Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I also very chill when I just got my key, I too my key on May and only move in on Fed hahaha.

if u got time can take it a bit slow lah.

Wah, ok you confirm more chill than me. :good: How come yours so long, you didn't start reno until very late?

I finally confirmed my contractor, gonna pick tiles this weekend! Guess should be able to move in by early May ba, although not really in a hurry.

Hi Nextstep

It took me awhile to read all the pages on your T Blog but it was so enjoyable to read about your renovation journey and to see your home come into place.. Yor home looks really lovely! Even I want my house to be a bachelor s pad feel now too! Haha would you mind if I PM you to ask about your ID?

I've met with only one so far but he didn't touch at all on the feel of the house. I wonder if it's better to go with yours since they have experience in creating a home like this.

Hope you're having an awesome Chinese New Year in your home! :)

Can you share the model of your Bosch Oven and how is it serving you ?

Based on the picture, I believe it is a series 8.  I am also looking at one which is Combi Steam.

On 12 February 2016 at 11:33 AM, owlNbear said:

Your place really looks manly! I know my fiance would definitely love to bunk in with you, haha!

So sorry for the late reply, I am back!!! Been MIA for a long time hahaha

Man's cave mah so need to be man lor!! lolz!! 

Hope no smelly man smell here :P

On 12 February 2016 at 1:18 PM, huiamos said:

Nextstep: Gong xi gong xi! Happy for you! Nice home, wanted to see more pics!

Thank you very much, I am glad you like what you see.

Will try to take more pic soon. As of now still not final complete the look I want to achieve haha!!

Need a floor lamp, a nice painting/ photo to hang on my wall, room also can be messy at times. I still keep buying things here and there.

On 12 February 2016 at 2:26 PM, sanguine said:

Wah, ok you confirm more chill than me. :good: How come yours so long, you didn't start reno until very late?

I finally confirmed my contractor, gonna pick tiles this weekend! Guess should be able to move in by early May ba, although not really in a hurry.

SUper chill hor, as I plan to move in before CNY that is why super chill,

But it took me about 1 months to confirm my ID and took nearly 3-4 weeks for finalise the design and ding dong between HDB. That is why it drag till last month lor :P

On 16 February 2016 at 4:49 PM, kitkitkit said:

Hi Nextstep

It took me awhile to read all the pages on your T Blog but it was so enjoyable to read about your renovation journey and to see your home come into place.. Yor home looks really lovely! Even I want my house to be a bachelor s pad feel now too! Haha would you mind if I PM you to ask about your ID?

I've met with only one so far but he didn't touch at all on the feel of the house. I wonder if it's better to go with yours since they have experience in creating a home like this.

Hope you're having an awesome Chinese New Year in your home! :)

PMed!

On 25 February 2016 at 1:15 AM, Spidy25 said:

Can you share the model of your Bosch Oven and how is it serving you ?

Based on the picture, I believe it is a series 8.  I am also looking at one which is Combi Steam.

Hi Spidy this is the model I got myself CSG656RS1, yes is a series 8.

The one I got is a smaller model, they do have a standard size model but is more costly.

Loving it so far, been using it to prep meal. 

Hi nextstep, 

I just went through your entire renovation process and really did a good job with your pad!

Can i check with you where you got your customized sofa from? and how it is compared to the one at the danish design store? 

On 2/5/2016 at 1:29 PM, nextstep said:

Day 124 - Living in

It has been a while that I come to Renotalk just because I have been crazily busy of the move,

clean, arrange delivery, packing the old place, unpacking at the new place and try to get all done before the CNY and stock food and snack for the CNY is really stress me out.

But I official move in to the cave on the 30th Jan. All of the furniture is in and I think there is still a bit here and there I will make it as a project in the future. I really didn't take much pic of the house yet, but for sure will update this space after CNY,

Got lots of blog I really need to read as well, but here is one of the photo I took that day in the evening after work.

72FA6BDF-1CFD-469F-A5C9-15038D3865FD_zps

Belated congrats on your moving in! The whole place looks lovely! Where did you get your carpet from? 

Hello nextstep! I am still waiting for your photos update of your completed home~~~ :D

Edited by yakult

Congratulations on the completion of your renovation and you have one lovely house, everything looks classy!

Like everything in the photo of your living and dining area, the sofa, the dinning set, the pendant light and the carpet looks amazing.

Guest brrrando

Home's looking great nextstep! I second the ladies's request for an update of your completed home! :D

On 3 March 2016 at 5:54 PM, Chewie91 said:

Hi nextstep, 

I just went through your entire renovation process and really did a good job with your pad!

Can i check with you where you got your customized sofa from? and how it is compared to the one at the danish design store? 

Hi hi I am so sorry for the late reply, I get my sofa customised at Blåfink (You can find their info at Facebook) 

Overall I am happy with the sofa, you can't compare with the original, as the original will cost about 10K 

but the look is almost 90% similar, but the original one is soon comfy, but this one not that bad as well, as I like my sofa a bit hard.

On 7 March 2016 at 11:25 AM, sapphire89 said:

Belated congrats on your moving in! The whole place looks lovely! Where did you get your carpet from? 

Thank you very much Sapphire89 for your compliment.

The carpet I got it a irug.com, you can go check it out.

On 23 March 2016 at 3:56 PM, yakult said:

Hello nextstep! I am still waiting for your photos update of your completed home~~~ :D

So sorry I gone missing for such a long time, with a new boss I kinda stop doing anything for the house.

So not much change but I finally took some pic will upload in a while ya.

On 26 March 2016 at 6:48 PM, bykaraanne said:

Ya lor bro why never update? :P

Kara, finally I am back, after reply u guys I will upload photo liao.

On 12 April 2016 at 0:23 PM, watzup said:

Congratulations on the completion of your renovation and you have one lovely house, everything looks classy!

Like everything in the photo of your living and dining area, the sofa, the dinning set, the pendant light and the carpet looks amazing.

Thank you very much.

On 12 April 2016 at 5:57 PM, brrrando said:

Home's looking great nextstep! I second the ladies's request for an update of your completed home! :D

Thanks!! coming coming!! Uploading it to photobucket now.