Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Ya lor, so this is the last thing I think I will go for, but again I think I will like the effect of the wall in the kitchen.

My house don't really have a distinctive theme, is more of simple and clean look, if I get the 3D drawing or got more detail will share here.

The more it close to the reno date the more stress I am, just worry things won't turn out to what I am expecting. Haha.

I would not support the idea of craftbricks in the kitchen for a couple of reasons. With craftbricks, there is not much of cleaning, mainly vacuum now and then. Craftbricks texture are mainly rough and "porous" hence no way to wipe over without getting the cloth "tearing".

The "porous" part will soak up whatever oil, smoke, sauce etc generated from cooking. Unless you like old school look, like a rustic kitchen which will take years of cooking to achieve, chances are you may be left with a neither here nor there look.

Then comes the craftbricks as back splash, great care to be taken when drilling should you later want to add a hook or a bar for hanging things.

Next, cost of craftbricks are not cheap, so why not top it up and splash it across a more prominent wall to achieve factor?

I bought my own bricks and got my ID to do it, labour alone set me back a few grand but the look is there.

Purely my two cents as I do not know your theme and look you wanna achieve. Cheerios. :jammin:

20140705_184627.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would not support the idea of craftbricks in the kitchen for a couple of reasons. With craftbricks, there is not much of cleaning, mainly vacuum now and then. Craftbricks texture are mainly rough and "porous" hence no way to wipe over without getting the cloth "tearing".

The "porous" part will soak up whatever oil, smoke, sauce etc generated from cooking. Unless you like old school look, like a rustic kitchen which will take years of cooking to achieve, chances are you may be left with a neither here nor there look.

Then comes the craftbricks as back splash, great care to be taken when drilling should you later want to add a hook or a bar for hanging things.

Next, cost of craftbricks are not cheap, so why not top it up and splash it across a more prominent wall to achieve factor?

I bought my own bricks and got my ID to do it, labour alone set me back a few grand but the look is there.

Purely my two cents as I do not know your theme and look you wanna achieve. Cheerios. :jammin:

20140705_184627.jpg

Thanks bro for your advice.

we change the idea of using the craft bricks liao, tiles have been chosen going to use subway tiles instate.

Just hope will turn out ok.

HDB finally call me today and inform me we are all good to start the reno, after a loooooooog wait. My ID team will start work this coming Monday.

So now just have to pray hard that everything will go smooth smooth.

My heart can't take too much stress anymore.

HDB finally call me today and inform me we are all good to start the reno, after a loooooooog wait. My ID team will start work this coming Monday.

So now just have to pray hard that everything will go smooth smooth.

My heart can't take too much stress anymore.

Good luck can't wait to see your work take shape...:)

Good luck can't wait to see your work take shape... :)

Thanks bro, me looking forward as well.

So now is time need to confirm lots of things liao.

How I wish I can wait till the year end sales only start buying sure can save more.

Thanks bro, me looking forward as well.

So now is time need to confirm lots of things liao.

How I wish I can wait till the year end sales only start buying sure can save more.

If you still looking for bathroom sinks can go to Sansei they having sales the final one for 2015 this weekend. Was informed by Nick who served me about this :).

If you still looking for bathroom sinks can go to Sansei they having sales the final one for 2015 this weekend. Was informed by Nick who served me about this :).

Thank for the advice, will find time this weekend to go check it out.

Plan to replace my house mind door and gate, anyone got lobang?

Any preference or budget? Main door need fire rated? If yes, will set you back min 1k up.

Price varies depending on 1 pc main door or the 2 pcs type.

Gate can go for conventional "off the shelf" design, think cost about $500.

Custom made and white powder coated will cost about 1.2k up, subject to complexity.

Any consideration to changing digital lock?

Depending on model, for both gate & door approx. 1k up.

Actually if change both main gate and door, it is the best time to install digital lock.

The locks needs space (between main door & gate) to be mounted. Hence changing both can "play" around a little with it.

I had changed all, if keen can PM me for my contractor.

Any preference or budget? Main door need fire rated? If yes, will set you back min 1k up.

Price varies depending on 1 pc main door or the 2 pcs type.

Gate can go for conventional "off the shelf" design, think cost about $500.

Custom made and white powder coated will cost about 1.2k up, subject to complexity.

Any consideration to changing digital lock?

Depending on model, for both gate & door approx. 1k up.

Actually if change both main gate and door, it is the best time to install digital lock.

The locks needs space (between main door & gate) to be mounted. Hence changing both can "play" around a little with it.

I had changed all, if keen can PM me for my contractor.

Thanks bro, will PM u.

Just to top up what oceaneleven mentioned.

Fire rated door min quote I got was 1.2+k. Non fire rated main door is around 600+.

End up my contractor just scrapped away the design on the present nyatoh door, touch up with wood plaster and paint single colour. But thats also because our door will hit afternoon sun so not so advisable to get veneer door per what he mention. Total damage only 150.

I was quoted wrought iron gate 2 leaf at only 400+. Hope this helps

This for the gate.

Yale YDR 323G (For gate)

20140805_221700-1.jpg

Gate. Front look.

20140805_221622-1.jpg

Comes with a remote control for this lock.

20140806_200606.jpg

thanks bro for the info.

You always been so helpful.

Just to top up what oceaneleven mentioned.

Fire rated door min quote I got was 1.2+k. Non fire rated main door is around 600+.

End up my contractor just scrapped away the design on the present nyatoh door, touch up with wood plaster and paint single colour. But thats also because our door will hit afternoon sun so not so advisable to get veneer door per what he mention. Total damage only 150.

I was quoted wrought iron gate 2 leaf at only 400+. Hope this helps

That helps. Maybe because of budget I will do the same things, but the gate have to go for sure.

thanks bro for the info.

You always been so helpful.

One thing to note if you keep the door but change the gate and the gate to be install with digital lock.

Take into consideration the position of main door knob/handle and where your gate digital lock will be.

In some cases, there is not enough space in between to mount the digital lock, one solution is to reverse the opening of the gate.

ie. Change from opening "left to right" to "right to left" or vice versa.