Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

One thing to note if you keep the door but change the gate and the gate to be install with digital lock.

Take into consideration the position of main door knob/handle and where your gate digital lock will be.

In some cases, there is not enough space in between to mount the digital lock, one solution is to reverse the opening of the gate.

ie. Change from opening "left to right" to "right to left" or vice versa.

Lol. Bro. U are really very thoughtful leh.

My contractor also asked me whether I intend to install electronic lock. Thn explain to me the same thing u said. Lol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

One thing to note if you keep the door but change the gate and the gate to be install with digital lock.

Take into consideration the position of main door knob/handle and where your gate digital lock will be.

In some cases, there is not enough space in between to mount the digital lock, one solution is to reverse the opening of the gate.

ie. Change from opening "left to right" to "right to left" or vice versa.

ya, if I do that I will be sure take that into consideration, but not too sure will I do it now, because of my budget for a digital lock is more like a want than need :P

Lol. Bro. U are really very thoughtful leh.

My contractor also asked me whether I intend to install electronic lock. Thn explain to me the same thing u said. Lol

Bro OceanEleven always a super nice guy

ya, if I do that I will be sure take that into consideration, but not too sure will I do it now, because of my budget for a digital lock is more like a want than need :P

Bro OceanEleven always a super nice guy

Same as me. We agonizing over the digital lock for super long already! LOL.

Anyway, HomeFix having promo for the digi lock, a Yale 323 + 3109 is $998, which is lower than An's 1198...

Just FYI.

Same as me. We agonizing over the digital lock for super long already! LOL.

Anyway, HomeFix having promo for the digi lock, a Yale 323 + 3109 is $998, which is lower than An's 1198...

Just FYI.

thanks for the info, you are always so informative :)

I really appreciate that you share with me, will really consider but really not the most important things for the house I have to say.

Shopping - Aircon

Since the reno work going to start on this coming Monday

so I went down to GainCity to buy aircon, end up I got a system 3 by Mitsubishi Starmex

​Hope I make the right choice as I was told it come with 5 ticks, so finger cross.

Mean time there is a Home and Deco road show st Marina Square. If you want to take a look the actual Lamitak, there are there as well.

Shopping - Aircon

Since the reno work going to start on this coming Monday

so I went down to GainCity to buy aircon, end up I got a system 3 by Mitsubishi Starmex

​Hope I make the right choice as I was told it come with 5 ticks, so finger cross.

Mean time there is a Home and Deco road show st Marina Square. If you want to take a look the actual Lamitak, there are there as well.

Actually think u should get quote for air con from reliable aircon man than gain city. Sometimes its cheaper and gain city servicing and installation is outsource to third party contractor.

Sys3 Mitsubishi Starmex now is 2 ticks under the new rating. Like most refridgerators, new rating is harsher. Most 5 ticks are now 2 ticks out of 4.

I am using a Starmex sys3 (installed alre) and it was a 2tick

Yap. There is no more 4 or 5 tick aircon rating in Singapore market. The rating has been changed.

Gc tends to be ex.

My uncle house install starmax system 3 about 3 months ago for 2.8k, back then gc quote 3.2k

Edited by Ahyong81

Sys3 Mitsubishi Starmex now is 2 ticks under the new rating. Like most refridgerators, new rating is harsher. Most 5 ticks are now 2 ticks out of 4.

I am using a Starmex sys3 (installed alre) and it was a 2tick

Yap. There is no more 4 or 5 tick aircon rating in Singapore market. The rating has been changed.

Gc tends to be ex.

My uncle house install starmax system 3 about 3 months ago for 2.8k, back then gc quote 3.2k

OMG!!! kena con liao!!

No choice liao buy and paid for it. Should have done more research on the aircon before placing the order.

I brought my lg art cool for 3.1k system 3, with a bigger btu fc 18000 for living room.

1 got myself a 1 x 9k (guest room) 1 x 12k (MSR) and 1 x 24 (living room)

I get my quotes from my ID Mitisubshi starmax system 4 $4000 + $150 bracket - 9 X BTU for 3 rooms 1 X 28BTU for hall it is a good price any advise.

Not too sure, maybe you should shop around and compare price.

Don't be like me ok? Like a blur sotong

I get my quotes from my ID Mitisubshi starmax system 4 $4000 + $150 bracket - 9 X BTU for 3 rooms 1 X 28BTU for hall it is a good price any advise.

1 got myself a 1 x 9k (guest room) 1 x 12k (MSR) and 1 x 24 (living room)

Not too sure, maybe you should shop around and compare price.

Don't be like me ok? Like a blur sotong

From experience, I find aircon contractors usually "up-selling" the products. Although in theory their calculations may be correct, I find that they always push much higher BTU units than I really need. So far when I downsize, I find the units suitable.

For tarzanboy, I am not sure how big is the hall. But if the rooms are 9,000 BTU, I am sure 12,000 or at most 18,000 BTU will be more than enough for the hall.

For nextstep, looking at his floor plan, I would take 9,000 BTU as well for the MSR and 12,000 BTU or 18,000 if the aircon is intended also to serve the kitchen/dining area.