Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

That might be the first fireplace i see in Singapore HDB.

Your house will be full of character and charm. 👍 oppss watch too much HGtv.

Lol

Hehe I think got 2 or 3 other homeowners with fireplace-like mantles... But don't think many have the LED fire inside! Haha!

It's a risk that'll hopefully turn out well! :P

Heartpain cus (1) more drill holes in my brand new house!!! and (2) will have more exposed copper piping and (3) need to go measure how it'll affect my washer/dryer and my drying rack that HDB provided.

Perhaps this is why most people go for storage heaters. DANGNABBIT. But ah well, as long as there is a solution! 8|

Chillax, the heater is at a corner, most wont notice the copper piping and drill holes after patching and painting. :good:

In the long run, you will be glad you made the choice of a gas heater. :jammin:

Chillax, the heater is at a corner, most wont notice the copper piping and drill holes after patching and painting. :good:

In the long run, you will be glad you made the choice of a gas heater. :jammin:

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I hope so too, especially with the dang tub. :P

I saw gold colored handles today at plaza sing, brand is Baldwin. Knobs about 18-20 a piece. Handles slightly more.

Even Abloy, the lock brand also has them.

Wonder where can get cheaper?

I saw gold colored handles today at plaza sing, brand is Baldwin. Knobs about 18-20 a piece. Handles slightly more.

Even Abloy, the lock brand also has them.

Wonder where can get cheaper?

That shop prices is ridiculous la.

You can try Taobao, but I'm still going my own way. :)

typically a fireplace is never placed in small space because of the fire hazards (electric heaters excepted) and overheating. unless you have a floor space between your furniture and the fireplace, it would not look natural. some pointers for you to mull when positioning your couches.

typically a fireplace is never placed in small space because of the fire hazards (electric heaters excepted) and overheating. unless you have a floor space between your furniture and the fireplace, it would not look natural. some pointers for you to mull when positioning your couches.

Yep, it has already been noted.

My space between the "small" fireplace and furniture is decent, and most fireplaces aren't wood-burning nowadays anyway. :)

I have a few spots to place my fireplace in case it doesn't work out below my tv, so no problems there. Gotta take some risks during renovations right? After all we all don't want cookie cutter homes. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep, it has already been noted.

My space between the "small" fireplace and furniture is decent, and most fireplaces aren't wood-burning nowadays anyway. :)

I have a few spots to place my fireplace in case it doesn't work out below my tv, so no problems there. Gotta take some risks during renovations right? After all we all don't want cookie cutter homes. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Don't mess with the designer =Pp

Don't mess with the designer =Pp

Hahaha I where got so fierce...

Actually I also don't know how it'll look, quite a costly risk to take but gotta take some. :P

Most apprehensive about the fireplace and medallion... Worried that I'm going a bit "over" with the theme, but I also don't wanna look like an IKEA showroom u know? Since I have close to no custom carpentry!

Actually I also don't know how it'll look, quite a costly risk to take but gotta take some. :P

Most apprehensive about the fireplace and medallion... Worried that I'm going a bit "over" with the theme, but I also don't wanna look like an IKEA showroom u know? Since I have close to no custom carpentry!

sketch it out based on whats in your mind. dont use those id softwares.

sketch it out based on whats in your mind. dont use those id softwares.

Interesting you should say that!

Because I actually did draw out the entire north/south/east/west walls of the living room :P and it was what I envisioned.

Liddat pass anot? Hahahahaha! I went old school. The ID softwares can't really create what I want.

• Like 1

Methinks your medallion will be a good addition to your theme. Your fireplace abit hard to say until it's installed. I think it could be a hit or miss thing? At the very worst, if you don't like it, could you uninstall it and place it in another room/space? That's what I've been doing with the stuff I don't like hahahah

Methinks your medallion will be a good addition to your theme. Your fireplace abit hard to say until it's installed. I think it could be a hit or miss thing? At the very worst, if you don't like it, could you uninstall it and place it in another room/space? That's what I've been doing with the stuff I don't like hahahah

Yeah, that's what my contractor tells me too!

It comes in one piece so I can always place it somewhere to see if it works first before really securing it in.

I get the hit or miss though, so far the faux fireplaces haven't been amazing in local houses. Am hoping the LED fire helps my endeavor...

Am just following a few pics on Pinterest and hoping it works well. Lol. My hubby say, even Scandinavian in HDB was pioneered by one person before it spread like wildfire right... So he say we see nice can already. :P

But I hope so...

Interesting you should say that!

Because I actually did draw out the entire north/south/east/west walls of the living room :P and it was what I envisioned.

Liddat pass anot? Hahahahaha! I went old school. The ID softwares can't really create what I want.

Actually you just need the overall impression. leave the delicate details alone they come in later. when i did my own ID for my 3 room flat, i showed the contractor all the sketches and i realize words left too much for interpretation. The other impt crucial detail is colour, which i am sure you can see in your own vision.