Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

QUESTION GUYS:

Are your homes your likely "forever homes"? Means this house you're renovating right now, is it likely that you won't move again?

I am balancing spending the money on it and then upgrading. We got this house with the intention to upgrade or uproot ourselves 5 years later... But right now after spending quite a bit on it, I don't know what to think about leaving behind this place.

For you guys who've had the 2nd, and thus forever home, how did you feel about leaving that first one behind and did you spend on it as well?

Suddenly feeling odd about what we're putting into this place, but it has to be home for at least the next 5 years... :dunno:

For me I seeing this house is a place I will be staying for a min. 10 years but again with my age I don't see the point of moving as well.

So when I plan for the reno, I will try to make it as cosy and I can a place I really call home that I wanted to stay in and look forward each day,

after stay in a rented a room and rented unit for years, I want to make sure I can call this place HOME.

Well I stayed in my previous for 7 years and did a full mod in that unit as well. I guess for ourselves we believe in going full mod if we will be buying a home for our own stay. Much against the practice of older gen but well it's us I guess.

Of course I never wanted to leave hence we felt if we cannot get a good price we would rather stay put than uproot and re-do it all over again.

So although we tried to cut down on the budget this time around it seems this time we busted our budget bigger than round 1 although both units are the same model. Sighz...This should be the last I'd hope.

For me I seeing this house is a place I will be staying for a min. 10 years but again with my age I don't see the point of moving as well.

So when I plan for the reno, I will try to make it as cosy and I can a place I really call home that I wanted to stay in and look forward each day,

after stay in a rented a room and rented unit for years, I want to make sure I can call this place HOME.

Haha I so get you! I've been living in a small room previously and am renting a studio apartment now... Getting a new place of my own is awesome!

Just that we're always doing financial planning for the future so thought whether it's wise to really invest in the first home that we will eventually leave.

But hubby and you guys woke me to my senses! It's gotta be nice no matter what and at our age we can always have options open. And having the 3R also gives us the financial flexibility to upgrade whenever we wish after the 5 years. So save there liao, might as well spend a bit more on the house!

Thanks for all the thoughts. Appreciate it guys. :)

Well I stayed in my previous for 7 years and did a full mod in that unit as well. I guess for ourselves we believe in going full mod if we will be buying a home for our own stay. Much against the practice of older gen but well it's us I guess.

Of course I never wanted to leave hence we felt if we cannot get a good price we would rather stay put than uproot and re-do it all over again.

So although we tried to cut down on the budget this time around it seems this time we busted our budget bigger than round 1 although both units are the same model. Sighz...This should be the last I'd hope.

Hahaha! Both EMs?! Wow! Haha. I LOVE EMs!

Your house turned out great, so even if it's another 7 years, I'm sure it'd be super comfy. Haha. :) worth la!

Hubby says, spend here save there lor. We alre saved cus we married very young and simply, and got the BTO for very good price, so might as well make it a little cozier for ourselves here. So I guess it's like that haha!

I think too much. 50yo in a 23yo body. :P

Haha well least you have a hubby thats willing to spend so look on the bright side :)

haha ya que sera sera

Don't need to think yet! :) as long as we are in good financial standing for the future im happy!

Are you using gas heater or storage tank?

I need the 15A lines for air con and induction cooker so Have to go gas... But kind of worried that the water pressure will be too low for rain shower with gas heaters. Does anyone have experience in this?

Are you using gas heater or storage tank?

I need the 15A lines for air con and induction cooker so Have to go gas... But kind of worried that the water pressure will be too low for rain shower with gas heaters. Does anyone have experience in this?

Just add one more socket la if you need more?

I chose gas heater as my current place uses it at 16F and the water pressure is fine. But no rain shower though. I think can use but the rain shower cannot be too big.

Mine is wayyyyy big at 25cm so just gonna test, if cannot then I'll go change to a smaller one.

I also chose gas heater cus of my bathtub, wouldn't be economical to heat up with electricity every time IMO.

t6cbpw.jpg

Gas heater up... The gas piping was done very very well, seems like my shelves will look good.

Carpenter came down for the kitchen cabinets and said my gas heater looks too close to the water piping, and as the top gets hot, it could burn and damage it.

Now I need to call citygas and ask them if this clearance is reasonable... :(

Ah well you live and learn.

I know right? I'm so tempted. The rustoleum looks like a good idea too. Where do you buy it from?? Might have to keep it in mind for some of my furniture! :)

Rust-o-leum from Selffix DIY. Homefix don't have hor don't go wrong. :P

Anyway, my friends in the US use the rustoleum range to spray FURNITURE and still holds up, so I'm gonna trust it!

Rust-o-leum from Selffix DIY. Homefix don't have hor don't go wrong. :P

Anyway, my friends in the US use the rustoleum range to spray FURNITURE and still holds up, so I'm gonna trust it!

Haha! I already went to a nearby Home Fix at lunch time! >.< Very tempted to spray paint the living room photo ledge copper!

Think 15A only maximum 2 from the mains of my hdb. Want to pull more also dont have.

By the way would the paint last with constant handling? Since u will be using it for knobs and handles there is frequent "rubbing".