Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Haha I know, but troublesome to buy la! I hardly cook with turmeric (I'm not that good a cook, at most with curry packet!) so I think testing with curry is good enough for me?

Then I'll try to bang it up a little by putting pots and pans on it. And then test the heat resistance!

Thanks!

No need to buy, just go any roti prata shop buy buy prata with curry, use theirs can already.

Ask for all three type of curry, fish / chicken / mutton.

Their sure use turmeric.

Edited by Ahyong81

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Curry has tumeric, so you'll get your turmeric testing then! Also, if you're feeling extra brave, you can put hot pots and pans to test for warping - but I'm not gutsy enough haha.

And, nestled tables!

Your home is going to be splendid :)

No need to buy, just go any roti prata shop buy buy prata with curry, use theirs can already.

Ask for all three type of curry, fish / chicken / mutton.

Their sure use turmeric.

OKKKK thanks bro!

Curry has tumeric, so you'll get your turmeric testing then! Also, if you're feeling extra brave, you can put hot pots and pans to test for warping - but I'm not gutsy enough haha.

And, nestled tables!

Your home is going to be splendid :)

heh heh. OK so my guess was agar agar correct la. Curry it is then! I will put a hot pot on it tonight. :)

Thanks! AND YOU CHOSE THE SAME AS ME hahahaa my hubby chose the round one. Thanks for breaking the tie! :dancingqueen:

QUESTION GUYS:

Are your homes your likely "forever homes"? Means this house you're renovating right now, is it likely that you won't move again?

I am balancing spending the money on it and then upgrading. We got this house with the intention to upgrade or uproot ourselves 5 years later... But right now after spending quite a bit on it, I don't know what to think about leaving behind this place.

For you guys who've had the 2nd, and thus forever home, how did you feel about leaving that first one behind and did you spend on it as well?

Suddenly feeling odd about what we're putting into this place, but it has to be home for at least the next 5 years... :dunno:

Try using turmeric

Turmeric is the best testing sample. :jammin::jammin:

Btw Ahyong81, what cooker hob you got yourself, as I remembered you mention you cook a lot.

QUESTION GUYS:

Are your homes your likely "forever homes"? Means this house you're renovating right now, is it likely that you won't move again?

I am balancing spending the money on it and then upgrading. We got this house with the intention to upgrade or uproot ourselves 5 years later... But right now after spending quite a bit on it, I don't know what to think about leaving behind this place.

For you guys who've had the 2nd, and thus forever home, how did you feel about leaving that first one behind and did you spend on it as well?

Suddenly feeling odd about what we're putting into this place, but it has to be home for at least the next 5 years... :dunno:

Definately the tricky one but based on personal experience of full mod for both homes it works both ways.

Did the first thinking I'll stay in it for a long time before deciding to sell and move for easier commute to kids schools which will become a daily issue for over 10 years and more.

But what we did was since we spent so much on the first we adopted a sell if the price is right with our original flat and we did get the price we wanted which was "above market rate" when we sold for the area we sold in.

So I guess having a well done up place makes viewing of potential buyers better and think of possibilities with your home.

Personally I've stepped into homes that are dark and gloomy and musky and even though the price is below but the feel the moment you stepped in was no longer about possibilities but how to make your way out in the fastest best way.

So not sure if this thought helps.

Also you will be living in his home for least 5 years so do you want to live in it comfortably or settle for what you think is ok and await 5 years.

It's about decisions I guess.

Definately the tricky one but based on personal experience of full mod for both homes it works both ways.

Did the first thinking I'll stay in it for a long time before deciding to sell and move for easier commute to kids schools which will become a daily issue for over 10 years and more.

But what we did was since we spent so much on the first we adopted a sell if the price is right with our original flat and we did get the price we wanted which was "above market rate" when we sold for the area we sold in.

So I guess having a well done up place makes viewing of potential buyers better and think of possibilities with your home.

Personally I've stepped into homes that are dark and gloomy and musky and even though the price is below but the feel the moment you stepped in was no longer about possibilities but how to make your way out in the fastest best way.

