Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Dear Owl, you forgot another important factor in the home renovation is the budget allocated to it. Indeed a contractor cant give as many ideas but we can try to create it if we have some creative juices (which don't have..haha) but budget allocated to the renovation also makes a huge difference.

To re-design a layout will already cost a few thousands more to shift the walls area, good quality products also comes with a hefty price and unique products comes even heftier.

Therefore the value of money spent can be quite different for individuals, Thats said, I also like Nextstep's home very much and I love that so much space to play around...

I checked the map and we're separated by the MRT track :D 409 is at Ave 10. If you're driving, just 5-10 minutes away :) It's famous mainly for the fish porridge (very fresh fish, and a long queue everyday!), Hokkien Mee, and fish head steamboat. Also, beside it is the 409 coffeeshop with very decent teochew porridge.

I still think it's a brilliant plan, really out-of-the-box thinking. It made me take a really good, hard look at my 娘家 and go 'WOW...!' Therein lies the difference between (good) IDs and contractors :good: For us, even with our contractor's advice, we still have to wreck our brains. But it's fun, lah.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear Owl, you forgot another important factor in the home renovation is the budget allocated to it. Indeed a contractor cant give as many ideas but we can try to create it if we have some creative juices (which don't have..haha) but budget allocated to the renovation also makes a huge difference.

To re-design a layout will already cost a few thousands more to shift the walls area, good quality products also comes with a hefty price and unique products comes even heftier.

Therefore the value of money spent can be quite different for individuals, Thats said, I also like Nextstep's home very much and I love that so much space to play around...

Yep definitely agree. Hiring a contractor helped to save on a lot of the cost so I could squeeze more works in. No complaints there :good:

my unit around Ave 3, how's the reno journey so far?

all the best ya, wish your reno smooth smooth.

Wah, your place is looking great, I shall look at the rest of your t-blog soon for inspiration. Am going to be neighbours soon at AMK, getting keys to my resale 3-room flat next week. :)

Wah, your place is looking great, I shall look at the rest of your t-blog soon for inspiration. Am going to be neighbours soon at AMK, getting keys to my resale 3-room flat next week. :)

So sorry for the late reply, thanks for the complement and kind word.

Congratulation on your new house, so after CNY can start reno?

Do share with us your journey here as well ya.

Day 124 - Living in

It has been a while that I come to Renotalk just because I have been crazily busy of the move,

​clean, arrange delivery, packing the old place, unpacking at the new place and try to get all done before the CNY and stock food and snack for the CNY is really stress me out.

But I official move in to the cave on the 30th Jan. All of the furniture is in and I think there is still a bit here and there I will make it as a project in the future. I really didn't take much pic of the house yet, but for sure will update this space after CNY,

Got lots of blog I really need to read as well, but here is one of the photo I took that day in the evening after work.

72FA6BDF-1CFD-469F-A5C9-15038D3865FD_zps

Hello nextstep! Congrats on finally moved in le! :yamseng:

Your place looks cozy cozy! Waiting for more photos! :P

Anyway, advance HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR to you! :drunk:

So sorry for the late reply, thanks for the complement and kind word.

Congratulation on your new house, so after CNY can start reno?

Do share with us your journey here as well ya.

Congrats on moving in! Must be nice to have the place in time for CNY, don't stress haha.

I've been super chillax so I just started meeting 2 contractors on the day I collected my keys. And I already feel tired talking at such length and going back and forth on the quotations with the 2. Not sure if I want to meet more contractors, even though the 2 quotes both bust my budget by a lot now. 😅

I think by the time I confirm a contractor and get the reno permit, will be March already. 😁

Gorgeous and love that dining set with the sleek legs. I would have thought it is a condo le.. well done Bro and enjoy your new home

Hello nextstep! Congrats on finally moved in le! :yamseng:

Your place looks cozy cozy! Waiting for more photos! :P

Anyway, advance HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR to you! :drunk:

Thank you very much!! Huat huat for all of us!!

Looking really spacious and cosy! :good:

Thanks Berried, yep with the dinning room the living area did look bigger than when I take over this unit.

Picture looks amazing! Happy CNY and congrats on moving in!! :D

Thanks rice papergirl, ya finally. This is my 2nd weeks here. Still got a bit here and there need to be done.

Gong Xi Gong Xi!

Congrats on moving in! Must be nice to have the place in time for CNY, don't stress haha.

I've been super chillax so I just started meeting 2 contractors on the day I collected my keys. And I already feel tired talking at such length and going back and forth on the quotations with the 2. Not sure if I want to meet more contractors, even though the 2 quotes both bust my budget by a lot now.

I think by the time I confirm a contractor and get the reno permit, will be March already.

I also very chill when I just got my key, I too my key on May and only move in on Fed hahaha.

if u got time can take it a bit slow lah.

Super happy for you! Congrats!

Having your own crib after renting must be the best feeling in the world: ;)

Yep, feeling so proud of it and finally moving in.

How's your CNY?

wow!! congrats on moving in!! must be really excited and tiring!!

nice and spacious place!!

Thank you thank you, with only 1 week before CNY, I was like soon stress just to make sure all things are pack and organise, luckily

Gorgeous and love that dining set with the sleek legs. I would have thought it is a condo le.. well done Bro and enjoy your new home

Yep love this dinning set, in the end i spend more time on this area than the living room. hahaha!!!

Just one word -"SWEE"!

Thank you thank you!!!

it turn out alright.