for tiles selection,

The store really carry lots of beautiful tile, after spending nearly 2 hours in the shop (with free nicely made Latte, they have a coffee bar there) I finalise my tiles for the house.

This is how the colour mood for the tiles :

tiles_zps1ydrpdii.jpg

After the tiles we also went down to Teka to check our the kitchen hop, hood and oven.

I have to say the price of Teka is very reasonable, but I still more a fan of BOSCH, so really have to how's the budget goes and make the final decision.

Wah bro your have exquisite taste man...:) Use to love TEKA lots too but going with practicality on somethings these days:) Pocket constraints and a big area to cover...win some lose some I guess.

Must post regular updates since we both single bachelor renovating our man cave. Am interested to see how it evolve. :)

So you are 35?

Edited by Ahyong81

Wah bro your have exquisite taste man... :) Use to love TEKA lots too but going with practicality on somethings these days:) Pocket constraints and a big area to cover...win some lose some I guess.

me very cina one lah, where got taste haha! I let my designer guide me along the way, so tell them what I like and I don't,

but I told them they must challenge me when come to design, if not I should just go to contractor if they just follow my instruction.

I have to say TEKA price are reasonable for a Germany brand as compare to Bosch, but I do think the Bosch oven and hood build are better after looking and try both brand.

I have to agree with you, have to balance the pocket as I am only have me to cover all the cost of this reno. So still thinking and thinking...

Now is more like a need and want issue.

Must post regular updates since we both single bachelor renovating our man cave. Am interested to see how it evolve. :)

So you are 35?

Will try to update as much as I can bro, but busy plus not much update so didn't put much up here.

When the work start I think will have more update so hope they will start work soon.

I wish I am still so young, I am older than 35 lor.... (need to do botox liao!!!! hahaha)

Btw bro you house progress very well can't wait to see the complete look of your house, maybe also can share share with me where you do your shopping.

Lol. Guys ok de. Cause you single like me so thought you are 35. For me i am under 35 but above 30 lol. Got this saying

男人四十一条龙.

I brought my stuff all mostly from local :)

And most of the applicance is by friend connection to buy at a very good price then what outside can offer or promotion price.

Lol. Guys ok de. Cause you single like me so thought you are 35. For me i am under 35 but above 30 lol. Got this saying

男人四十一条龙.

I brought my stuff all mostly from local :)

And most of the applicance is by friend connection to buy at a very good price then what outside can offer or promotion price.

hahaha, hope by than I am 龙,not 虫!!!

btw very impress you are alone and manage to get a house at your age. It took my whole life saving for this man. :'(