So not sure if this thought helps.

Also you will be living in his home for least 5 years so do you want to live in it comfortably or settle for what you think is ok and await 5 years.

It's about decisions I guess.

I was hoping for your thoughts! Since my end-game IS a bigger house or if our parents and in-laws are willing, to uproot to London.

Thanks for your input, it is very, very appreciated.

Did you stay in your first for 10 years then?

I am young, I was thinking, if die die cannot bear to sell, stay for 10 years (I'll be 34 then; assuming I have a kid at 27, my kid just nice go P1 in 10 years' time), and sell, still worth it right?

I am definitely not spending a ton on this reno, but definitely not as little as I'd hoped as well (reno + electronics + furniture in the $32 - $35k range). And I did buy the house at a really really good price. :dunno: I suppose it all evens out in the end?

By asking this question, it seems that you have plan to change house in the future. But like what doubleEM bro said, you are going to stay in this one for at least 5 years. Since you are so young, 10 years would be a realistic timeframe. It's important to live in a house that you like and comfortable. By the time you change house next time, you would have earn and save enough to splurge again

I stayed in mine for 14 years before moving...

Edited by ZzzMonster

By asking this question, it seems that you have plan to change house in the future. But like what doubleEM bro said, you are going to stay in this one for at least 5 years. Since you are so young, 10 years would be a realistic timeframe. It's important to live in a house that you like and comfortable. By the time you change house next time, you would have earn and save enough to splurge again

I stayed in mine for 14 years before moving...

Yeah, we all along wanted to upgrade shortly after the 5 years... But I've grown to love my house now... Haha :(

Our financial situation when we got the house vs now is quite different and we may soon have kids or parents living with us. But I think we may extend the 5 year plan to 8/9 years before we move to make the renos worthwhile....

Yeah, we all along wanted to upgrade shortly after the 5 years... But I've grown to love my house now... Haha :(

Our financial situation when we got the house vs now is quite different and we may soon have kids or parents living with us. But I think we may extend the 5 year plan to 8/9 years before we move to make the renos worthwhile....

Hey babe,

doubleEM's advice about staying until/if a good price for your home comes along sounds good, if a bit mercenary! For my part, I've been living with my in-laws for awhile now; it's been quite a squeeze and I think some of us have lower tolerance for the squash than others. Having said that though, I've grown to really enjoy having my sibling-in-laws around and I know our place will feel quiet and empty when we move in (empty nest syndrome even before having my own babies hahahah).

Overall, I reckon the decision will come to you, or perhaps even be made for you, in time.

For me, its my house and irregardless if i am staying for 5 years or more, within this 5 years i will want my house to be cosy and something i look forward to be at after a hard day at work. No one know what will happen in the future, a house is something that dont run away. Its a place that i can find shelter with so i will do it up nicely and within my means.

For me as long as i am able. I will work and money can be earned back.

Edited by Ahyong81

Hey babe,

doubleEM's advice about staying until/if a good price for your home comes along sounds good, if a bit mercenary! For my part, I've been living with my in-laws for awhile now; it's been quite a squeeze and I think some of us have lower tolerance for the squash than others. Having said that though, I've grown to really enjoy having my sibling-in-laws around and I know our place will feel quiet and empty when we move in (empty nest syndrome even before having my own babies hahahah).

Overall, I reckon the decision will come to you, or perhaps even be made for you, in time.

Yeah! We will probably upgrade before our parents have to move in with us. :) just don't want to waste money on renovations... Since I've grown so attached to all these! :D

For me, its my house and irregardless if i am staying for 5 years or more, within this 5 years i will want my house to be cosy and something i look forward to be at after a hard day at work. No one know what will happen in the future, a house is something that dont run away. Its a place that i can find shelter with so i will do it up nicely and within my means.

For me as long as i am able. I will work and money can be earned back.

Good point bro! Makes so much sense :)

Because we're "looser" now than 3 years ago when we first got the 3R, all these other thoughts start to set in. But I'm being ridiculous. You're right, it should be nice no matter how long I live in it! :)

Thanks guys!